Does having real relationships affect your view on NTR?

Voting for this poll has ended.

How has your experiences in real relationships affected your view of NTR?

Total Votes : 18
Just curious about peoples thoughts on NTR themes and how much experience they've had in real relationships might affect their personal perspective of NTR.

Just my perspective form having been in a few relationships, but it has made me lean more towards vanilla/romantic/no rape themes, and very difficult for me to enjoy anything with NTR themes. Looking forward to peoples votes and quotes on this!
NTR is not my favorite genre, but I can still enjoy an NTR story sometimes. I don't think my past relationships have affected me stance on the NTR genre.
Gravity cat the adequately amused
If being second best to someone else counts as NTR, a majority of my romantic history consists of it.

• Them being in a relationship with someone else and lying about it, calling me paranoid when I call them out on it

• Not being in a relationship, but being led on then they go quiet on me and get with someone else soon after

• I'm in a relationship with someone and they dump me for someone else

• Being cheated on

etc.

I like NTR because I can put myself in the shoes of the guy that does the "stealing" as some form of mental revenge for all the times I've been hurt in the past. Probably not the healthiest of reasons. But the point is, in my case I guess it does.
DatYuriThough Goddess of Nature
I've been cheated on by a previous partner and she left me for the guy she cheated on me with, but it honestly didn't change my perspective of NTR, I can read stories of it and enjoy it depending on how extreme it is and how well written it is. It's certainly not my favourite genre, but I don't think negatively of it.
I'm in a relationship right now, a good one, and even though I can still get excited over NTR it's true that it can get difficult to read sometimes, if you end up putting yourself on the shoes of the person being cheated on.
Not my favourite genre, but it's ok, you always need to keep in mind you are reading fiction, and almost everything is ok.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
I have no issue with NTR and im happily locked in the ol' ball and chain.
I am in a very healthy relationship with my boyfriend (6 years) and NTR is probably my favourite genre. That said I am really into noncon, torture, and other nasty things so there is a lot of overlap there.
Smuggins Just Some Guy
I am in a LTR, but even before that I was very uncomfortable with NTR (even before I had any relationship experience). My biggest issue with current NTR is they all seem to to have NonCon, Mindbreak, Forced, etc.

I think my biggest issue is that the NTR I have seen reduces women to mindless puppets, which doesn't appeal to me personally. Particularly as a young single guy, the idea that women wouldn't value me as of their own free will was terrifying, since I certainly wasn't in a position to force anyone to do it.

I would try NTR that was more 'vanilla' as it were, but just haven't seen any.
Forum Image: https://s28.postimg.org/n5ly2sxp9/cuck.jpg

100% relevant to this whole sad thread.
Are you saying a bad relationship will make people go for darker manga themes?

Thats possible. It's not bad either. As long as you dont mean transferring any "dark themes" into relationships. (.-.)
FinalBoss #levelupyourgrind
I had a tiny crush on a childhood friend, actually i wouldn't call it a crush, but rather an interest. I had a sleep over one time with her and two of my best friends who happen to be twins (could never tell them apart due to how dense and indifferent i am). Anyways, while I slept on the couch, she slept in between two of my friends. I felt weird in a bad way, but I continued sitting on the couch watching them while listening to my music. I'm not sure, but I think they were making out when they pulled the covers over their heads. That was my first taste of rl ntr...kinda. I didn't lose sleep over it, it just left a bitter taste in my mouth. Anyways, their relationship turned sour rather quick when we found out she stole the comic collection they brought over my house (I almost lost $400 because they accused me of stealing it). In the end, I realized I didn't like her romantically, I just wanted her attention because I thought she was cool for a girl (at least until I found out she stole the comics).

Since I've never been in a real relationship or plan to be in one, my new found love for ntr has yet to waver.

Smuggins wrote...
I would try NTR that was more 'vanilla' as it were, but just haven't seen any.

i believe what you're looking for is along the lines of Netori where sometimes you'll root for the MC to steal the girl. For instance, I think Hiryuu Ran's "Secret Honeymoon" is a nice Netori manga. Perhaps my fav of that particular sub genre.
Smuggins Just Some Guy
FinalBoss wrote...
i believe what you're looking for is along the lines of Netori where sometimes you'll root for the MC to steal the girl. For instance, I think Hiryuu Ran's "Secret Honeymoon" is a nice Netori manga. Perhaps my fav of that particular sub genre.

Excellent suggestion, I enjoyed the story! I don't think I've seen Hiryuu Ran's work, it was pretty nice.