One insignificant thing you dislike about today.

AshellSeasucker Æ Ø Å
A student had extended time on their exam so i ended up working overtime
Gravity cat the adequately amused
5th June
  • The other day I bought a set of headphones and I thought the mic was fucked. Good thing I was too lazy to actually take it back, tried the mic again a few days after I bought it and it suddenly now works. Yay. But when I thought it was buggered, the headset came with a flyer saying "Don't take it back to the shop, contact us instead" so I did.
    I went on their troubleshooting website, did everything it told me to do and seemingly, no dice. So I sent them an e-mail 5 days ago telling them that I tried everything their website suggested I do and still got no audio. And I got a response this morning saying "Have you tried it on a mobile?" which is one of their troubleshooting suggestions. After saying I tried everything. Seems I dodged a "waste of time" bullet. Good thing it turns out it's not actually broken.

• Broke my tooth the other day and saw my dentist today. Have to have a Crown on it because it broke so awkwardly that fillings aren't going to cut it. He did file down the sharp edges for me so I don't cut my tongue on it though. Half my paycheck for this month gone.

• Peter Sallis died. RIP in pieces Wallace, may the moon be made of Wensleydale.

8th June
My cousin finished one Uni course and is now doing another course on an entirely different subject. She's not yet in employment at 20 years old (though I can't really say anything, my first paid job was at 24) but nobody in the family has batted an eye or given a shit. When I was about 20 I was hassled by family on a daily basis about what I wanted to do with my life and that I should get a job, while I was doing an IT course in college.

I'm a bit nettled that I got given such a hard time but my cousins aren't. Except allegedly one of them getting bullied for preaching about Jeebus at her Uni.

10th June
On Akiba's Beat a character was introduced who was cute as all fucking hell. Implications she has a crush on the main character, was soft-spoken, was just all round adorable. Really tugged at my heartstrings.
I did a sidequest for her because at this point I was all like "best waifu".

Spoiler:
She's a dude. Which explained the extremely flat chest.
Also makes sense since she works at a bar and the owner is a drag queen himself. Never picked up on that.
Fucking traps, man.
Keep getting calls from work when it's supposed to be my day off. Happens every week!
Today in general was a shit show.
  • Went to work this morning and discovered I fucked up yesterday's banking. I sorted it though. I somehow miscounted the tenners and Till 1 was up 30 quid.

• Our handheld terminal was stuck in a "Scanner Connected" loop so I couldn't do any counts. Even after IT sorted it (the time was wrong which apparently buggers it up), it took hours to do a data transfer. By the time it finished I'd already locked up and was ready to go home.

• A colleague was under the weather. In fact he almost passed out at the tills. The buzzer decided to stop working so he couldn't "reach" me so a customer had to grab me off my lunch to let me know about it. I find him sitting down in the till area to ride his dizzy spell out so I gave him some water and took over the tills while keeping a close eye on him. He recovered from it, then soon had another one so I had to send him home. He phoned his dad and he got a lift. I was on my own for 3 hours. Used to being on my own for 2 hours on closes so wasn't a *huge* deal, though I'd already sent off the rota timesheets so couldn't change it to reflect that he left early.

• Another colleague phoned up saying that she'd been contacted by police for supposedly stealing. Turned out to be a prank by her friends, or so she says, but because I brought it up with my managers they now want to talk to her about it. If it was just a prank, she needs better friends. But she phoned the landline, and I was already on my own during a busy rush and I was still worried about my colleague so it couldn't have come at a worse time.

• Was generally busy all day. Took 1.5grand. Considering how cheap our shit is, that's busy. Especially for a Sunday.
Someone who desperately wanted me back in their life less than a week ago removed me again because I didn't respond to a single word answer the other day.

