Hello All!

Pages 12Next
My name is Ryan and I live in Wisconsin, US. I have been reading H-Manga and Doujins for a long time now and after finding FAKKU after a while, it has become my primary site for reading them. I watch a decent amount of anime and keep up with what I can when I can. I am taking Japanese in College this semester and hope to one day help with translating in any capacity for Manga and Anime in general. I would love to get to know the community here, this is my first post and I look forward to the great discussions I have read on the site thus far. I will be attending ACEN this year and look forward to visiting the FAKKU booth that will be there and maybe hanging out with some people during the con. In the meantime, I look forward to meeting everybody.

Thanks for reading my post and feel free to drop a comment or reply :3
CatNinja Esquire Cat
Welcome to the community, you seem really friendly I hope to see you around. Any hobbies or interests?
CatNinja wrote...
Welcome to the community, you seem really friendly I hope to see you around. Any hobbies or interests?

Hey Cat,

As far as hobbies and interests, I am a big movie buff, I watch a good amount of random movies, mainstream, indie, classics, I'll give pretty much any movie a try. I used to play video games a lot, it's more of an on and off thing now. I have a 3DS, Xbox One/360, and PS3/2. I still actively game but I tend to be too tired to game as often as I'd like. I enjoy biking when it's warm during the spring through fall season and I swim quite often as well. I like to learn new recipes and add variety to my cooking which I like to do on occasion. I also am going to school currently, 1 year left and I will be graduating with my associate's degree in Medical Coding. I'm big into Music as well and am always seeking new artists to check out. I was big into Comics for a while but that has died down recently. I work everyday of the week so I end up usually not having a ton of time to pursue all my interests so I pretty much just posted the ones that I usually have time to do.

Thanks for the Reply,
Ryan
shades42 wrote...

As far as hobbies and interests, I am a big movie buff, I watch a good amount of random movies, mainstream, indie, classics, I'll give pretty much any movie a try.

Good man! I love film. I would be taking cinema history courses at my college if it worked into my schedule.

I used to play video games a lot, it's more of an on and off thing now. I have a 3DS, Xbox One/360, and PS3/2. I still actively game but I tend to be too tired to game as often as I'd like.

I know the feeling. I have a PS3 and a Wii. So what are some of your favorite games, supposing you do have time to play them?

I enjoy biking when it's warm during the spring through fall season and I swim quite often as well. I like to learn new recipes and add variety to my cooking which I like to do on occasion. I also am going to school currently, 1 year left and I will be graduating with my associate's degree in Medical Coding. I'm big into Music as well and am always seeking new artists to check out. I was big into Comics for a while but that has died down recently. I work everyday of the week so I end up usually not having a ton of time to pursue all my interests so I pretty much just posted the ones that I usually have time to do.

You like film.
You like games.
You're physically active.
You can cook.
You're going to be in the medical field.

Holy shit. You're some kind of renaissance man or something. If you're not popular with the ladies, that's a real damn shame.
Watashi no Doku wrote...
[quote="shades42"]

As far as hobbies and interests, I am a big movie buff, I watch a good amount of random movies, mainstream, indie, classics, I'll give pretty much any movie a try.

Good man! I love film. I would be taking cinema history courses at my college if it worked into my schedule.

Nice! Any particular period you want to look into or is a general cinema history course?
I'm partial the the 50/60/80's eras of film.

I know the feeling. I have a PS3 and a Wii. So what are some of your favorite games, supposing you do have time to play them?

I typically play shooters, RPG's, Adventure/Platforming, and puzzle games. I really enjoy a good RPG but I don't have as much time to commit to them anymore. I look forward to grabbing Dragon Age: Inquisition in the near future. I am currently playing Wolfenstein: The New Order, Sunset Overdrive, Sniper Elite 3, Halo: Master Chief Collection, and a few other games on my Xbox One. I am finally getting around to Ni No Kuni and Beyond: Two Souls on my PS3, and Co-Oping Destiny and Gears of War: Judgement on my 360. As far as my favorite games go, Bioshock is my favorite game of all time, right behind The Legend of Zelda Series and Devil May Cry Series, in addition to multiple other games.

You like film.
You like games.
You're physically active.
You can cook.
You're going to be in the medical field.

Holy shit. You're some kind of renaissance man or something. If you're not popular with the ladies, that's a real damn shame.

Thanks for the compliments *blush* I'm not as much of a renaissance man as I'd like to be. HAHAHA. As far as being popular with the ladies, I'm not so much, I get along with all my female friends fine but I'm not confident enough to get out of the friend zone :/ Not like I have time for a relationship anyway, I barely have leisure time as is XD
shades42 wrote...

Nice! Any particular period you want to look into or is a general cinema history course?
I'm partial the the 50/60/80's eras of film.

