[Locked] FAKKU Subscription Questions

Renauld wrote...
Jacob wrote...
Last week we officially launched the FAKKU subscription...Since launch we've released over 90 chapters

Putting aside the fact that the https://www.fakku.net/chapters link is broken, though it still can be navigated by typing in /page/2 or whichever number is desired, I most certainly do not see 90 chapters, let alone over 90. I see exactly 80.

Thanks for pointing out the broken pagination, I just fixed it. It was incorrectly counting over 90 releases (and still is). I'll hopefully get it 100% fixed by the end of tonight. In the meantime I have updated my front page post.

EDIT: Fixed.
huge_pixels Flatchest or bust!
Tsujoi wrote...
huge_pixels wrote...
Tsujoi wrote...
MEEUW wrote...
Jacob wrote...
Ciloh wrote...
Hello! Will more methods of payment (e.g Paypal) be made available in the future?

Yes we plan to add PayPal in the future, we are also looking at paysafe because we've had a few requests from beta testers. Apparently it's big in Europe?

Any estimated date on Paypal specifically? The chapters look awesome and Id love to have a look into them

It won't be an option right away. At the very least it's months away.
:,(
Same for PaysafeCard?

I'm not sure on the time frame for a PaysafeCard option.
Oh, well. Wirecard it has to be for now. Thanks for the response.
sadmir Moe Connoisseur
Renauld wrote...
snip

You counted Summer Play twice
The main question Im not seeing though, is HOW MUCH IS THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE COST?! I'd be willin to drop some cash for a good deal of fap worthy content. But I wanna know how much my crad is gonna get charged beforehand ya know?
waterflame FAKKUDL.NET
henmantai wrote...
The main question Im not seeing though, is HOW MUCH IS THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE COST?! I'd be willin to drop some cash for a good deal of fap worthy content. But I wanna know how much my crad is gonna get charged beforehand ya know?

Hello Henmantai~! Very cute avatar~! Anyway on to your question.

If you head over to the subscription page - https://www.fakku.net/subscription
The price should be on the second page before or during putting in your information. To really really answer your question it's $12.99 a month. Currently you can't subscribe for more then one month at a time but I believe it may be in the works(from what I've read from various threads around the forums).
I've just went through about 125 doujinshi in my RSS (I've been slacking a bit) and sadly decided to not subscribe as of now. The thing is, both of these magazines seem to focus predominantly on big breasts and their lovers as a target audience. Sure, there are some exceptions, but for me it doesn't justify the price at the moment - though I've bought some books with appropriate assets included.

Do you plan to add some other magazine with different target audience into the mix (if it even exists, I don't go through the lists of all Jp ero magazines, of course)?
Wolfii wrote...
I've just went through about 125 doujinshi in my RSS (I've been slacking a bit) and sadly decided to not subscribe as of now. The thing is, both of these magazines seem to focus predominantly on big breasts and their lovers as a target audience. Sure, there are some exceptions, but for me it doesn't justify the price at the moment - though I've bought some books with appropriate assets included.

Do you plan to add some other magazine with different target audience into the mix (if it even exists, I don't go through the lists of all Jp ero magazines, of course)?

One of my goals is to add more magazines and as more and more people subscribe that becomes a lot easier. And if we add more content the price of the subscription won't go up, it will always stay $12.95. Any additional magazines will add more variety to the lineup, though honestly there is a pretty good mix at the moment if you look around.
blackice85 FAKKU! Gold
Jacob wrote...
Wolfii wrote...

One of my goals is to add more magazines and as more and more people subscribe that becomes a lot easier. And if we add more content the price of the subscription won't go up, it will always stay $12.95. Any additional magazines will add more variety to the lineup, though honestly there is a pretty good mix at the moment if you look around.

Yeah as of now I don't think it'll be an issue of quantity/genres with the two magazines, but that certain artists don't publish with them. Same with the book publishing.
Haven't seen this one answered yet, but how is FAKKU going to prevent people from just saving the images or screenshot them and upload to somewhere else? I really want to subscribe and support FAKKU but I'm afraid that people will dishonestly put them up somewhere else.
Not sure if this was already asked but:

1) What resolution are the images at (the bigger the better for my TV)?

2) Do you expect to pick up the other two Wani magazines by the end of the year or early next year (since I mostly look forward to the Beast artists)?

3) Is there any possibility that you'll change your mind in the future when it comes to adding the older issues to the library? Is it currently just due to a shortage of staff?

Thanks.
lucario386 wrote...
Haven't seen this one answered yet, but how is FAKKU going to prevent people from just saving the images or screenshot them and upload to somewhere else? I really want to subscribe and support FAKKU but I'm afraid that people will dishonestly put them up somewhere else.

Can't be prevented. I mean even if FAKKU installed a program that made it impossible to screenshot or save images while at their website, somebody could just take pictures of their screen with a camera. Sure the quality suffers but it has been done, and people still do it.

The question i think is not that how FAKKU is going to make it impossible for people to pirate their stuff, because they cant. The question is how does FAKKU make its service as easy to use for its customers as possible. I have lots of friends who used to pirate tons of stuff through torrenting (you know movies, tv shows, anime) but now that you have services like Hulu, Netflix etc. they prefer using them, because they are relatively cheap and easy to use.
when will you add more payment methods?
still waiting for paypal or paysafe card (even if that means i have to pay more).
YQII FAKKU Translator
lucario386 wrote...

Trying to stop piracy is a fool's errand, and it's not something we're particularly concerned with. We can take some simple steps to make it more difficult, but that's it. From what I've seen over the year, the most vocal proponents of piracy of our content just seem to want to do it out of spite, and they can have their hollow victory. I'm fairly certain that no one here is losing sleep over the thought of content being leaked, and neither should you. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter.

