rap music on fakku

Pages Prev12345Next
Yep yep used to be heavy on the hip hop head steeze

Kdot, black hippy, earl sweatshirt, nas, lupe fiasco, j cole, jay electronica, joey bada$$, tyler the creator & co, mndsgn, flylo, danny brown, chance, kanye, gambino etc etc etc...

list goes on but i mainly dont listen to rap and hip hop anymore, but when i do i go to these dudes
FinalBoss #levelupyourgrind
New stuff is cancer, but yeah, I'm really into the older stuff. My brother got me into XV's stuff, would've been nice if he made it big.
FinalBoss wrote...
My brother got me into XV's stuff, would've been nice if he made it big.

Right?! "Final Fantasy XV" is one of my favorite songs of all time. He got close with that "Awesome" song:/ Zero Heroes is still a classic.
FinalBoss wrote...
New stuff is cancer, but yeah, I'm really into the older stuff.

Also, since i'm italian:

Spoiler:

I listen to mostly rap from the 90s and rappers that I grew up listening to (ex. Kool G Rap, Wu-Tang Clan, Large Professor, Kool Keith, Krs-One, Big Daddy Kane, Naughty by Nature, Public Enemy, etc).
I listen to tons of rap, Mostly Yung Lean, SHWB etc... got a killer track for y'all tho..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3UDP5OJW2o
InTraining ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
remix with only cat sounds
there's some really good rap in the current era of rap. like, yeah, people like future sadly exist, but run the jewels are godlike, logic's new album that dropped is brilliant, there's good shit out there, just gotta search for it.
Papa Nito Enemy Stand
I'm not the biggest fan of rap, but I've been listening to a lot of Tech N9ne lately.
hub0083 Carthago delenda est
I used to listen to a ton of rap/hip-hop up until near the end of high-school - mostly 90s stuff. Wu-Tang Clan (and all their derivatives), A Tribe Called Quest, The Roots, Common, etc. Went through my whole Nas/2Pac/Bone-Thugs-n-Harmony phase.

Eventually a friend got me into the underground stuff - Hieroglyphics (and their derivatives), Jurassic 5, People Under the Stairs, Mountain Brothers, etc.

An old co-worker of mine is also into a lot of the "modern" stuff (Niki Minaj, 2chains, whoever), so we sometimes pass around links to their music videos just to troll each other. =P

Still, most of what I listen to nowadays is from the 90s or earlier. Yes, I am a pig-headed elitist!
Kanye drops "SWISH" Feb. 11 🤔😌
FinalBoss #levelupyourgrind
Okay, after exploring different artists, I finally got out of my conservitive shell. Now, I have a new top 5 list of fav rap artists:

1.Logic (Best white rapper to ever step into the game and my new fav rapper. That says a lot since eminem pretty much changed the stigma that Vanilla Ice created.)
2.XV (I hear he's making a comeback sometime this year. I can't wait)
3.Lupe Fiasco (my uncle told me about him after I had him listen to XVs stuff. Since they sound so similar, he thought XV was Lupe at first.)
4.Lloyd Banks (used to be no.1, how the mighty has fallen)
5.Kendrick Lamar

Logic, Lupe and Kendrick replaced Lil wayne, Jayz and Tu Pac.

Honorable mentions:

-Lil wayne (some of his stuff was good and original)
-Eminem (Has always been good for laughs and shock value when I was growing up)
-Jay Z
-Tu Pac (I prefered him over Biggie when I was growing up. To me, it was like choosing pepsi over coke.)
-Busta Rhymes (He's at least my second fav Jamaican Rapper)
-Drake (For some reason, he isn't rapping as much as he used to. His singing isn't bad, I just wish he'd stick to what he's really good at. Kinda reminds me of why I couldn't stand Ja Rule)
-Fabulous (One of the most underated rappers ever, next to XV of course)
I feel like I am not into hip-hop enough to do a top five or anything, and honestly I largely ignored it as a genre until recently. Mainstream hip-hop annoyed me and I never felt the desire to dig deeper. I assumed that the outlier artists that I enjoyed existed in a vacuum. Death Grips was nifty as hell and Flying Lotus was an awesome beatmaker, but I never really cared about hip-hop as a whole. While I was messing around with dancehall music I tried to listen to some of the popular American hip-hop artists and never really felt any particular attraction. Then Kendrick Lamar dropped to Pimp a Butterfly and I was intrigued by the utterly ridiculous name. It was actually good. It was also then that I realized that it was good because it didn't really stick to the established formula and kinda did its own thing as a hodge-podge celebration of Black American music as a whole.

I have never really given a damn about the mainstream form of any genre of music, so why the hell was I looking for mainstream hip-hop that I liked? Thus I did some Interneting and discovered that alternative hip-hop was indeed a thing and there was far more variety to the genre than I had initially believed. I've been having some fun in the past year poking around the weirder side of hip-hop on Spotify. So there's something for everyone there I guess.

Now I just need to take the plunge into country music. *Shudder*
Vardent Thigh-highs are life!!
I listen to a lot of hip-hop inspired instrumentals, Rat King, Death Grips, Black Star, Mos Def, De La Soul, Wu-Tang, Tyler, The Creator(fight me), Doomtree, A Tribe Called quest. I'm still exploring the genre but I'm looking for some semblance of creativity in my hip-hop and rap.
I listen to chillhop, the only rap I like is eminems'
Rap is one of my all-time favorite genres. I like old stuff like 2 Pac and Too Live Crew, and some nerd core. What's everyone listening to nowadays any way? It all seems like blabber rap.
Japanman23 wrote...
Rap is one of my all-time favorite genres. I like old stuff like 2 Pac and Too Live Crew, and some nerd core. What's everyone listening to nowadays any way? It all seems like blabber rap.

Nah man. From last year there was Tribe called quest, Danny Brown and Injury Reserve. Good shit.

Spoiler:
Sometimes I do listen to rap but mostly female rap and also old school rap even though I am white male. I don't like the new rap but I do prefer more the Trap (EDM) style more then rap.

YEARS late but Im heavy into the rap game. Pretty much all I listen too
So the new Wu-Tang is pretty dope. Not something I thought id be saying in 2018 but there ya go...
Pages Prev12345Next