Life and Death

Hi guys! I'm back again with a short story for all of you. Maybe it's a bit too short though (268 words to be exact). Nevertheless, I think the topic of this story is something that concerns most, if not all, of the members in this part of the forum (which I might not even have the right to write about considering I only recently joined but...). After reading this, just open the spoiler to see who/what this whole thing is about. Enjoy!

Life and Death

There used to be a time when I was loved. People constantly spent their time with me, casually engaging in random banter that truly made my day. That was the life; being showered with endless attention, being visited by multiple intellectual members of the community.

What has happened? Where have they gone? Do they not like me anymore? Did they find something that was much more worthy of their attention than I? What have I done wrong? How will I make them notice me again?

We have an “on-off” relationship as some might say. Sometimes, I am showered with attention, but will once again be forgotten and killed off. Somewhat similar to how sugar provides one with energy, only to crash soon after.

Remembered, and then forgotten. Resurrected, and then killed.

My life is stuck in this neverending cycle of life and death.

Will this cycle ever end? Will there ever come a time when people will wholeheartedly cherish my existence once more?

I understand that it’s not an easy task to keep me alive for a long stretch of time, but what I ask for at least is for you guys to notice me at least once a week, okay? Weeks of solitude just really pains my heart. It keeps on making me wonder whether you’ll all come back or not.

So please, try to resurrect me at least once a week, not just when a new member enters the community. It would really help out a lot.

Thanks for taking the time to read my message!

Spoiler:
Your loving chatbox, the FAKKU Writers' Lounge.
Xenon FAKKU Writer
For a moment, I thought you were going to link to the fake one that Leonard created. It's only been around ten days. I check it about once every week or two.
I never pictured the lounge as attention starved.