There are those who will never pay for a service for one reason or another, and trying to force them to is pointless. There are enough people willing to support what we're doing, and I'm certain that number will only grow as others realize that traditional scanlations can't compete with the quality of what we're offering—and that will happen through exposure to either legit previews from us or pirated content. Scanlations are still around (which is once again something we don't care about) and despite what some might say, I don't think anyone wants to go back to a world where that's the only option.
redxmaverick Titties In My Face
lucario386 wrote...

You're not only supporting Fakku but the artists themselves that draw and create these amazing fapable content.

Have you purchased any of Fakku's physical or digital books? The digital is DRM-free and you can download it which could easily be distributed somewhere else by a dishonest person. How come that thought didn't stop you from buying the book? If this question doesn't apply to you because you didn't buy any of Fakku's books, why would you let illegal distribution stop you from subscribing anyways? (We all know the answer to this question but let's assume we're all upstanding citizens.) Why would you deny yourself content that you enjoy?
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
schluesselmacher wrote...
when will you add more payment methods?
still waiting for paypal or paysafe card (even if that means i have to pay more).

Both are planned to be implemented into the payment system, but the earliest for paypal is months. I'm not sure how long paysafe would take though.

So, yeah...it'll probably take a while.
lucario386 wrote...

It's not possible to prevent people from extracting the images be it by screnshots or a camera or whatever. I don't think that it's even possible to prevent people from downloading the images. It's just possible to make it harder so that no one can do it casually. It takes a bit of effort. It's the same with any kind of DRM. At best, it just slows down casual piracy. Anyone who's determined to will be able to get their hands on the images and redistribute them. Regardless, FAKKU's success relies on providing a quality service that folks are willing to pay for. If someone started uploading the subscription content en masse, then that could harm FAKKU, but anyone who actually cares about this content continuing to be published is going to need to pay or risk having FAKKU fail, and then they won't be getting that content anymore. And the reality is that in many cases, piracy actually helps sales, because folks get their hands on the pirated content, find that they like it, and then buy more, and many of the folks who pirate never would have paid for the content in the first place, so if they pirate it and never pay, it's not like FAKKU loses out on anything.

There's really no point in worrying much about piracy beyond perhaps preventing casual piracy, and even that can be dangerous to do, because if it's done badly, it hinders the experience for those who actually pay, which could cause them to stop paying. And not paying for a subscription because someone else might pirate the content and ultimately ruin the service doesn't really make sense. It'll suck if that happens, but even if it does, you can pay for the content up until the point that FAKKU closes its doors, and the fact that you're paying will help keep it around that much longer regardless of whether pirating because an issue. So, if you are interested in the content, just get a subscription. Worst case, this whole thing ultimately falls apart (as much as a shame as that would be), and you stop paying. Not having subscribed won't stop that. It'll just mean that you don't get the content (unless you're pirating it) and that FAKKU and the mangaka get that much less money, and FAKKU is that much less likely to succeed.

kevan wrote...
1) What resolution are the images at (the bigger the better for my TV)?

They're larger than will fit on your TV at full resolution. I believe that they're slightly shorter than 2000 pixels tall. You'd need a 4K TV to see an entire image at full resolution. If you turned your 1080p TV (or monitor) on its side, you'd get close to seeing the whole thing, but it would be a tad too wide. If you open up a chapter in your browser and select "Original Size" for the image, you won't be able to see the whole thing on your TV, and you can see how much bigger it is than your TV, though there are options to make it fit or to be shown at a particular percentage of the original size.
This is amazing! I don't have a full time income as I am still studying but..dont you think the manga side should do something like this too? I mean instead of just going about to take down manga sites they should work to translate them instead. Of course it's a much bigger scale but, Fakku just showed that it's possible!
Paypal or other paying methods is what I prefer, (including paysafe - its just a mirror to use your credit card with.)

Also, lengthy 3, 6 months, 1 year+ subscriptions at affordable prices would be appreciated. Like, 5-10 dollars / month, 25-30 dollars for 3 months, 50-80 dollars per year. What I think.

Also, I have a question. Where did the "incest" genre go. And if I remember it right, there was a "shatokan" one as well. None of these seem to be available.
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
Lowlav wrote...
Also, I have a question. Where did the "incest" genre go. And if I remember it right, there was a "shatokan" one as well. None of these seem to be available.

Check your setting for controversial content under user preferences, both incest and shota tags are alive again.
I was curious to the downloadability (hah new word, bow to me peasants^^) of the subscribed chapters as well and read through the entire thread now.

Since there is a possiblity for the chapters which are now released under the subscription model to be available for download down the line, I have decided against subscribing, even though I am dying to see some of my favorite tags in combination in there (vanilla/pettanko +osananajimi).

It is possible that FAKKU Books are available through other means but someone who actually wants to own the books will pay even after downloading them. a good way to prevent many of downloading would be a "taste" of the material by sampling a chapter from said book which would be the main theme of the book it is taken from, like an appetizer.

I wouldn't know if it's possible but maybe it could be "recorded", with a time- and chapter limit of course, which chapters have been read in "being subscribed"-time and these could then be made available to download even if the subscription period has ended, so someone who already read the chapters wouldn't have to pay again to simply download them.

Fact is: There will always be digital pirates ( i mean look at minority report the movie and you see even there that the guy running the...how would you call it? Virtual Pub or Amusement Park or something? oO..., gets the shits when Tommy (dont remember the name of his character) comes in and he knows that he offers some things he is legally not allowed to, since that is the case, shouldn't we rather try to take away the need for pirates? I'm not saying make everything free, but more affordable would be the way.
!!! IMHO !!!