Winter Writing Contest 2022

Xenon FAKKU Writer
Forum Image: https://i.ibb.co/ss3VtqC/Winter-Writing-Contest-2022-4.png

Greetings, everyone, and welcome! The time for the highly anticipated FAKKU! Writing and Fanfiction section's annual Winter Writing Contest has come again. Members of the community new and old are welcome to try out and submit any kind of original written work from poetry to prose. Similar to last year, there will be no judges. There will still be a poll, but it will be for fun. In the past, the winners were able to receive some nice FAKKU! prizes. This year, depending on the number of participants, there might be participation gifts to encourage everyone to contribute something. You can discuss the contest and find the rules and guidelines in this thread.

The contest will accept entries until its deadline which is 00:00 of New Year's Day, the 1st of January, 2023 (EST, GMT-5). Submissions posted after this date cannot be included, so please participate, prepare your submissions, and remember to have fun in this seasonal and festive time of the year!
Xenon FAKKU Writer
Rules

1. No word limit.

2. The themes this year will be: Sun & Moon, Water & Fire, Cycles, and/or Winter/Holidays. You're also welcome to write outside these themes if you wish, or something you've been planning for a while. Feel free to use these as a starting point.

3. It can be any kind of creative writing - stories and poetry are welcome.

4. It must be your own work. The community will be looking very closely at your words for anything that has been plagiarized.

5. Please avoid having someone else privately edit/improve/fix errors in your entry. It goes against the spirit of the contest in questioning whether your submission is truly your original work. However, feel free to post and ask the community for advice during or after the contest.

6. Keep posts in this topic relevant. Comments are allowed, and submissions should be posted here as links to separate Writing and Fanfiction forum threads. Details can be found in the post below.

7. Please try to include the following tag [Winter Contest Entry 2022] at the front of your entry's thread title. An example would be "[Winter Contest Entry 2022] FAKKU's Winter Wonderland".

8. Each contestant can submit any amount of entries, but they will not receive multiple potential prizes for doing so. One (1) potential prize per author.

Deadline

The deadline for entries is 00:00 of New Year's Day, the 1st of January, 2023 (EST, GMT-5). Entries after this time will have to be disregarded.

Judging

There will be no judges this year and thus no Judge's Choice or runner-up award, there will however be a public poll on the selection of top picks come January so that everyone gets their say. The winner of the public opinion on FAKKU will receive the Reader's Choice award title. The user receiving second in the polls will be a runner-up for this award who will also be commended for their close placement. There will be no additional prize for placing in the polls, however.

Ask any questions you may have in this thread. You may PM me instead if you would like.

Also, please try to leave some comments on the entries of the participants, whether constructive or supportive. It doesn't matter whether you're a fellow writer, a participant yourself, or someone who barely writes and just reads; writers enjoy comments and feedback from almost anyone.

So please give it a shot and get your ideas out there; I wish you the best of luck. And of course, happy holidays!

Credits go to waterflame for working on this year's banner. Thank you!
Xenon FAKKU Writer
F.A.Q.s

--How do I submit my Entry?

Make a new thread for your entry in the Writing and Fanfiction Section. Then, copy the link of your entry and post it in this thread.

You MUST post the link of your entry in this thread or else it will NOT be counted.

--Can I submit multiple entries?

Yes, there is no limit to the number of entries one may submit this year. However, you will not get multiple potential prizes for doing so.

--Does it have to be under a certain number of words?

No, there is no restriction on word count this year. However, it may amuse you to know that people could make do with 1000 words in the first contest.

--Can I change or edit my entry?

Sure, but please announce it and let us in the community know. You can change or edit your entry up until the deadline - 00:00 of the 1st of January, 2023 (EST, GMT-5).

--Can I take ideas, or have a parody from an already-existing work?

Sure, you can. However, you need to explain it to the community that you did and have permission from the owner of that work if it's a work located on these forums. We may suspect plagiarism otherwise. Just leave a footnote regarding it in your thread.

--Do I have to include adult/sexual contents in my entry?

This is purely your choice. We don't mind if sexual content is present. We don't encourage or discourage it.

--What is this poll and how is it going to work?

Depending on the number of entries, we may have multiple polls. The top users in each poll will move on to the Final poll. The winner of the Final poll will receive the Reader's Choice award. The second highest will receive the Runner-up award.

