How do you handle anime/manga adaptations?

How do you handle anime/manga adaptations?

Total Votes : 2,914
It just depends, i started watching anime, then i looked for manga when i thought the history was not right.

After that i have been more interested on reading manga than watching anime.
I dont usually read the manga.
Depends, but usually I'll watch the anime then read the manga, this was the case with Gantz and Berserk. I caught up to current chapters in a matter of days. ^^; Next up on my reading list is One Piece!
I read the manga usually after watching the anime itself.
and that usually happens when the anime just entered a very cliff hanging episode, then i will read the manga to know what happens next.
I only read the manta when its different from the anime
Mixed, some mangas I've read & then watched cause it has then followed an anime adaption & other animes I've watched & then read the manga instead of waiting for the next season.
WitnessX Starship Captain
It depends. For Love Hina, I watched the anime first (having discovered it through pictures via searches), then read a friends copy of the manga later on. Right now, it seems to be watch anime first, read manga later (if it exists).
I dont read much Manga these days so I just watch the Anime! (Thus no annoyance with the Anime not being faithful to the Manga ETC)
Book is usually the original, so I always read the watch be it manga to anime, book to movie, or comic to tv show.
I'll normally read the manga first. The exception is for LN or VN. Watched the F/SN anime before the VN and I prefer the VN more. I normally prefer the original to anime or manga (if there are ones)adaptions.
I watch the Anime First before reading the manga because i I want to see if the characters are cooler/much beatiful than the manga itself xD
It actually depend on what it about. sometime, the manga is better than the anime or the other way around.

Example: Full Metal Alchimets anime and manga. the anime got borked while the manga continued.

then there is Eureka 7, which the manga is weirded me out and i didn't know how that is the presetting for the Eureka AO

Then, there are some where the anime follow the manga, but they do fillers when the anime goes far ahead of the manga and wait for the manga to catch up
I voted for #4.......read the manga, don't watch the anime........but it's not entirely true. It's true that anymore I read far more manga than watch anime, but it's really a case by case thing.

Right now I'm watching Soul Eater......never read that particular manga, just happened to get interested in the anime since it's running on Cartoon Network. Now in comparison, I only recently watched the first season of High School D X D.......it's been out a long time but I was never interested since I preferred to stick with the manga. Now though, since it looks like season 2 will go past the story line in the current manga scanlations.........yeah, gonna watch it when it starts.
It's kind of like Harry Potter to me, the book was alright till I saw the movie.
Manga after Anime ~
anime first then manga that if it has.

but sometimes i only see manga cause there's no anime of that manga.
I don't really know why, but enjoy much more watching the anime rather than reading manga, so usually i don't read them...
I personally like to read more than watch, So most of the time I will read the manga and never watch the anime.
depends, i guess
on when i discovered it first as a manga or anime
however usually i find the anime interesting, and then read the manga
sometimes the manga i read gets to be animated, then i watch the anime
I like to watch and them read to see how different they are