Facebook and Messenger

Hey guys,

I got a query. I have a friend who has been offline for 1m for the past 2 hrs and he shifts from 1m then 2ms then back to 1m without ever having the Green dot. That was on Facebook

In Facebook messenger however he appears online when I go to our chat convo. So how can he be offline for 1min or 2mins and back in Facebook but yet be online in messenger? Also once your online your message normally gets the blue filled check right? So how come she was online yet I only had the white filled check?

I want to know if this is a problem with our connection or with Facebook and messenger? Thanks.
Taz_9000 Cafe Regular
Keitaro Ito wrote...
Hey guys,

I got a query. I have a friend who has been offline for 1m for the past 2 hrs and he shifts from 1m then 2ms then back to 1m without ever having the Green dot. That was on Facebook

In Facebook messenger however he appears online when I go to our chat convo. So how can he be offline for 1min or 2mins and back in Facebook but yet be online in messenger? Also once your online your message normally gets the blue filled check right? So how come she was online yet I only had the white filled check?

I want to know if this is a problem with our connection or with Facebook and messenger? Thanks.

You sure she wasn't using the app, on smart phones Facebook separated, facebook and messenger into 2 different apps.

plus some people turn messenger off, and when they go on messenger it will show the green dot and soon as they leave it will go.
Taz_9000 wrote...
Keitaro Ito wrote...
Hey guys,

You sure she wasn't using the app, on smart phones Facebook separated, facebook and messenger into 2 different apps.

plus some people turn messenger off, and when they go on messenger it will show the green dot and soon as they leave it will go.

Wait so Messenger and Facebook itself are different? So you can be online in messenger but not in Facebook and vice versa?
Taz_9000 Cafe Regular
Keitaro Ito wrote...
Taz_9000 wrote...
Keitaro Ito wrote...
Hey guys,

Wait so Messenger and Facebook itself are different? So you can be online in messenger but not in Facebook and vice versa?

Yeah

at one pint Facebook separated messenger from facebook.
so people can use messenger without a Facebook account.