[Anime]Shingeki no Kyojin/ Attack on Titan

bakapink wrote...
Tribly wrote...
bakapink wrote...
Oh I really can't wait for this one. I fell in love with the manga. I just hope it doesn't get bogged down with censoring... (Deadman Wonderland...)

Toriko, Majin Tantei Nogami Neuro and Beelzebub were suppose to be more gritty and bloody than they are depicted in the anime. If they are going to pull that same shit again then my faith in the anime industry is lost.

I can't weigh in on those animes, because I've never seen them (planning to watch Toriko and going to start reading Beelzebub again soon, Majin Tantei Nogami Neuro looks interesting too), but this story (for the sake of those reading) relies heavily on the atmosphere. The sheer brutality portrayed created the environment and tone of the series. Censoring it will really undermine the story. I want to see the sheer emptiness (futility of) and horror evoked by the manga in the anime adaption. I have really high expectations.

As long as there's bodies being torn apart in great detail. I don't ask for much...
Tribly wrote...
bakapink wrote...
Tribly wrote...
bakapink wrote...
Oh I really can't wait for this one. I fell in love with the manga. I just hope it doesn't get bogged down with censoring... (Deadman Wonderland...)

Toriko, Majin Tantei Nogami Neuro and Beelzebub were suppose to be more gritty and bloody than they are depicted in the anime. If they are going to pull that same shit again then my faith in the anime industry is lost.

I can't weigh in on those animes, because I've never seen them (planning to watch Toriko and going to start reading Beelzebub again soon, Majin Tantei Nogami Neuro looks interesting too), but this story (for the sake of those reading) relies heavily on the atmosphere. The sheer brutality portrayed created the environment and tone of the series. Censoring it will really undermine the story. I want to see the sheer emptiness (futility of) and horror evoked by the manga in the anime adaption. I have really high expectations.

As long as there's bodies being torn apart in great detail. I don't ask for much...

Exactly, the anime "needs" that, is what I'm trying to say. XD

New trailer. Episode 1 will air on 4/8/2013.
Jonoe wrote...

New trailer. Episode 1 will air on 4/8/2013.

This trailer gives out the same chills as the first trailer. I can't wait for Sat. It's gonna be fantasmic.
This anime shows that what would be look like if God of War has an anime??? THIS ANIME PROVES IT!!!
AND I CAN'T WAIT!!! FUCK YEAH!!! April 8??? MY BODY IS READY!!!
This looks good, ill pick it up when it airs, I need to watch something with action.
Can't say I'm not excited. Surprised to see Kaji Yuki(Ouma Shu of Guilty Crown, and Haruyuki Arita of Accel World) doing Eren. Going from the whiniest and spineless of characters to a character of such hardened resolve. I really love his voice though, so it'll be a great change in pace.
Cyndas wrote...
Can't say I'm not excited. Surprised to see Kaji Yuki(Ouma Shu of Guilty Crown, and Haruyuki Arita of Accel World) doing Eren. Going from the whiniest and spineless of characters to a character of such hardened resolve. I really love his voice though, so it'll be a great change in pace.

Oh god why. Of all the people they could have picked why him. Watching accel world was painful.
SavageBJ wrote...

Oh god why. Of all the people they could have picked why him. Watching accel world was painful.

I've never heard many voices done by Kaji Yuki, but I've heard Guilty Crown and Accel World and that was enough for me. His voice is nice, I really like it, when I watched Guilty Crown and Accel World, I didn't think of the voice acting done by the person, I thought of the character he was portraying and he did it well.

Every waking moment I saw Haruyuki Arita mope, whine and complain and become flustered with every little action made me feel this character is so pathetic it gives me headaches. In Guilty Crown, at many times I felt like Ouma Shu was the same way, but he tried to make a difference given his power, and when he failed to show his authority as a leader-figure at first and lost everything soon after, the drastic character change in tone and his voice gave me chills.

I think he's a fine Seiyuu candidate for this character. In a way, Ouma Shu and Yaeger Eren are very similar.
Cyndas wrote...

I've never heard many voices done by Kaji Yuki, but I've heard Guilty Crown and Accel World and that was enough for me. His voice is nice, I really like it, when I watched Guilty Crown and Accel World, I didn't think of the voice acting done by the person, I thought of the character he was portraying and he did it well.

Every waking moment I saw Haruyuki Arita mope, whine and complain and become flustered with every little action made me feel this character is so pathetic it gives me headaches. In Guilty Crown, at many times I felt like Ouma Shu was the same way, but he tried to make a difference given his power, and when he failed to show his authority as a leader-figure at first and lost everything soon after, the drastic character change in tone and his voice gave me chills.

I think he's a fine Seiyuu candidate for this character. In a way, Ouma Shu and Yaeger Eren are very similar.

I meant painful in an annoying way. Creating characters that are hard to sympathize with is never a good thing which is where accel world and gc fell short (minus the bad writing).
Started reading the manga the other day. This is going to be good.
Streaming right now
cc0721cc

Spoilers up ahead
Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://i3.minus.com/jHttYvtjD6FfO.jpg
Forum Image: http://i3.minus.com/jBvAH2XEvWTbD.jpg
Forum Image: http://i2.minus.com/jxZNqIXSeSwYq.jpg
Forum Image: http://i1.minus.com/j8eUJFlhWXbUd.jpg
Forum Image: http://i5.minus.com/j50EzG9ibQAz.jpg
It's out??? HOLY SHIT!!!
Episode 1.
Goddamn it, why must it always be Yuuki Kaji? His voice grates my nerves every time he speaks. And he's got plenty of chance to do his "Passionate Yelling Guy" shtick. Ugh. Kind of sapped a little enjoyment out of the show right there. Also,
Spoiler:
for someone who claimed her legs were crushed, she was kicking them pretty well before she got munched.
Spoiler:
Shit, that was a good first episode. The art style and music for this show is really good.
Episode 1:
Spoiler:
WOW. I can tell that this anime is going to be a great psychological anime. The first episode just made me want to scream "holy shit." Especially at the end, where his mother gets eaten and it shows the face of that Titan (pretty scary).
This is the only other show besides F/Z that turned on my fangasm mode.

Just everything about it was spectacular. The art, music, animation was simply gorgeous beyond ordinary. I look forward to next week with the same anticipation.
Finished ep 1 just now. I'm definitely going to watch the rest.
Episode 1 left me with high hopes, this looks really good.
fucking intense. also quit crying about MC's voice, it sounds just fine.