Long distance advice?

For the past 6 months I've been in a relationship with this wonderful girl from New Zealand, I live in America and although we live so far away from each other everything is going great! We're both doing well life and career wise and we're both very happy with our relationship! We've even been saving up money to go visit each other. Now my question is, I honestly have no idea if meeting eachother in person would be fantastic or EXTREMELY awkward! Since we've been together for so long but have never met each other I'm worried that I'll just be awkward or weird when we meet. So, does anyone have advice for me on the matter? Or does anyone else have a similar situation they could share?
Thanks in advance.
623 FAKKU QA
https://www.fakku.net/forums/love-romance-and-relationships/online-relationships-104075

Here's the thread on long distance relationships--could be useful, dunno.
623 wrote...
https://www.fakku.net/forums/love-romance-and-relationships/online-relationships-104075

Thanks!
artcellrox The Grey Knight :y
Yes. It's going to be awkward at first. Maybe even for a while. It's awkward enough as it is when two people interested in dating meet up for the first time. Hell, it's awkward for a lot of people to even make friends.

Should that be a problem? Not really. Unless you make it one. If you two can genuinely get along online, then you should be able to find stuff to do and talk about in person. Don't rush or slow down anything. Just be yourself. After all, that's the guy she fell in love with, right?

Also, if possible, bring more people along. Sometimes groups outings are less awkward.

P.S. No offense, but I'm not really sure if 6 months counts as "so long".
Misaki_Chi Fakku Nurse
Regardless of distance this is a good start towards furthering a potential relationship. It will be scary and awkward for both of you, but look forward to something different and new; something that could be wonderful for the both of you. In the end all you want to do is find love and see if this is worth making into a future for the two of you.

I'd say before you go do your research on where and what area wise. See if you can find some interesting things to suggest or see what the hotel/place you're staying at has to offer. Be a gentleman to her and respect her boundaries, especially the vibes she gives off physically. Just because you two have dated 6 months doesn't mean that either of you will be ready irl, but you never know till you meet up and feel each other out.

Do cute things like buying some candy or a cute little stuffed animal, even a written letter saying how you feel (don't get creepy though, just write it light hearted lol) can be a good start to the meet.

Hold your head up high and look at this as a life experience. No matter where it goes you are moving forward and I wish you two luck in finding happiness. Distance isn't easy for any couple and all you can do is your best.
Gravity cat the adequately amused
It will likely be awkward at first, but keep the same attitude you have online and the mood will soon soften into a more relaxed one. Maybe even bring up things you've both talked about to gain a sense of familiarity from your online chats.

Light physical contact like hugging (maybe when you first meet?) also helps.
Well it is defiantly will be awkward but the how you get over it can define the relationship. The problem is that how often can you two see each other and is 1 willing to relocate if not both to be together. After you meet once you will want that feeling again and again. With being so far apart is someone willing to take such a huge risk to be with the other? That is the main question you should answer.
Holoofyoistu The Messenger
i dont think relactionships can work without physical contact, but thats just me
623 wrote...

Thanks man! really helped.
Holoofyoistu wrote...
i dont think relactionships can work without physical contact, but thats just me

This.
It just isn't the same without being able to hold the one you love. I tried it once and it just felt a bit empty.
Holoofyoistu The Messenger
Dr Shaneman wrote...
Holoofyoistu wrote...

This.
It just isn't the same without being able to hold the one you love. I tried it once and it just felt a bit empty.

i agree, you need sex and physical affection to be happy with your partner
Gravity cat the adequately amused
Holoofyoistu wrote...
Dr Shaneman wrote...
Holoofyoistu wrote...

This.

i agree, you need sex and physical affection to be happy with your partner

Although it's rare, I've seen LDRs work out. It's down to the individuals involved.
Depends on how often you contact each other, and if you get along very well.

I got into a 3 year relationship that started online and I was in the US and she was in Hong Kong. One of the first things she did was get me on webcam. That helps a lot! Plus she started calling me up too since it was practically dirt cheap for her to call the US but expensive for me to call HK. Didn't get to meet her in person until 10 months later when I traveled to see her. Later on she went to the US to stay with me. But the relationship we had was well worth the trials and tribulations of long distance.

It can be difficult, but it depends on your personality and how much patience both of you have. It takes a LOT of patience.
Be honest with each other, tell him/her everything, don't hope it will last forever. Expect that person to cheat , which is common in long distance relationship.
Kind of an old topic but I have a little advice:

Don't go in immediately expecting it to be as if you had been dating in person the whole time. I've seen a small sampling of these situations and one of them exploded pretty violently (in part) because the guy was like "well we've been talking long enough to skip the 'so where do you work blah blah blah' steps so lets fool around" and the girl was not down for that even after like a week. Her logic was that the relationship started when they met in person and all the online stuff was preamble to vet him as a worthwhile person.

I don't get the vibe from the OP that right to sex would be the plan but I would say to have some understanding of the idea that you still have to go through some first date bs even though you've been in regular contact for months and months.