Improving the search function: Excluding tags

I love the new notifications system that was implemented not too long ago. It pulls up a ton of new hentai and doujin that I would otherwise never find scrolling through conventional means. However, I was wondering if it was possible to trim the results down a bit.

As of now, we can search by tag and find anything that presides in it. I was wondering if it's possible to add another function on top of that, that would allow users to not return any results that included other tags.

For example, searching for Oppai, returning all results EXCEPT those tagged incest.
Or searching for Monstergirl, returning all results EXCEPT those tagged Futanari.

This would be easier implemented on a system that allowed searched by multiple tags at once, though with a catalog this big it would probably be a strain.

Anyways, this is just a suggestion. Keep up the good work!
Bunny5390 The Defenestrator!
I believe Jacob's planning to eventually code a multitag search thingie, but in the meantime you can just use standard search modifiers like "+" "-" etc.

For example, to search for hentai tagged both monster girl and oppai, but without tentacle, you would search:
  • monster girl +oppai -tentacle

Also, I'm not sure if you actually need the "+"s, you might be fine just using spaces. Make sure that the "-" directly connects with the search term though, for example "-socks" and not "- socks"
waterflame FAKKUDL.NET
george4 wrote...
I believe Jacob's planning to eventually code a multitag search thingie, but in the meantime you can just use standard search modifiers like "+" "-" etc.

For example, to search for hentai tagged both monster girl and oppai, but without tentacle, you would search:
  • monster girl +oppai -tentacle

Also, I'm not sure if you actually need the "+"s, you might be fine just using spaces. Make sure that the "-" directly connects with the search term though, for example "-socks" and not "- socks"

That is correct and it is already / was a thing :3!
Gravity cat the adequately amused
forthe80085 wrote...
As of now, we can search by tag and find anything that presides in it. I was wondering if it's possible to add another function on top of that, that would allow users to not return any results that included other tags.

Already exists.

For example, searching for Oppai, returning all results EXCEPT those tagged incest

Your search term would be "Oppai -incest"

Or searching for Monstergirl, returning all results EXCEPT those tagged Futanari.

Your search term would be "Monstergirl -futanari"
Awesome! I wasn't aware it existed, but that's a pleasant surprise! Thanks to all for the feedback.
Jacob needs to make it more apparent.
Gravity cat the adequately amused
Ryssen wrote...

I'll say.
Ryssen wrote...

Including making more apparent the browsing using WASD (and comment/forum available tags and so, that has a topic now, but it's easy to miss now it isn't highlighted anymore).
The addition of "-[tag]" was the greatest update the site has ever had.