Wisdom Teeth Stories

Pages Prev12
They burned your face? Hope it heals up well. I have all 4 of mine and have no problems, the top 2 grew in with no issue since I had to get a tooth pulled a few years ago, and they told me I should get the bottom ones removed as a precaution, when they do take them out I'm going to opt for anesthetic because screw dealing with being awake for that.
Normal English text:

What the fuck is this all about

Gangsta English text:

What tha fuck is dis all about
I have a phobia of dentists so I just let mine grow in. It seems to have worked out fine.
OP: That's terrifying that they burned you!!!

I am scheduled to get my top 2 wisdom teeth out June 10th. I was told 5 years ago my teeth would need to be removed, however due to financial reasons I couldn't afford the procedure. The top two teeth have been infected for at least 2 years and are infected pretty much down to the root, the pain is absolutely unbelievable, in fact it's nearly impossible to have to wait until June BUT because I recently started a new editorial job I can't afford to take that many days off work until June. I am relying heavily on pain meds to tolerate the sharp pains.

The entire procedure is super pricey, my dental insurance allows for $1,000 a year. I am paying $400 out of pocket after that $1,000 for the top two because I will be receiving gas in addition to having to have the teeth removed piece by literal piece because of the infection.

Then, in January, I will remove the bottom two which will be the most expensive procedure because they've become super impacted in my jaw and require a specialized x-ray to avoid the surgeon from hitting the nerve. It's $400 for the x-ray which isn't covered by my insurance, then an additional $200 after the 1,000 for the procedure, so total of $600-$700.

Life Lesson: Don't want 5 years to remove wisdom teeth if the dentist tells you to remove them, they will become infected/impacted and will cost twice as much. Just get them taken the fuck out. Also, have decent insurance because these fuckers are expensive.

@____@
NEXUS Since 2010
I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out last year in early December. I was more worried of the freezing since the last time I had a cavity filled I got really nauseous. The dentist was really pro, I recall going in being scared out of my pants. I even told the dentist about my last dental procedure and he assured me it would be cool. So he jammed about 8 needles of freezing in my gums. Only a few of them were really uncomfortable, but never was I in any real intense pain. So after about an hour or so, the freezing kicked in and the dentist got to work. He yanked all 4 out in 5 minutes; all well I was saying "get out of there!" to my teeth jokingly. All of my wisdom teeth came out in one piece, and the surprising thing is, I never had any pain after the freezing wore off. I did have some issues with shit getting stuck in the empty sockets where my wisdom teeth were, but other than that it was smooth sailing.
Went to the dentist, the dentist pulled out my wisdom tooth, i came out of the dentist.

I know very cool story.
Coconutt wrote...
Went to the dentist, the dentist pulled out my wisdom tooth, i came out of the dentist.

I know very cool story.

10/10 Would read again.
Pages Prev12