Musicians on Fakku

Pages Prev123
I've been playing bass for 4.5 years, guitar for 2. And have been recently getting into circuit bending and synths.
I have been playing guitar for close to 8 years now. I play both electric and acoustic guitar. I've been in a few metal projects, I do a lot of Lamb of God/Slayer/Pantera style guitar playing for electric.

I also play classical guitar and am looking to get into that more professionally.

I've been a guitar teacher for a few years and also worked at a couple different music stores as a sales associate and adviser.

In addition to guitar I also play ukulele, piano, some bass, and vocals.
Learned to play the Classical Guitar for a year under a teacher. After that I started teach myself how to play. It's not easy but I have improved A LOT.
I have played bass for about 3 years now, I am in a death metal band, and the reason I started playing bass was because we were some dudes that wanted to make a band and well, I ended up on bass. I like playing bass though, as I chose that myself (before that I was a huge fan of Marco from Tarot (he is the bassist), he is one epic dude). We just play for fun and the band name translated to English would be: Fire and Shit. Yes, we do not take ourselves very seriously.
For me, it started when I was about 13. That's when I picked up guitar. For it to make sense, I have to give a bit of backstory to tell you how I got where I was when I was 13. Without going into details, I was forced to leave my home and my auntie and uncle when I was 10. They were the people whom I had grown up with and love. But I was forced to leave Australia and come to America. My mother is a cold and somewhat uncaring woman who clearly resents me. Even before the move, I had always had a bit of a hard time getting along with others. But coming here, surrounded by strangers who only saw me as a "weird kid with a funny accent", needless to say I never made friends. Within the next 3 years, I began to learn about my mental and physical health issues.
So by the time I was 13 I had become bitter, lonely, depressed and suicidal. It got to the point I was less than a month from finally killing myself, and I heard a song I hadn't ever heard before. It was 'It's a Long Way to the Top if You Wanna Rock n Roll'. Something about it, it just... Spoke to me. I don't know how to describe it. But it made me curious about the band, AC/DC. I had heard them in passing before, but never paid close attention. But now I was listening. So I kept listening. And listening. And it sort of stirred something in me. Kind of like sparked a fire in me. I wanted to play music like that, rock n roll. You could say they gave me a reason to live. So I worked hard and bought a Gibson SG and practiced for hours a day trying to capture that feel. And since then, I know what I want to do. I want to mak that kind of music, maybe even affect someone like how they affected me.

Heh.. Sounds like I'm preaching AC/DC like they're some kind of gospel. In a way, they kind of are to me. Give me something to look up to, a reason to keep fighting.
Finished a music school years ago with guitar and piano being the main instruments. Haven't played professionally for a while, but play for fun sometimes.
https://soundcloud.com/enagemegane-zettairyouiki

give my stuff a listen if you'd like to
may not be your cup of tea, but the fact you'd take the time to listen would make my day.
im not a professional but i can play the trombone, my best song was Ukrainian bell carol lol
I used to play the violin.
i play piano
tried guitar, hated it
thinking of learning how to play the drums
and maybe bass
Holoofyoistu The Messenger
I play guitar for me, for fun (im shit)
and i also play Tuba, tombone, Mellophone, and Euphonium.
I too play tuba, trombone, saxophone. It all started in high school.
Well, I started on Sax in high school. Now I play more keys because reeds are annoying. And I do electronic stuff.

I have a soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/breakfastiscoffee

I put music down a while but then I discovered a truly outrageous 80's cartoon series called Jem and the Holograms which is sort of a musical cartoon. It's pretty awesome and got me back into playing. And made me buy a keytar.
A couple of years ago when i was in late highschool, i tried music and played bass (which i had little to no idea how to play) and after almost failing and suffering through my teachers feedback, i was inspired to prove her wrong and so for the past 4 years i've taken lessons for bass and played gigs, battle of the bands etc.

I did prove her wrong in my final year of highschool, smashed out a B+ performance.

ever since then i've been playing casually and me and a couple of my friends started a band just to hang out and play tunes.
Pages Prev123