Kumoricon 2016 in Portland, Oregon

FAKKU! might not be running a booth there, but is anyone interested in Kumoricon?

It's also worth noting that FAKKU! HQ is in Portland.

Go apply for a job there, lol.

It's happening immediately after my birthday, this year, and runs from October 28th to October 30th.

Yup, that means you have a good excuse to cosplay for Halloween this year, too!

It will be held in Portland, Oregon, at the Oregon Convention Center in downtown - it's the first year it's been back in Oregon since 2010, so I'm excited to go and NOT get stabbed by a drug addict in Vancouver, Washington.

Yes, I actually GOT STABBED in the right forearm by a drug addict who tried to rob me in Vancouver near the Hilton hotel, last time I went.

I still have the scar.

PM me for a picture.

Anyway, I live pretty close by so if someone's concerned about renting a hotel, don't be - my place is a one bedroom apartment in Clackamas, but I can put up a few friends for a couple days who want to go to the con.

We'll be going by bus though since I currently lack a car unless someone else brings one.

Anyway, I'll gauge the interest levels and talk with people before I make any plans - I could go by myself, but I probably won't in order to save money.

Anyway, it's all up to you guys, but I'll see you at the con! It will be a rare chance to actually meet the rumor... the legend himself in person!

...Yeah, I know that was kind of vain, but oh well.

Hope to see you all there!
waterflame FAKKUDL.NET
Oh Oh.. Sounds like quite the deal... Plus possible lack of hotel costs.. though how do we know you aren't a crazy INSERT_HERE? :p If I were to go I own a car so that's no big deal... It works out because I have things I need to do in Portland in October. I don't see a problem extending that trap another week. Does Fakku offer tours of their office? :p I can assume not.. though don't worry still have that tour video from Periscope... though it is from 2015 things may of changed.
waterflame wrote...
Oh Oh.. Sounds like quite the deal... Plus possible lack of hotel costs.. though how do we know you aren't a crazy INSERT_HERE? :p If I were to go I own a car so that's no big deal... It works out because I have things I need to do in Portland in October. I don't see a problem extending that trap another week. Does Fakku offer tours of their office? :p I can assume not.. though don't worry still have that tour video from Periscope... though it is from 2015 things may of changed.

Uh that's a lot to cover, so I'll make a list.

I'm crazy, but definitely not INSERT_HERE - though what worries me more is the nature of those I possibly invite over... gotta be careful these days.

I'm not sure about having more than 2 or 3 people over because my home is ill-equipped for overnight guests (I have 1 sleeping bag that my brother gave me which, though I do have extra pillows and blankets)

The plan would be for everyone to sleep in the living room except me (I'll be in the bedroom because... gotta have my privacy)

I don't actually have much stuff in my house, so potential thieves beware - cleaning me out will net me 15 grand from renter's insurance, but my possessions aren't worth even a quarter of that.

That being said, I believe that anyone I invite over will be respectful and not break or steal shit because we're all responsible adults here.

However, I do make good home-cooked meals so staying will have the benefit of getting your nutritional values taken care of by me (Don't worry, I'm actually an alright cook. Been cooking for myself for 11 years)

Also, I'm not sure about tours, might PM Jacob on that one.

In the end, if I had the money for hotels I would probably rent one myself but I'm just gonna commute since I'll be buying a bus pass each month anyway (2 jobs and PSU make my life a bitch getting around without one) Anyone who lacks hotel funds is free to stay but we'll have to make arrangements in advance because I don't like surprises or last-minute plans.
waterflame FAKKUDL.NET
正義 wrote...
waterflame wrote...

Uh that's a lot to cover, so I'll make a list.

I'm crazy, but definitely not INSERT_HERE - though what worries me more is the nature of those I possibly invite over... gotta be careful these days.

I'm not sure about having more than 2 or 3 people over because my home is ill-equipped for overnight guests (I have 1 sleeping bag that my brother gave me which, though I do have extra pillows and blankets)

The plan would be for everyone to sleep in the living room except me (I'll be in the bedroom because... gotta have my privacy)

I don't actually have much stuff in my house, so potential thieves beware - cleaning me out will net me 15 grand from renter's insurance, but my possessions aren't worth even a quarter of that.

That being said, I believe that anyone I invite over will be respectful and not break or steal shit because we're all responsible adults here.

However, I do make good home-cooked meals so staying will have the benefit of getting your nutritional values taken care of by me (Don't worry, I'm actually an alright cook. Been cooking for myself for 11 years)

Also, I'm not sure about tours, might PM Jacob on that one.

In the end, if I had the money for hotels I would probably rent one myself but I'm just gonna commute since I'll be buying a bus pass each month anyway (2 jobs and PSU make my life a bitch getting around without one) Anyone who lacks hotel funds is free to stay but we'll have to make arrangements in advance because I don't like surprises or last-minute plans.

Do you have a couch...? I'll claim that :p. Board and Home cooked meals.. where are the hidden fees?! I'd feel bad either way... so I'll front you some amount of money for the stay... To end... aren't we all crazy...? If I do end up going I may have to take ya up on the offer. True True... why would ya know about tours X3! Unless I can find some more money it'd be this or Katsucon(You know you want to go Fakku <3)...
Crazy Ben FAKKU Store Manager
FAKKU is currently in the process of going to Kumoricon 2016, and hosting a panel or two.

We do plan on having a booth as well, so if you go you'll most likely see us there.

Close to home for the drinking...nothing beats it.