FAKKU Subscription Suggestions

Does the FAKKU crew have any plans to license 3D hentai works? I'm a big fan of circle Umemaro 3D and would love to purchase uncensored versions of their movies.
So now that Napata's Pandemonium chapter has been re-released under the FAKKU Books label, I think we will need a new label. Cause while I and older users understand that, that particular chapter is still available to subscription users without purchasing the book, new user might not.
The new label can just be "FAKKU Books/Sub", or just "FAKKU All Access", but something so that new subscribers know that they are allowed to read that chapter and the upcoming Uninvited Chapter re-release, and other chapters going forward that will eventually also get book releases.
luckydog001 wrote...
So now that Napata's Pandemonium chapter has been re-released under the FAKKU Books label, I think we will need a new label. Cause while I and older users understand that, that particular chapter is still available to subscription users without purchasing the book, new user might not.
The new label can just be "FAKKU Books/Sub", or just "FAKKU All Access", but something so that new subscribers know that they are allowed to read that chapter and the upcoming Uninvited Chapter re-release, and other chapters going forward that will eventually also get book releases.

Yeah I'll have to figure something out, due to a bug it's actually not available to subscribers right now (I just noticed this) but it's supposed to be.

Anytime we release a book and it has a chapter that was already part of the subscription, both subscribers and book purchasers will be able to read it.
an option to hide tags to not spoil whats in the chapter.
GODsHandOnEarth (Not-so-)Grim Reaper
dircolive56 wrote...

AKA the russian roulette mode
Is there a chance we could see a magazine read mode? Where you can flip through the the magazine as a whole instead of just going chapter to chapter?
Connor Auditore wrote...
Is there a chance we could see a magazine read mode? Where you can flip through the the magazine as a whole instead of just going chapter to chapter?

I am sure you are not looking for an answer from me, but this has been discussed much more in depth in this forum post, if you already saw it I apologize for wasting your time.

For what it's worth I would also very much like to see the feature you described.
muzicfreq One tired person
GODsHandOnEarth wrote...
dircolive56 wrote...

With my luck I would hit every netorare and would make me want to quit life.
muzicfreq wrote...
GODsHandOnEarth wrote...
dircolive56 wrote...

With my luck I would hit every netorare and would make me want to quit life.
haha i understand, i just read everything that's on fakku and sometimes tags spoil the fun of finding out with in the chapter.
Suggestion (read later feature):

-Add a read later shortcut under My Account (favorites and collections both have one and are useful)
-Add grid view to read later list and 1-click remove button on chapters listed there.

I don't know what the popular opinion is, but for me it's all about fast consumption and my read later list is in continuous change. So it would be nice to do everything faster.
ntfakku Reads & Collects Stuff
I wish there can be a grid format instead of lists to view what stories fall under the desired tags.

The list format only shows so many and sometimes I'd like to be able to scan through the thumbnails to see which one belongs to a story I'd want to revisit. I might not remember author/title since some time has passed but I remember the art style/imagery I want.
Smuggins Just Some Guy
Also, has a rating system been considered? I know there are alot of different tastes, so maybe it wouldn't work that well, but I thought it would be interesting to see what other users enjoy. Of course, it would be interesting if we could rate the a story based on the tags it has. It would make rating more complicated, but would give interesting information. For example, if I could rate a story like:
https://www.fakku.net/hentai/their-office-party-english

And could give each tag a rating from 1-5 (oral 2, oppai 3, etc.) or even just select which tags my rating belongs to, that would be neat.

Update: Arrghgh, didn't notice that I was editing my last post, thought it was new... can't remember what other suggestions I had.
Now that FAKKU has cleared its first full year as a legitimate publisher, I wanted to suggest the things I really would like to see happen in the future. (Listed in a descending list from most important to least)

- the biggest feature I want added to the site, is more specific time frames for when books will be released. I am not asking for exact dates (although that will have to come eventually) but even just saying something like "we estimate this book to hit the store in 'MM', in the year 'YYYY'.

Yes sometimes delays occur, but just relaying any kind of delay to the users when it occurs will not cause an uproar. We are all paying adults, at the end of the day if information is released in a timely manner, the majority will be satisfied.

- This next one relates directly to the subscription service, it has been discussed before in great length, however I still believe a continuous magazine reading experience is an essential feature for a magazine subscription service.

Yes, some people won't always like what chapter comes after a chapter they just read, but if they never go out of there way to read new genres from new artists how will they ever get full use out of their service. Plus no one will force anyone to use this feature, you can chose to read through the whole magazine, or you can skip the chapters you don't want to read. Which leads directly into my new suggestion...

- A table of contents in:
1) any given magazine page uploaded to the site. We can see thumbnails and general information of chapters already uploaded to the site, but we can't see right away what chapters will be added later (if you look back and forth between the preview thread in the forums you can). Just a standard table of contents with just the authors name written in as a place holder, so we can see that, Magazine X has 20 chapters, 13 have been uploaded, 5 chapters and 2 spreads remain.