This is the third time it's happened and I can't be fucked with this bullshit. I gave her another chance and I refuse to be treated like this again. She blew it.
>Walk into work
>Notice the place is a fucking shit tip. Guy from previous day didn't tidy.
>He served 11 customers in the last hour so he had no reason not to.
>Manager texted me telling me he was concerned that one of the tills was 6 quid down. It wasn't, but I then let her know I had to tidy the place which pissed her off because she claimed she told him to tidy.
>Get into the office, see a message left for me that I've been tasked with doing the Sale setup for tomorrow.
>Go to the container, get all the Sale signage I could find
>Get back to the shop, notice a lot of it is missing.
>Receive an e-mail from area manager telling us that we still have a count to do and to get it done by the end of the day
>Fuckinghell.jpg
>e-mail him back telling him that I make no promises because the HHT's being temperamental and the software it uses keeps closing itself, and that I still have to do the Sale setup but I'd see what I can do
>3 hours later it finally transfers
>meanwhile place is fucking packed full of people just trashing the place after myself and a co-worker tidied it in the morning
>I had to do 4 seperate returns on faulty Fidget Spinners, plus 2 exchanges

Just about got a majority of the bits done, had to cut my losses and leave the Sale table and the Window display because I just had to hoover and start closing procedures. Floor was a fucking mess. Left a message for my managers explaining why a couple of tasks were half finished.

Yeah, stressed is an understatement.

Edit: The day after we had a visit by our area manager and did nothing but moan about how stuff wasn't done. All it would take would be one glance at our figures and he would've seen that we were the busiest store in the area, and one look at the rota would've signified I was doing the setup completely solo. I only had one other person in with me at a time and they pretty much had to cover the tills and even then I had to hop onto the tills myself as well to control queues.

All he did was bark orders at us without doing anything to help himself. Thanks, you fucking prick.
Holoofyoistu The Messenger
I can't get laid. Im celibat, but not by choice
My day off but my manager's gotten severely ill again and nobody else can cover. The other keyholder's not responding to calls or texts. Brilliant. Puts us all in a collective bind and can't well have her doing her shift in that state so I've offered to go in after my dental appointment which is a 2 hour shift if that.

Going into work with a numb mouth tasting full of chemical shite is going to be fun. My own fault, but she's in the early stages of pregnancy and is suffering badly for it which is why she keeps getting ill.

Edit: He picked up so I'm all good.

Double edit: Got asked whether I could go in an hour early tomorrow depending on another manager's personal circumstances. Though I got texted an hour ago telling me I didn't have to worry and to come in normal time.

I'm on holiday next week. How in the fuck are they going to cope with one keyholder down if this keeps happening?
Someone started sending me nudes and I got overexcited and bust a nut prematurely so I couldn't indulge for very long.
Guess that's what happens when you don't whack off for a week or two.
15th July
So I was on the bus home, practically empty. I'd sat in the same spot since I got on 10 minutes prior. Suddenly 3 adults and their kids get on. Kids sit behind me, one of the adults (presumably their mum) sits next to me, and the other two sit in front. So there I was for 40 minutes surrounded by strangers and the bus wasn't even full. The front of the bus wasn't even being used. The drunk dude tries to make jokes about me "pulling" the girl next to me and striking up conversation with me. Which isn't a bad thing, but after a long day at work I want to be away from people not continue actively conversing with them. I am so thankful I had my earphones in.

Not my idea of a relaxing journey home.

23rd July
The kids are off, which means it's gotten busy at work. Sunday is normally our second busiest day of the week, but today it was so busy we took just 100 quid less than yesterday. Had to split up my half-hour break into two 15 minute breaks because of queues and there was only two of us running the store at any one time. Now 2grand a day isn't much for some places, but when everything we sell is under a tenner and our ATV is 6 quid, you can figure out how busy that is. We closed at 8pm yesterday and 6pm today, so had we stayed open it would have officially been busier than yesterday.

And one of the till's scanners decided to be a cunt for about an hour during a mad rush.

So safe to say I couldn't get much of what I was supposed to done.

