[Locked] Favorites Backup is not coming! stop waiting!

TL;DR
Its been 2 months sense Jacob has commented about anything

The original topic he commented on has been deleted (i know, it was my topic)

Unless Jacob comments right here, right now on this topic denying what i have state himself, its true

On a side note, has anyone read the "About" lately?, i dont think fakku is still "the largest English speaking hentai community in the world."

Thanks for reading!!

P.S. i most likely gonna get a lot of down votes for this, heck this topic may be removed, but someone has to say it, top it off, i am tired of waiting for promises that wont be fulfilled by a website that claims to be number one, but went the route that made them lose it
Brittany FAKKU Production Mngr
Making claims in a title, following up with "unless Jacob comments right here, right now, it's true" isn't the best way to get your questions answered.

I'm sorry you're not completely satisfied at the moment, hopefully you'll get the answers you're looking for. But doing it in a yellow journalism format isn't the best way to go about it.
Misaki_Chi Fakku Nurse
You have quite a few grammatical errors and sentencing errors in your post, maybe revise them to help past the time? Other then that, as Brittany said sorry you aren't satisfied at the current time, but hope you come to find alternative forms of pleasure till things are worked on. Just because you were not personally given an answer doesn't mean that this still isn't a thing.
Facile dictu.

Kinda sounds like gaming announcements (Soony®).
Brittany wrote...
Making claims in a title, following up with "unless Jacob comments right here, right now, it's true" isn't the best way to get your questions answered.

It was not a question, it was a statement

There has been no official announcement, that is in development, or its progress

All ive read from every person that knows anything of it is "Its coming" thatwhich sounds more like some talking about creature that is about to orgasm EDIT: just realize that said organism

given no rough time frame, no clear answer

Just vague "its in development" or "its planned"

Honestly with how many people got upset, and probably left fakku for good

you would think this would be the first announcement, and first concern, as the community that was built, practically vanishes

but only thing that has been mentioned, has been buried in topics on a page people normally go when things are going wrong,or want to suggest something, and the only way to find it, is to search through jacob's post history

with all this lack of information, with all theses vague answers, with no rough time frame, and it being around two months with no official statement, and people slowly leaving fakku, because things are promised, but no information has been given, that easily accessible

Might as well tell people what the information given states, IT IS NOT HAPPENING, you can say i am upset all you want, but ive seen the diminished comments, the threads with no replies that ask the same questions over and over.

If you want to call this a damn community, then you need to start treating it that way, because at this rate, you will end up with only the handful that will stay, and some other site that knows what to do right, will take the top, sure you may be official, but without a community to back you, whats the point

ive seen sites forget the community, and do a lot of what your doing, and it never turned out well.

If jacob does not have the time to make a official announcement, but can go to a thread that was made to discuss the removal of unofficial content, and state to those who are reading it only, that its going to happen. Makes me wonder if it really coming or not.

All that together makes me feel that Jacob is trying to juggle saving a sinking ship, and becoming official, and honestly one is gonna be let loose, and from my perspective its letting the ship sink.
Misaki_Chi wrote...
You have quite a few grammatical errors and sentencing errors in your post, maybe revise them to help past the time? Other then that, as Brittany said sorry you aren't satisfied at the current time, but hope you come to find alternative forms of pleasure till things are worked on. Just because you were not personally given an answer doesn't mean that this still isn't a thing.

my "grammatical errors and sentencing errors" are mine and you can't have them... sorry tired

"...personally given an answer doesn't mean that this still isn't a thing."

not only have i not gotten a personal answer, no one besides those reading the "Discussion: Unlicensed Content Removal " topic have, and those answer are buried in it

want not only me, but every other person that leaving fakku because we were told that a "backup system" was being made 2 months ago, with no official statement on what happening with it, to stay? Then move that topic out of "Feedback, Suggestions, and Support" where it does not belong, and make a official announcement of this feature, else its not being developed, because nothing officially announced, has to be done, its just a empty promise
Who ever keeps down voting my replies, what is the point, do you think i care about my reputation at this point? its been 4 days sense i started this topic.

All you doing is downvoting someone who rarely come to fakku anymore, because i state that a backup system that was promised 2 months ago, that has gotten no official public announcement, is not coming, great job, thumbs up for you, believing in unofficial statements, that can easily be dropped, and left never to be done
It's coming, calm down.
1000Noodles wrote...
Who ever keeps down voting my replies, what is the point, do you think i care about my reputation at this point?

If you don't care, why make a post about not caring? Seems like somebody is caring...
Coconutt wrote...
1000Noodles wrote...
Who ever keeps down voting my replies, what is the point, do you think i care about my reputation at this point?

If you don't care, why make a post about not caring? Seems like somebody is caring...

i put that post because i was getting annoyed when ever i got a down vote, i would get a notification, literally all i cared about, sense i was tired when i made the post, i did not think to check to see if i could turn it off, which i have

Jacob wrote...
It's coming, calm down.