General, I suppose. I took a film study course back in high school. We watched things like Charlie Chaplin, It Happened One Night, Some Like It Hot, The Wizard of Oz, The Godfather, etc. I don't mind black-and-white films, but I never really caught on to silent films. A lot of my favorite films are from the 80s-90s, though.

I typically play shooters, RPG's, Adventure/Platforming, and puzzle games. I really enjoy a good RPG but I don't have as much time to commit to them anymore. I look forward to grabbing Dragon Age: Inquisition in the near future. I am currently playing Wolfenstein: The New Order, Sunset Overdrive, Sniper Elite 3, Halo: Master Chief Collection, and a few other games on my Xbox One. I am finally getting around to Ni No Kuni and Beyond: Two Souls on my PS3, and Co-Oping Destiny and Gears of War: Judgement on my 360. As far as my favorite games go, Bioshock is my favorite game of all time, right behind The Legend of Zelda Series and Devil May Cry Series, in addition to multiple other games.

I'm partial to RPGs. I don't play them too often though, because they're time-consuming (plus I'm a completionist) and they're often too same-y. Everybody always praises Bioshock... Maybe I should get around to playing it. Zelda is a pretty solid series (if a bit same-y). My favorite is probably Majora's Mask, since there hasn't ever really been anything like it. I was hoping to get into the Devil May Cry series within the next month or two. Metal Gear Rising has gotten me into fast-paced over-the-top action games.

Thanks for the compliments *blush* I'm not as much of a renaissance man as I'd like to be. HAHAHA. As far as being popular with the ladies, I'm not so much, I get along with all my female friends fine but I'm not confident enough to get out of the friend zone :/ Not like I have time for a relationship anyway, I barely have leisure time as is XD

We all have things we can improve on, but you sound like you're doing pretty well for yourself. You're a very well-rounded individual. As for me, I'm still trying to get the hang of interacting with girls--friends or no xD At least they feel comfortable around you.
You sound like all the things I wish I had lol. I'm jealous, Welcome to fakku t
Watashi no Doku wrote...

General, I suppose. I took a film study course back in high school. We watched things like Charlie Chaplin, It Happened One Night, Some Like It Hot, The Wizard of Oz, The Godfather, etc. I don't mind black-and-white films, but I never really caught on to silent films. A lot of my favorite films are from the 80s-90s, though.

Nice! I've always wanted to take a film study course, as far as I know my college doesn't offer one.

We all have things we can improve on, but you sound like you're doing pretty well for yourself. You're a very well-rounded individual. As for me, I'm still trying to get the hang of interacting with girls--friends or no xD At least they feel comfortable around you.[/quote]

Thanks again for the compliment. I think once you start interacting with woman, things will get easier. Some times it's that initial few interactions that seems scary but we are all the same, all human, gender only really affects what gender roles we get assigned. I know plenty of masculine woman and effeminate guys. The thing is not getting flustered by the fact that they are different from you.
Joshnickle wrote...

Hahahaha, thanks Josh. Sometimes you just got to buckle down and go after the things you want. All the things I have are attainable if put in the time and effort and work hard for it! I believe in you, you can do it!
shades42 wrote...
Joshnickle wrote...

Hahahaha, thanks Josh. Sometimes you just got to buckle down and go after the things you want. All the things I have are attainable if put in the time and effort and work hard for it! I believe in you, you can do it!

I suppose so but I feel like I always need a plan for this and that, though its frustrating.
ChatmanJay <3 Monster Girls
Hello and welcome to the community~! I'm pretty new here myself, hope you enjoy the community side of the site!
Welcome, Ryan.
ChatmanJay wrote...
Hello and welcome to the community~! I'm pretty new here myself, hope you enjoy the community side of the site!

Welcome to you as well Jay! Thanks for the comment! Looking forward to meeting and enjoying the community as well!
Grantham wrote...
Welcome, Ryan.

Thanks Grantham! Appreciate the sentiment :3
Howdy I'm new too. If anyone asks you if you prefer caves or tunnels, the correct answer is no thank you.
AOR POWERFUCKER wrote...
Howdy I'm new too. If anyone asks you if you prefer caves or tunnels, the correct answer is no thank you.

Duly Noted. Thanks AOR XD Welcome to the community as well :3
Wow you sound like husbando material hahaha
Welcome :D
tokkii wrote...
Wow you sound like husbando material hahaha
Welcome :D

Hahahaha Thanks Tokkii, I am honored to that you think so :3 I've always wanted to visit Australia at some point, I think it's a fascinating and beautiful country.
Hello, and welcome to the community.

You seem like a decent kinda guy, enjoy your stay.
Chlor wrote...
Hello, and welcome to the community.

You seem like a decent kinda guy, enjoy your stay.

Hahahaha Thanks Chlor :) Also is that a Transmetropolitan Icon? If so, very nice :3
Pages 12Next