Magazine Covers

I would LOVE to rest my head on her chest!
"Need help rubbing the sleep out of your ***s?"

Out of what? Cocks?! ^^"

Hmmmm... Looks more like Manko (pussy) in the Japanese cover tho...
YQII FAKKU Translator
Youma81 wrote...

You can rarely get away with a one-to-one translation for word plays. She's apologizing for having sleepy eyes from just waking up, but they censored the middle character in manako (eyes), and you typically associate the censored version with manko (pussy). The original joke is that instead of "Sorry I'm half-asleep," it kinda reads "Sorry, but you'll have to settle for my half-asleep pussy." We went with a play on "rub the sleep out of one's eyes," where eyes can be read penis.

It changes the perspective, but the result is still the same: having sex just after waking up. I take a bit more liberties with covers, since they're often standalone illustrations and you don't mess with any story by altering the text a little, and I feel like the most important aspect is to convey the sleep pun.
You are all good people doing good works.
YQII wrote...
Youma81 wrote...

You can rarely get away with a one-to-one translation for word plays. She's apologizing for having sleepy eyes from just waking up, but they censored the middle character in manako (eyes), and you typically associate the censored version with manko (pussy). The original joke is that instead of "Sorry I'm half-asleep," it kinda reads "Sorry, but you'll have to settle for my half-asleep pussy." We went with a play on "rub the sleep out of one's eyes," where eyes can be read penis.

It changes the perspective, but the result is still the same: having sex just after waking up. I take a bit more liberties with covers, since they're often standalone illustrations and you don't mess with any story by altering the text a little, and I feel like the most important aspect is to convey the sleep pun.

Thank you for the explanation.
I must say you always do a great job for the translations and keep the puns working out nice.
Well done! ;o)
GODsHandOnEarth (Not-so-)Grim Reaper
There are not enough Homunculus works in this world...
I don't suppose it's possible to get clean (i.e. textless) versions of these?
wererat42 wrote...

I think I have some ideas, give me a week or so.
Jacob wrote...
wererat42 wrote...

I think I have some ideas, give me a week or so.

That would be awesome ^_^
YQII FAKKU Translator
[size=18]Comic Shitsurakuten 2016-11[/size]

Forum Image: https://t.fakku.net/images/upload/Comic-Shitsurakuten-2016-11-800.jpg
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
Very nice one again. ^_^
In case anyone wants a clean image of the latest Utu cover, and didn't already find it on twitter.
Spoiler:
Who can say no to such a cutie?
YQII FAKKU Translator
[size=18]Comic X-Eros #48[/size]

Forum Image: https://t.fakku.net/images/upload/Comic-X-Eros-48-800.jpg

[size=18]Comic Kairakuten 2016-12[/size]

Forum Image: https://t.fakku.net/images/upload/Comic-Kairakuten-2016-12-800.jpg
So it's a housewife this time for Napata's chapter.
And holy shit look that those lineups...
Genryuusai wrote...

It's part 3 of the Lunch Time Collection and it looks like it's gonna be amazing.
luckydog001 wrote...
Genryuusai wrote...

It's part 3 of the Lunch Time Collection and it looks like it's gonna be amazing.

Give me a Napata chapter that is not amazing...
But really though? I saw the preview page and her husband looks quite different from sensei in the Lunch Time series.
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
Two absolutely wonderful covers again. ^_^
Genryuusai wrote...

But really though? I saw the preview page and her husband looks quite different from sensei in the Lunch Time series.

He looks older to me, I just thought a few years had passed.
Her hair has also become longer, and the rest of her body has also become more mature.

From Lunch Time, to I Wanna Buy a Kitty there was also a time skip. I assumed they were dating in lunch time, engaged in I Wanna Buy a Kitty, and now they are married in Oyomesan. That was just my thought it could be way off the mark.
Naughty schoolgirl and horny housewife - both beautiful in their own way!

luckydog001 wrote...
Genryuusai wrote...

He looks older to me, I just thought a few years had passed.
Her hair has also become longer, and the rest of her body has also become more mature.

From Lunch Time, to I Wanna Buy a Kitty there was also a time skip. I assumed they were dating in lunch time, engaged in I Wanna Buy a Kitty, and now they are married in Oyomesan. That was just my thought it could be way off the mark.

At first I thought too that "Bride" was the third part in the series, but the husband calls his wife Shiori in the Lunch Time Series and Mari in "Bride". My guess is that NaPaTa simply likes the wife topic and thus made another unrelated chapter as I don't think that he would make such a simple error as mix names up...