PC Memory Use

Well.. this struck me as odd, the system property says there's 2gb usable memory out of 8gb. Is this normal or did I just buy an incompatible card?
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
are you running a 32-bit operating system?
Yeah. Is.. that an issue?

Edit:

Memory got fixed, problem now is that when I start DOA 5 or any other game(even my emu) it says that I don't have a video card.. :/
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
No clue about your video card problem now, but 32-bit systems limit their memory usage to 4GB of RAM(windows).
Lurker3173 wrote...

Edit:

Memory got fixed, problem now is that when I start DOA 5 or any other game(even my emu) it says that I don't have a video card.. :/

Try updating your VGA drivers.
Lurker3173 wrote...

Edit:

Mate you need to (re)install your graphics drivers. And if that doesn't work, you should start explaining what you did to get your memory problem fixed.
William wrote...
Lurker3173 wrote...

Edit:

Mate you need to (re)install your graphics drivers. And if that doesn't work, you should start explaining what you did to get your memory problem fixed.

Nothing out of the ordinary, just installed the 64-bit OS. I went like "Eureka!" when I saw the usable 7.59gb which I can't see now ever since my first restart.
Lurker3173 wrote...
William wrote...
Lurker3173 wrote...

Edit:

Nothing out of the ordinary, just installed the 64-bit OS. I went like "Eureka!" when I saw the usable 7.59gb which I can't see now ever since my first restart.

In which case, after a fresh install you're probably missing more than just your video driver. Open up your run prompt and run 'devmgmt.msc' and see what shows up in the list with a yellow triangle. Also check under the display adapters to check if your GPU shows up as 'standard vga adapter' as opposed to your actual GPU model.
Well it does show as standard VGA adapter. It disappears when I switch to my inferior card.
Lurker3173 wrote...
Well it does show as standard VGA adapter. It disappears when I switch to my inferior card.

You got lucky, not every Ethernet device is supported by Microsoft's generic drivers so you could have ended up without the ability to troubleshoot this problem. In the future, make a note of what devices are on your system before (re)installing Windows and at the very least make sure you have drivers for wireless/ethernet devices ready.

"Standard VGA Adapter" is indeed your video card, but it is using a generic driver developed by Microsoft to provide basic display functionality. Hence why it would seem the name of your video card is being misreported.

You'll need to download the latest graphics driver and control centre installation package for your video card by visiting AMD or nvidia's site.

You should also consider installing drivers for any devices that are marked with a yellow warning icon in device manager. You can find out exactly which driver you need for your devices by looking up the Device and Vendor ID's within the device properties (Right click the Device in device manager > properties) and then running a search on them through Google.
William wrote...

You should also consider installing drivers for any devices that are marked with a yellow warning icon in device manager. You can find out exactly which driver you need for your devices by looking up the Device and Vendor ID's within the device properties (Right click the Device in device manager > properties) and then running a search on them through Google.

When doing this, make sure you're grabbing the drivers for the identified devices from the manufacturer's site, as opposed to the many adware ridden driver finder sites.
Good god you guys are great. I downloaded the driver from the manufacturer's site and it got fixed. I'll just put in one of my usb and take it around with me. God knows where I'd put it if I don't. Anyways, thanks a bunch!
Taz_9000 Cafe Regular
Lurker3173 wrote...
Good god you guys are great. I downloaded the driver from the manufacturer's site and it got fixed. I'll just put in one of my usb and take it around with me. God knows where I'd put it if I don't. Anyways, thanks a bunch!

You should also go into your bios and disable your integrated graphics, then you should be able to use your full 8GB RAM instead of 7.59GB