Polls

Closed: You can view the first and only poll here.

Winners

Reader's Choice: Congratulations goes to Yanker for their winning submission The Garden of Blades.

Reader's Choice Runner-ups: Congratulations also goes to crazr, xninebreaker, and d(^_^)(^_^)d on tying for the Runner-up positions with the entries Dreameater, The Greatest of All Time, and Twilight Drifter.

List of entrants and their submissions:

If your name is not on this list, it means:

- You did not post a link to your submission as instructed by the rules above.

- Your entry did not follow the rules.

- Your entry was not posted before the deadline.

- The list is yet to be updated.

If you've made an error from any of the infractions described above, then your entry may not be included, but you will be notified of such and given the opportunity to fix as appropriate, unless the deadline has passed.
xninebreaker FAKKU Writer
Ayyy it's good to see the contest still going! I think I can make some time!
waterflame FAKKUDL.NET
Aye yo! Glad you are still doing this every year. One of the few things that hasn't changed.... Maybe I'll actually write something this year.
DatYuriThough Goddess of Nature
Crazr made me aware of the request for my own submission, and I will do my best to produce something in the time I have left. Between sickness, obligations for other stories I am writing, and full-time employment, I don't know if I'll be successful in doing so. But I'll give it my best shot!
Here’s a story.

I tried several different ways to make it a clean looking hyperlink, but it seems I just can’t on my phone.

https://www.fakku.net/forums/writing-and-fanfiction/winter-writing-contest-2022-dreameater

As an extra, I might be posting a heavily edited and refined version of a familiar story on here. The ultimate goal is to publish it to a website that focuses more on writing, but since this is where I found my start, it just wouldn’t feel right if I didn’t try to upload it here first!
Xenon FAKKU Writer
This year I attempted to challenge myself with something new to me. I try my hand at poetry: Earthly Interval Assortment
Yanker I read hentai for plot
https://www.fakku.net/forums/writing-and-fanfiction/winter-contest-entry-2022-the-garden-of-blades#4799051

Literally left it last minute, writing has been hard lately. Happy new year everyone!
https://www.fakku.net/forums/writing-and-fanfiction/winter-contest-entry-2022-untitled

Last minute! Happy New years. Really put my heart into it this time :)
DatYuriThough Goddess of Nature
Passage

Got here, just in time, rushed this out in an hour, so my apologies if the quality is lacking!
xninebreaker FAKKU Writer
The Greatest of All Time

Wow, down to the wire yet as usual, but I got it in!
Xenon FAKKU Writer
Thank you to everyone who wrote entries for this year!

As of now, the deadline for the contest is passed and submissions will no longer be accepted. Stay tuned for the Reader's poll that will be posted in a couple days.

Thank you for your participation and Happy New Year! May you find this year better than the last.
Twilight Drifter

Nooooo! I just realized as posting this that the deadline is passed. That's what I get for putting this off to the last minute.

Well, there it is. Regardless of whether or not it's in the contest, read it if you choose.
Xenon FAKKU Writer
d(^_^)(^_^)d wrote...
Twilight Drifter

Nooooo! I just realized as posting this that the deadline is passed. That's what I get for putting this off to the last minute.

Well, there it is. Regardless of whether or not it's in the contest, read it if you choose.

Eh, 50 minutes isn't so big of a deal. As administrative order, I'll let it slide. Glad you made it this year, d.
Xenon wrote...
d(^_^)(^_^)d wrote...
Twilight Drifter

Eh, 50 minutes isn't so big of a deal. As administrative order, I'll let it slide. Glad you made it this year, d.

Thanks, I appreciate the gesture.

Although, I'll leave it up to your judgment, but I think maybe perhaps my entry shouldn't be included in the poll to be fair.
Xenon FAKKU Writer
d(^_^)(^_^)d wrote...
Thanks, I appreciate the gesture.

Although, I'll leave it up to your judgment, but I think maybe perhaps my entry shouldn't be included in the poll to be fair.

Honestly, this contest has become more of a collaboration between friends than a serious kind of competition. The deadline therefore is more of a formality than a brick wall, to let people know not to make a habit out of stretching it too far. I just wouldn't be satisfied with disqualifying you because of 50 minutes. Really, it's no big deal. Plus, it's not the first time we allowed a straggler in shortly after the last minute in recent years. Just don't let it happen next year.