Magic the Gathering

BlinkXPoke Cards and Hugs abound
sakabato24 wrote...
BlinkXPoke wrote...
sakabato24 wrote...
BlinkXPoke wrote...
sakabato24 wrote...
So... What's everyone playing lately?

Been playing the Bant Megamorph deck in Standard. It's gotten irrelevant ever since the meta shifted and got slightly more aggressive, so I might need to make a switch. Even though it has a huge target over it's head, I think I'd like to play Esper Dragons, but we'll see. I could always just go back to playing Abzan, again, too, though I'll admit, that's a bit boring, lol.
Gonna try to stick with Bant as long as I can, though. I just love how it plays. It feels so smooth against midrange and control.

Still on Splinter Twin and Jeskai Ascendancy Tempo-Combo in Modern. I saw a more all-in version of the Ascendancy combo that also contained Pyromancer's Ascension to help it go off when it starts combo-ing. I like the idea of it, but I still like how you can more easily bide your time with the Tempo-ish version.

Still on Temur Cascade in Legacy, too, lol. No matter what cool thing may pop up, I still enjoy this deck quite a bit, though I still dabble in the Food Chain combo a bit since it's awesome, and the MonoU Matyr deck because it's so troll.

Nice. I really haven't played too much standard, but I did switch back from playing UW Heroic to Jeskai Tokens again. Sure, Tokens isn't as suited for this Standard meta as much anymore, but I still love playing the deck and Jeskai Ascendancy.

Still sticking with Twin as well for modern though. Thought of playing Amulet Bloom for a bit, but I don't have the current money to go and get it.

For Legacy, I've switched from playing Dredge to playing Enchantress. The deck it Control/Combo, and it's a lot of fun, just hard to work with Stack interactions.

I REALLY don't like the Amulet Bloom deck. Honestly, it loses to itself too often, EVEN IF you're a good pilot. And the fact that it's cold to a variety of different combo decks just makes it super unappealing.

Ooh, I've wanted to try Enchantress once before.
Also, I wanted to try the Legacy version of Jeskai Ascendancy, now that I remembered it. It seems like such an upgrade to the Modern variant.

That's because you can run Dig Through Time again, lol.

That's true, lol. Card is too busted, lolol.
So I opened a box of MM2015 today....
Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://i.imgur.com/siJmveG.jpg
Foil Goyf Baby!
Longevity wrote...
Spoiler:
Foil Goyf Baby!

Oho, man!

What are your plans for it? Gonna sell it? Gonna keep it around to show off? Gonna actually play it?
BlinkXPoke wrote...
Longevity wrote...
Spoiler:
Foil Goyf Baby!

Oho, man!

What are your plans for it? Gonna sell it? Gonna keep it around to show off? Gonna actually play it?

Gonna sell it probably, doesn't fit into my Sliver EDH deck.
Longevity wrote...
BlinkXPoke wrote...
Longevity wrote...
Spoiler:
Foil Goyf Baby!

Oho, man!

Fair enough. 'Tis at least $500, if I had to take a guess, lol. Quite a bit of money you've earned yourself!
BlinkXPoke wrote...
Longevity wrote...
BlinkXPoke wrote...
Longevity wrote...
Spoiler:
Foil Goyf Baby!

Oho, man!

Fair enough. 'Tis at least $500, if I had to take a guess, lol. Quite a bit of money you've earned yourself!

I just have to decide what site to sell it on.
Longevity wrote...
BlinkXPoke wrote...
Longevity wrote...
Spoiler:
Foil Goyf Baby!

Oho, man!

I think you should probablu consider keeping it, they dont come by very often and a foil one at that
Any Xmage players on FAKKU?

I've started playing somewhat recently and for paper magic I'm a pure modern player. I like playing Storm and people hate me for it. On Xmage I play absolutely anything.
sakabato24 World Warrior
nacho wrote...

I've started playing somewhat recently and for paper magic I'm a pure modern player. I like playing Storm and people hate me for it. On Xmage I play absolutely anything.

I play more on Cockatrice more than anything. Might try Xmage though.
Fyte me modern. Wanna drop me your Skype?
sakabato24 World Warrior
nacho wrote...
Fyte me modern. Wanna drop me your Skype?

Same username as this one, sakabato24.
nacho wrote...

Xmage?

Lol, I used to play Storm, but I stopped ever since it got nerfed, and got easier to hate out.
I now play Ascendancy combo in RL, a sort of control version that can stall the combo until I think I can protect it.

Online, I've actually moved on to Tarmo-Twin, ever since Bounding Krasis came out. I love that card a lot, it plays both roles (a combo piece and a beatdown creature) very well, doesn't die to Electrolyze and Kolaghan's Command (commonly played 2-for-1 removal), and still operates moderately well.
The Krasis legit changed my mind on the deck, since, like I said, it's a great beatdown creature, too. I didn't like Tarmo-Twin because I thought the RUG Midrange side of the deck conflicted too much with the Twins, but the addition of the Krasis supporting both roles well makes it feel much more viable.

New set in general has a lot of cool things to build around, even if they might only be good in Standard, or perhaps some casual formats. Regardless, there's some fun stuff: I'll make Whirler Rogue and other such Thopter cards work, if it kills me, lolol. Whirler Rogue and Hangerback Walker have to be my current favorite cards out of the new set.
Who else plans to buy absurd amounts of Battle for Zendikar? Ever since those full-art fetchlands were spoiled, I knew that I would need to devote at least one box's worth out of my paycheck.

