So what happens to rwby now that monty is gone

guammastermind671 Da RL Lurker at FAKKU
Just read the news today, monty oum passed away due to a freak accident. What do you think will happen to the series rwby he created? I'm hoping it doesn't end cause rwby is freaking awesome and it would blow if it ended cause he's gone.
who and the what ? sorry
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
creapsmantic wrote...
who and the what ? sorry

The guy who does the Rwby web anime series died from a medical issue.
oh .... :( ......
Tsamari C.E.O of Pancakes
Here's what a can see happening.

RWBY was Monty's, It well always be Monty's, but I don't think it's going to be gone for long. After sometime I think the guys over at RT will get a new animator at someone point then they will go back to RWBY when they have the new animator.

I also believe that RvB(Red vs Blue) will also be on hold for sometime because Monty also was the animator for the amazing fights in it.

RWBY will come back, but it will never be the same.
Holoofyoistu The Messenger
my guess would be that they skip a season, find a new CD, and get back into it. i hope.
they better. i need material for my FF
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
They said in the podcast that they would try and keep the series going.

I wonder if they'll be able to find someone to put in the usual Monty flair though, that'll be tough to do.
Especially when he was the one behind the choreography and everything action.
DatYuriThough Goddess of Nature
Monty had said that he and Miles had already planned out the entire series on a couple of podcasts, and there is no question that Rooster Teeth will see that out. That's what Monty would have wanted them to do. The only question is whether or not they can get someone as talented in animating like he was for the action sequences. It'll be difficult but RT are a popular company who can attract that kind of person in theory. It'll take time to find that person, get them integrated into the requirements for RWBY and such but given 12-18 months I'd imagine that RWBY will be back.
HimariNaruse Bandit of Cake
DatYuriThough wrote...
Monty had said that he and Miles had already planned out the entire series on a couple of podcasts, and there is no question that Rooster Teeth will see that out. That's what Monty would have wanted them to do. The only question is whether or not they can get someone as talented in animating like he was for the action sequences. It'll be difficult but RT are a popular company who can attract that kind of person in theory. It'll take time to find that person, get them integrated into the requirements for RWBY and such but given 12-18 months I'd imagine that RWBY will be back.

That's reassuring to hear. I'd be a little upset if RWBY wasn't coming back at all after what happened but I'm glad that they're, hopefully, going to continue to see it through to the end.