[Anime] Strike the Blood

Pages 12Next
Wait...there's no thread about this? That's a surprise.

http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=18277
Ep.1 torrent (Horrible Subs)

Synopsis
The Fourth Primogenitor—That's the world's strongest vampire that should only exist in legends. Accompanied by twelve Kenjuu and spreading calamity, this phantom vampire appeared in Japan. For the observation and obliteration of this Fourth Primogenitor, the government and Lion King decided to dispatch an attack mage known as a Sword Shaman. However, for some reason, the one chosen for the observation was a apprentice Sword Shaman girl, Himegari Yukina. Wielding the strongest anti-primogenitor spirit spear, Yukina arrived at Demon District, Itogami City. What is the true identity of the Fourth Primogenitor, Akatsuki Kojou, she encountered over there!?

A comment on nyaa said "the best anime of the season has arrived." It's at a different pace than Kill La Kill, but I think that it has the chance to stand on its own against KLK. The ED is also pretty good. This anime reminds me a bit of Toaru no Majutsu Index. I'm definitely looking forward to next weeks airing, especially to compare it to Kill La Kill.

Ep. 1
Spoiler:

Pretty good start for a pilot episode. I really like Yukina's panties. It's nice that the fan-service is minimal. This looks to be a very promising series.
Episode one was actually pretty good.
YEP I thoroughly enjoyed this one this most out of the new animes that have aired thus far.. Funny characters, BITCHING lance!
Good first episode. Intriguing story, good character designs. Don't get why people are comparing it to Kill la kill though.
niell wrote...
Good first episode. Intriguing story, good character designs. Don't get why people are comparing it to Kill la kill though.

It seems more like the Index series rather than KLK. I don't see it either. A city practically built for superbeings, more particularly.

I enjoyed the elements introduced and am interested in the MC. I'll keep watching this.
Am I the only one who felt StB eps 1 wasn't that "BANG!"?
Gravity cat the adequately amused
I'll give it a watch but I don't know why you're comparing it to Kill la Kill, the two series are completely unrelated to each other. Is it because of the fight scenes?
Iamnotchrishansen wrote...
niell wrote...

It seems more like the Index series rather than KLK.

That was my initial thought too, actually.
Ep. 3
Spoiler:
I didn't expect him to be cut in half and decapitated(?). I hope it doesn't become a trend for the MC to be killed early on only for them to have a powerful come back.

I'm looking forward to episode four.
Foreground Eclipse wrote...
Ep. 3
Spoiler:
I didn't expect him to be cut in half and decapitated(?). I hope it doesn't become a trend for the MC to be killed early on only for them to have a powerful come back.

The ending of episode was indeed a cliffhannger.
But since he is now the Fourth Progenitor and all I doubt that this is what it takes to take him down....
Foreground Eclipse wrote...
Ep. 3
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
A disturbing trend, indeed. But in Kojo's case, he'll need that to controls his familiars... or as an excuse to suck Yukina's blood... (neck bite, yay~)
Spoiler:
Dat head. Wasn't expecting him to lose his head. I was hoping he would lose control over his power from blood loss as a survival instinct

Spoiler:
Kojou's right hand has ridiculous power. And he has 12 total familiars I think. And of course he can't be killed by regular means. And he unwittingly is getting a harem despite only having eyes (and fangs) for Yukina. Hopefully when the BD comes out we can see more of the biting/blood.

If I was comparing this to Index, Kojou is like Touma with luck and offensive power. This series doesn't get into the details of magic like Index does so its just "powerful spell A" defeats "powerful spell B".

Now that the first arc is completed I can say the rest of the season will be interesting to watch. I'm not a fan of Yukina though, shes too generic right now.

Spoiler:
Episode 4 was pretty good, and the anime has caught up on the English translations of the manga, huge forward step for the plot and romance, and the fight scenes were actually good.

This series gives me my weekly dose of romance-action packed anime.
Spoiler:
that laughing face
Forum Image: http://101.imagebam.com/download/uCGupF18BxKsY43KuEOC1g/28414/284138122/strike.jpg
something just seems so off about it.

Spoiler:
Asagi is best girl. Too bad she tripped a few death flags in Ep 6.
niell wrote...
Spoiler:
Asagi is best girl. Too bad she tripped a few death flags in Ep 6.

Agreed.

Ep.6
Spoiler:
Good episode. I'm really hoping Asagi doesn't get killed off. My bet is that she'll be seriously injured or something as she's doing her computer stuff in the heat of the moment, and then Kojou comes to the rescue, but she'll "die" in his arms. Then we'll find out she only fainted from blood loss or shock or something of the like.

I'm also hoping that Kirisaka Sayaka will be yandere.

I also noticed that the same band who did the HOTD opening,Kishida Kyoudan & The Akeboshi Rockets, is doing the opening for this anime as well, which explains the similar song style and the paint splatter effects as well.
yes

episode 6 wasn't bad... I'm really getting sick of the dense protagonist cliche though.
Spoiler:
I mean, Asagi clearly wants the D. This was a pretty obvious indicator of that.
Forum Image: http://i.minus.com/jX4XDrfQc76US.jpg
definitely one of the better shows of this season, hope there will be a second season, as the novels are up to like 6 books
Now there's a bitch who can kiss. Finally, some heroine with some courage!
Spoiler:
12 Familiars... Does that mean kojou need to bites 10 more girls?? Talk about a way to add your harem... >.>
Pages 12Next