Regardless, it looks fun to draft. I haven't thought about Standard, but I think it might be interesting.

Mostly, I've only been playing drafts and Modern, lately. Still rocking TarmoTwin and Jeskai Ascendancy combo.
sakabato24 World Warrior
Go bury yourself Dig Through Time. Glad it's banned in Legacy now. Can't wait to see what new decks pop up with the unbanning of Black Vice.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/september-28-2015-banned-and-restricted-announcement-2015-09-28
sakabato24 wrote...
Go bury yourself Dig Through Time. Glad it's banned in Legacy now. Can't wait to see what new decks pop up with the unbanning of Black Vice.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/september-28-2015-banned-and-restricted-announcement-2015-09-28

Yeah... that's pretty depressing, but it makes my Temur Cascade deck decent again. I'm just gonna miss Legacy Jeskai Ascendancy. I feel like it needed DTT to remain consistent. It might make my Vintage deck a lot different, too. Dig was important to finding lock pieces. I may need to find a different deck. (Time to try out Vintage Ascendancy? lolol)

I remember there was a certain other card the jumped to literally 300-something dollars because of the unbanning of Black Vise. My boss showed me, and we scoured our store to make sure it wasn't sitting somewhere it shouldn't be. Fortunately or unfortunately, we didn't find any copies of it.

And finally, I'm SO SO SO happy that bought a playset Dragonlord Ojutai right before it jumped up. I'll be playing a variant on Esper Dragons, and apparently, due to the results the deck has already put up (several Top 4s at SCGs), Ojutais jumped to 30 bucks a pop. I managed to get them on the last day they were 15.
sakabato24 World Warrior
BlinkXPoke wrote...
sakabato24 wrote...

Yeah... that's pretty depressing, but it makes my Temur Cascade deck decent again. I'm just gonna miss Legacy Jeskai Ascendancy. I feel like it needed DTT to remain consistent. It might make my Vintage deck a lot different, too. Dig was important to finding lock pieces. I may need to find a different deck. (Time to try out Vintage Ascendancy? lolol)

I remember there was a certain other card the jumped to literally 300-something dollars because of the unbanning of Black Vise. My boss showed me, and we scoured our store to make sure it wasn't sitting somewhere it shouldn't be. Fortunately or unfortunately, we didn't find any copies of it.

And finally, I'm SO SO SO happy that bought a playset Dragonlord Ojutai right before it jumped up. I'll be playing a variant on Esper Dragons, and apparently, due to the results the deck has already put up (several Top 4s at SCGs), Ojutais jumped to 30 bucks a pop. I managed to get them on the last day they were 15.

I've been playing Jund Midrange myself. I wanted to play a deck similar to Abzan midrange, but with something more explosive. It's okay right now, but I do feel like it should pick up if I call the meta correctly.
sakabato24 wrote...
BlinkXPoke wrote...
sakabato24 wrote...

I've been playing Jund Midrange myself. I wanted to play a deck similar to Abzan midrange, but with something more explosive. It's okay right now, but I do feel like it should pick up if I call the meta correctly.

Jund, huh? I haven't really seen that, though I can imagine maybe an Aristocrats variant. What are your threats like? What's your suite of removal?

Yeah, I thought about a 4-color Abzan variant for a long-while, but Abzan is being so heavily meta'd against currently that I don't want to play it at all anymore.

My current build of Esper Dragons I think is still quite different from other people's builds because I'm base WU splashing black instead of base UB splashing white. I did this because, at least at my local shop, people are leaning toward aggro decks, so I wanted to play Orator of Ojutai to have a consistent blocker early game, and I wanted Stasis Snare because there's a lot of good "dies" effects, so I want to nerf those. Also, I wanted a bunch of Dragonlord Silumgars because I don't want to get beat by Gideon.

I'm also playing a ton of Awaken cards because I think they are too good. Having mana sinks are amazing.

Here's my list. Sideboard and manabase are still technically works-in-progress, but I feel confident about them.

Main deck:

Spoiler:
4 Orator of Ojutai
4 Dragonlord Ojutai
2 Dragonlord Silumgar
1 Silumgar, the Drifting Death

2 Swift Reckoner
4 Silumgar's Scorn
4 Stasis Snare
4 Scatter to the Winds
3 Planar Outburst
4 Dig Through Time

4 Flooded Strand
4 Polluted Delta
2 Haven of the Spirit Dragon
4 Shambling Vent
4 Prairie Stream
2 Sunken Hollow
3 Plains
4 Island
1 Blighted Cataract

Sideboard:

Spoiler:
2 Dispel
3 Surge of Righteousness
4 Arashin Cleric
2 Mastery of the Unseen
1 Negate
1 Disdainful Stroke
1 Orbs of Warding
1 Dragonlord's Prerogative
So a friend of mine convinced me to start playing Doomsday in Legacy.

Here are some of his notes that he has written about the deck itself :

http://agyekum.diarynote.jp/

The deck is very hard to pilot, but I really enjoy the challenge of what this deck has to offer.
haven't played for awhile but got a few newish cards.
What do you guys think about the Oath cards that got leaked?