2) this relates back to the continuous reading experience, but if it is enacted then having a table of contents within the subscription reader would help move around any given magazine with more ease.

- A more premium tier for the subscription. This more premium tier would cost more per month, but it would also have more benefits:

1) Access to all subscription chapters and Doujinshi on the site. You won't have access to download the Doujinshi just have access to read them, yes I know the plan is to make all Doujins on the site available to subscribers after some time but this just cuts to the chase.

2) you receive a credit every month which gives you access to add a FAKKU book to your online account. Once again you can't download the book but you can read it online, via redeeming your FAKKU credit.

3) you get 50% off on any digital book you have redeemed with a FAKKU credit, and 25% off any physical book you have redeemed with a FAKKU credit.

4) If FAKKU chooses to do a subscription yearbook, then as a premium subscriber your vote for which chapter gets included in the magazine counts for 2 votes not 1. (Note this only applies if there will be a voting system in place for a special anniversary yearbook that wasn't even announced as official)

5) when you send in a support ticket it gets priority over none premium members (FAKKU support is already very fast, this is just a filler thing which does make some people happy to know if they have a problem they will be addressed faster.)

6) A picture of Jacob with a villainous mustache, stroking a cat (I had to put one joke in here otherwise it's too serious)

- and last but certainly not least, more merchandise from Japan, relating to authors already published on FAKKU, I am talking bookmarks, calendars, stationary, bookmarks, towels, throws, bookmarks, art books, blankets, bookmarks, wall scrolls (high end), pins and badges, bookmarks, more Dakimakuras, and bookmarks.

Thank You for considering any of the above, there is a lot of other stuff I wanted to put in, but please believe me even though there is a wall of text above me, I wanted to keep it to the point.

Spoiler:
and with that all, even though I was never a bigger forum poster, Id feel happy with this being my last post.

Now I can sit back and see where the site goes from here.
Smuggins Just Some Guy
luckydog001 wrote...

6) A picture of Jacob with a villainous mustache, stroking a cat (I had to put one joke in here otherwise it's too serious)

Awesome, I second this one.

Seriously though, Your first points clearly show you have been looking at these issues from a 'user experience perspective'. Very cool.
I notice in "Subscription Settings" there is a drop down box for the renewal term with options of "Every Month", "Every 3 Months", "Every 6 Months", and "Every Year". I'm wondering, is there currently any discount for renewing your sub at 3, 6, and 12 months? If not, I'd suggest considering a 5%, 10%, and 20% discount for subbing at those terms, respectively. I know I'd be a lot more inclined to throw down for a year sub without second thinking it with something like a 20% discount at least.
Smuggins Just Some Guy
This is a repost of suggestions that I accidentally wiped out:
- A flag indictor to show which stories a user has read which could be leveraged into a more generic, 'view history' page. I would specifically like the indicator to flag which stories I have gone into with the Fakku reader, not just on the landing/summary page. I just discovered that there is a read history, but it does not seem to cover everything (just 6 weeks) and it isn't reflected when I look at a chapter. Trying to mine the backlog of content is daunting without a way to determine if I have read something already.
- A way to vote (maybe polls work for this) authors/chapters/proposed books, so that users can throw support behind titles transparently and help Fakku focus on the most popular titles. I think this would benefit everyone, as the Fakku crew doesn't have to guess at a books popularity, and users can dispel assumptions about what people want to buy.
- A way to give attribute Avatar pictures. I personally have a superficial knowledge of anime/manga/hentai/etc., but would love to be able to learn more if people want to share. I am way too shy to message everyone I think has a cool avatar just to find the source :)

Looking forward to Fakku 2017!
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
Smuggins wrote...
Trying to mine the backlog of content is daunting without a way to determine if I have read something already.

I usually throw everything to my Read Later list and use that to keep track of what I still have to read, but this too can be troublesome with a longer backlog as, similar to the Read History page, the number of content shown on the page is limited. Luckily the rest is not removed from the list and shows up again if any of the shown entries are removed, but it can be disconcerting at first and does not really let you start clearing the backlog from the oldest chapters.
Smuggins Just Some Guy
luinthoron wrote...
I usually throw everything to my Read Later list

Good idea. I usually run into the issue when I do a search and get going through the results, I'll page into the same story several times before I realize I have already tried to catalogue it (for a public collection I am working on).

I suppose I could create a collection that is simply 'Read' and then I could check to see if that it is checked to determine if I have gone through it. A bit clumsy but it could work.
oppaiknight From the Cleave Age
I don't know if this has already been suggested but would it be possible to implement ranked collections/lists aka collections where you can rank the chosen content in a numbered order? Would be great for "best of"-collections. Currently you can't really sort your collection and its content just ends up in the same order you put it there.
oppaiknight wrote...
I don't know if this has already been suggested but would it be possible to implement ranked collections/lists aka collections where you can rank the chosen content in a numbered order? Would be great for "best of"-collections. Currently you can't really sort your collection and its content just ends up in the same order you put it there.

Agreed, and It was mentioned as something they are working on.