Then please make some sort of post that has only the information about the backup system on it, that can easily be found. More so if you don't have a time frame for its completion.

For the main reason i got angry, is how the Backup system, is related to the content removal, but is a completely new feature. That was announced to people getting upset two months ago. While i waited i would check the forums, looking for topic names that looked like they were announcing, or discussing it. Never found one. Then i found a topic, that was asking the same thing i had been, but they waited a month before actually asking, then waited a month for a answer, with no answer. Finally posting again amazed they got no answer. I gave them the best answer i could, before getting ticked off and making this topic and emailing Jacob. Right after i made this topic, and calmed down, i decided to search Jacob's posts for any information, and behold i found it, but it was buried in a topic, that has the name and topic summary of "Discussion: Unlicensed Content Removal --- We will continue supporting scanlators in every way possible. I believe that when a legal alternative do...". This pissed me off, that the entire two months i had been waiting for information on it, i found it on a discussion thread in the "Feedback, Suggestions, and Support" forum, that is not Stickied, has no indication that the information is within, and the information was in bits and pieces around the topic, that which you had to read most of the topic to find out, or understand it. Then if someone asked about, they would get no reply, or a smart ass reply that did not help them at all.

So sorry if i am a little upset, because i was content with my answer i got 2 Months ago, and felt no need to discuss or check a discussion about the Unlicensed Content Removal.
Misaki_Chi Fakku Nurse
1000Noodles wrote...
i put that post because i was getting annoyed when ever i got a down vote, i would get a notification, literally all i cared about, sense i was tired when i made the post, i did not think to check to see if i could turn it off, which i have.

1000Noodles wrote...
Then please make some sort of post that has only the information about the backup system on it, that can easily be found. More so if you don't have a time frame for its completion.

For the main reason i got angry, is how the Backup system, is related to the content removal, but is a completely new feature. That was announced to people getting upset two months ago. While i waited i would check the forums, looking for topic names that looked like they were announcing, or discussing it. Never found one. Then i found a topic, that was asking the same thing i had been, but they waited a month before actually asking, then waited a month for a answer, with no answer. Finally posting again amazed they got no answer. I gave them the best answer i could, before getting ticked off and making this topic and emailing Jacob. Right after i made this topic, and calmed down, i decided to search Jacob's posts for any information, and behold i found it, but it was buried in a topic, that has the name and topic summary of "Discussion: Unlicensed Content Removal --- We will continue supporting scanlators in every way possible. I believe that when a legal alternative do...". This pissed me off, that the entire two months i had been waiting for information on it, i found it on a discussion thread in the "Feedback, Suggestions, and Support" forum, that is not Stickied, has no indication that the information is within, and the information was in bits and pieces around the topic, that which you had to read most of the topic to find out, or understand it. Then if someone asked about, they would get no reply, or a smart ass reply that did not help them at all.

So sorry if i am a little upset, because i was content with my answer i got 2 Months ago, and felt no need to discuss or check a discussion about the Unlicensed Content Removal.

There's a way to go about asking for answers and things such as making an OP title stating > "Favorites Backup is not coming! stop waiting!" and a I may quote

1000Noodles wrote...
took me causing a huge mess, and getting angry for me to find it out

is not the best way to get answers to questions. Yes people down-vote and have nasty responses to things that are questioned on here, but it's a public forum so it's common to have that happen. If a question is asked in a rational and calm manner it will most likely get answered and if it doesn't that doesn't mean that you've been ignored or that it isn't in the works. It just means that no significant information is available at this time to fully answer your question.
I can assure you (since I coded it) it's coming.

The suggestion was brought up to us by a user at one of our panels at Anime Expo. They brought it up as an suggestion for being able to have a list of your favorites so you can remember "what that one thing I fapped to was", for once the unlicensed content is removed.
Drifter995 Neko//Night
It's hardly buried in the 'unlicensed content removal' thread. He says it on a bi-weekly basis, nearly.

for future reference, a few things might help you get your answer:
a) Ask a question, don't make a misleading statement, and bait them into answering. That only pisses people off
b) Actually search before you make a topic about something. 99% of the time, a simple search will have the answer you're looking for. If it isn't on the first or second apge, blamo. Make a thread about it.
c) Don't fly off the rails and make assumptions about everything without basis or reason, it just digs you a hole, and lessens opinions of you, which lessens the quality of reply you get, which in turn makes you angrier, and then will not help you out.

With those three things sorted, you're ready.

Tl;dr: It's confirmed, as said. He (and the coders) post in the unlicensed content removal thread all the time stating it is coming/ confirmed. There is a lot on their plate right now. And, despite popular belief, coding takes quite a bit of time. This whole move/ change is coding related, and also relying on new contracts for content, so the transition is smoother than suddenly no content, then a few weeks later, content.

Tl;dr of the tl;dr: What they all said