Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Gravity cat the adequately amused
Zootropolis/Zootopia/whatever

9/10

Action/mystery with anthro-animals. Good message about xenophobia, and was fucking hilarious at times. Flash the Sloth, man.

Spoiler:
I was a tad reluctant to watch it since I've seen furries' reaction to it which put me off. Glad I went though.
Batman v Superman 2/5
Tried too hard to be Watchmen and tried to mix in some Injustice, whose storyline I hate. But I may be biased because I prefer an idealistic Superman story instead of "DOES THE WORLD NEED A SUPERMAN?" being asked to the audience for 3 hours.
Jesse Eisenberg stole every scene he was in by virtue of being the least gloomy guy there.
I know you guys probably think little of my opinion on things at times because I get a little too excited about it but this one actually has a honorable mention and is a classic.

An old Japanese movie called Woman in the Dunes.

I'm currently watching it so I can't rate yet.

Last I watched was Clockwork Orange. 9/10
Captain America: Civil War
3/5

It was better than the comic. Fight scenes were cool despite the fuck's sake shaky cam in some parts. Made the heroes look like bullheaded morons than the paranoid hypocrites in BvS.
Deadpool- 7/10: Funny movie, better than I expected it to be. Good soundtrack too.

Cap 3: Civil War- 9/10: Spider-man and Ant-man stole the show, and the airport scene was just fantastic. Every character got their moment to shine in this film and the story / action was some of the best Marvel has delivered on-screen yet.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
He Never Died. 8/10
Weird but interesting. Kinda gives a better spin to the whole biblical story of Cain and able.
Mad Max: Fury Road - 8.5/10

A bit unique for a Mad Max movie, and also kinda grotesque at times (though you can expect that stuff from an irradiated wasteland). Still a good film and worth the watch.

Devil's Pass - 3/10

First 'found footage' movie I've watched. Nothing worth mentioning, though the twist at the end was unexpected.
Batman: The Killing Joke 3/5

There were some pacing issues in the movie and the animation on some of the characters looked dull compare to their graphic novel counterparts.

The stellar voice performances of Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamill, Tara Strong, and Ray Wise make up for it in the second half.

All in all... it was not the adaption I was hoping for, but I still enjoyed it.

Spoiler:
I'm also aware of the Batman/Batgirl controversy scene that has been exploding all over the net since it's screening at SDCC a couple of days ago.

I admit, it does screw up the whole point of what makes Barbara's character in the Killing Joke.
It was a terrible idea to give Batman and Batgirl a sexual relationship...

Batman is a mentor and father figure to the entire Bat-family including Batgirl.
The appropriate response for Batman would have been to reject Barbara's advances.

Totally out of character for Batman, being a highly disciplined, mature, honorable man to sleep with one of his proteges.
I expected better from Timm and Azzarello, but especially from Timm.

I know that Batman and Batgirl being involved was part of Timm's "background" in Batman Beyond, but for a sexual relationship to be introduced in "The Killing Joke" as a further means of motivating Batman's quest for revenge seems incredibly misguided and a great disservice to the character of Barbara Gordon.

As much as I love Oracle, it would be nice if DC Comics came up with a new canonical explanation for Barbara's paralysis.
Monuments Men: 6.5/10

Admirable effort. Stellar cast. But pacing and tone are very disjointed and inconsistent. The jumps between comedy and drama are performed so awkwardly that sometimes you can't tell which it's supposed to be. And- despite the importance to the mission at hand- there's no real sense of urgency.
Suicide Squad- 9/10, enjoyed it thoroughly.
Let Me In - 8/10

This has to be the most unique vampire movie I've seen so far. It helps that I'm reading Oshimi's Happiness and could partially relate to the protagonist due to past issues, but overall it was a pleasant experience, and quite scary despite the lack of anything over the top.

Owen and Abby make such a cute couple though. I wish them happiness.
Goodbye, Lenin. 8/10

Was interesting. I guess it gives an idea of how life was in the GDR.
EddieBeInBeddie Tea, Coffee, Glances
Blair Witch/ 'The Woods': 7/10. Played a little to safe, one too many random badly done jump scares (not enough build up, and off the plot), but enjoyable.

Don't Breathe: 8/10, only a few inconsistencies and a near ending twist I'm still not sure on holds this down.
Cat-ness NekoMancer
pihip wrote...
Let Me In - 8/10

This has to be the most unique vampire movie I've seen so far. It helps that I'm reading Oshimi's Happiness and could partially relate to the protagonist due to past issues, but overall it was a pleasant experience, and quite scary despite the lack of anything over the top.

Now you need to watch the original, Let The Right One In
Cat-ness wrote...
pihip wrote...
Let Me In - 8/10

Now you need to watch the original, Let The Right One In

I have the book for that, will read it one day.
Er ist wieder da 9/10
It gives an interesting point about it's not the man who rules but those who elected him fault for one's people's follies.
bongzilla Your Weird Cousin
I've recently decided to tackle the Zatoichi film series. I watched the first three films years ago, and had always meant to watch the other 22 (not counting the re-makes and television series), but didn't get around to it until now. Plus, since my memory was foggy on the three I did see, I re-watched those first.

• The Tale of Zatoichi (1962): 7/10 A solid introduction to the character.

• The Tale of Zatoichi Continues (1962): 6/10 Sort of retreads a lot of the story of the first, but with better pacing.

• New Tale of Zatoichi (1963): 8/10 First color film of the series. Much more melodramatic and sad than the previous ones.

• Zatoichi the Fugitive (1963): 6/10 A decent, but sort of predictable Zatoichi story.

• Zatoichi on the Road (1963): 7/10 More action-packed than the previous one.

• Zatoichi and the Chest of Gold (1964): 9/10 More experimental/expressionistic in its visuals and editing than any of the previous movies. Also a fun story.

• Zatoichi's Flashing Sword (1964): 10/10 My personal favorite so far. The final scene is filmed so dark and intense it almost feels like a horror film!

• Fight, Zatoichi, Fight (1964): 8/10 A bit more of a light-hearted approach to the character, as we see him caring for an orphaned baby in this one.

• Adventures of Zatoichi (1964): 7/10 A bit more formulaic story, only with two damsels in distress for the price of one movie.

That's as far as I've gotten. Only 16 more to go... *whew*
Suicide Squad extended cut.
still the same 7/10 without crazy chick boobs.

Edit: 12-18
Rouge one
5/10

It's star wars for money sake not actually star wars. Story wise it does add why some shit happen, but IT'S NOT NECESSARY TO THE FUCKING CANON. Disney just wanted your cash. The chipotle ad was funny.
Rouge One

Rating? DeviantART's :la: emote out of explosions

Spoiler:
Except for the ending which did bum me out. I was hoping to see more of those characters in more extended universe stuff. They were fun but not very fleshed out.
John Wick Chapter 2

This movie I rate a 10/10. It surpasses the first one in every way while setting up the plot for the obvious next chapter.