Best Wines

This year while living in Canada i have learned a new, ummm, aspect of human life, the pleasure and glory of fine wines. I would like to ask you guys to recommend me some good red & white wines.

Do you drink wines at all?
Do you drink specific wine for specific food, for specific time, and for specific purpose?

I have so far mostly used white wines for cooking and been drinking alot of red wines. In a time scale i could say that i drink a glass a day, and one bottle a week.
SneeakyAsian CTFG Vanguard
[color=#993300]As a connoisseur of foods, I would actually steer away from drinking too much wine, you might get so used to wine that you might not be able to tell the differences between two red wines.
Funny though, since you mentioned that you are in Canada, I recommend Canadian Ice Wines. They make very good dessert wines, especially because of their increased sugar content and somewhat thicker consistency depending on where you get it. They are actually very good to make toppings for things like ice cream as well.
However, I rarely drink, at most, I'll take 3 sips of wine and tell you if I like it or not. Even if I like it, that's it. However, I do like wines that are very aromatic or subtlely aromatic. I'm never the kind to go in the middle.
Try Ice Wineeeee
I'm very new to figuring out the flavors of wines too. I've always cooked with different wines, but still trying to balance out the different flavors. I can tell the scents pretty good now, but still having a hard time with the taste and flavor (really weird since smell and taste are so bound together...).

So far all I've learned is the younger the wine is, you'd better "open" it first, and also that you've got to look at the locality it was made, the vitality of the grapes that were harvested from that area and its growth season of that year.

Not just color, but dry wines, wet, sweet, etc for food pairings and drinking to savor the flavor.
All my wine comes from a box. >_<.
Holoofyoistu The Messenger
im partial to reds, but i dont buy them often, cause im dirt poor and wine that is good is pricy, but i am partial to Gollti, which is about 30 a bottle and very good
I do drink wine every now and then but I don't go looking at labels or anything because they can get quite expensive. I usually stick to white and not too sweet. Goes better with food that way.
Rose is nice too. A lot of people overlook it but it's not that much different than white.
Just stay away from anything that says "fruity" on the label because some of those can be a bit sickly.
As Sneaky mention Canadian Ice wines are pretty good kinda sweet for my taste but good none the less.

I also like Royal Red its kinda sweet too but its pretty good Red wine imo.