24th July
Dumbass of a coworker didn't seem to understand the concept of taking required breaks. In my half-hour break she called and rang for me 6 times, mostly to ask me if we had certain things. Why she can't just fucking look herself, I don't know. One of those times she got me up she suddenly decided she wanted hot chocolate and went to the stock room to grab her purse to get some. I got pretty fucked off and told her to wait because I need to take my 30 minute break before she goes. The amount of wasted time getting back up off my break extended the half hour I should have taken to an hour.

Then after I finally had my half hour the G4S guy turned up to take last week's takings. While I was headfirst in the safe she decided to come out the back to grab her purse, because she still wanted that fucking hot chocolate, leaving the shop floor unattended with people still on it.
Suffice to say I got pretty frustrated with her and told her to go back out and wait. And I have her tomorrow morning as well. Great.

Think I might have her price up Fidget Spinners to keep her busy since some dumbass put them all out unpriced and we keep having to tell people how much they are. I swear my fucking IQ drops whenever I hear the words "Fidget Spinners"

30th July
I did a four hour shift today and yawned when 12 o'clock came about. Coworker said "You're only here for a couple more hours I'm doing all day"

Bitch I did 6 days in a row, you were in twice. Shut the fuck up.

12th August
  • People weren't kidding when they said that the new Supervisor was lazy. He got in and took his break half an hour after starting. I let him because he's entitled to one, but I made it clear that he couldn't take another for the rest of the day and that 7 hours is a long time to work all at once. Good thing he leaves this week.

• I "refunded" a Love2Shop voucher yesterday and logged it in the book so one of the tills was 27 quid up, and gave instructions to said-lazy Supervisor to overbank it. Got contacted by my manager today asking why it was 27 quid up. Sounds like someone from Finance questioned us about it and she didn't read the e-mail conversation between myself and someone from the Finance department asking how to do those refunds or check the book.
    Why did she not read the e-mails?
    Why did she not check the logbook?
    Why did that someone from Finance not tell the rest of their department?
    Jesus Christ, people.

• Had a thumping headache all day so I had to sleep through most of it while dosed up on painkillers. Joy.
Being ill. It's never at a good time either.
14th October

Ohey I forgot this thread existed.

So the past few weeks we've been hearing rumours that a place called Spud-U-Like were getting our Unit once the outlet began their expansion. This not being the first time we've had members of the Outlet management go behind our backs, we contacted our ASM and it went to the higherups who chased these rumours for us, which they denied.

I've been on holiday all week and there was a meeting between my Area Sales Manager and my coworkers while I've been gone. I got a call from my manager yesterday asking to come in. She wouldn't normally do that (especially while someone's on holiday) unless it was important, so I was like "Yeah I'll pop in first thing", just to avoid the mad rush. I went in this morning and they tell me we've been evicted from the Outlet we lease from. We've been given 2 weeks notice and our deliveries have been stopped.

The thing that fucks me off the most is that the Outlet denied it until now. The reason they're getting rid of us (though they've not outright stated it, but it's obvious) is that we're not "high-end", or in other words we're too cheap so we don't make a lot of cash compared to higher end stores, and getting money through VAT and leases is what they want. But what pisses me off even more than that is a shop that sells fucking baked potatoes is replacing us. They stay but we don't? People go to our store because we're cheap. This also comes after their investor visit went really well and told us that other stores should follow our window display example.

But I digress; I have the choice of either redundancy, or transferring to another store. I'm leaning more toward redundancy because travel is expensive, christmas is a fucking joke and I've moaned a bit too much about the company I work for in the past, but I'll see what my options are when our ASM comes in next week.

22nd October
Work colleague driving me up the bend. I remind her to not wander off when in the middle of a transaction a little too often.
Yes you can help that lady with her shopping, but focus on the task at hand first. The guy you were serving on the till was literally waiting to pay and you were just about to walk off to help someone else. *facedesk*

Not only that but she keeps trying to leave early which I always deny, yet she tries anyway.
"See you later Mike!"
"Hang on, you have 15 minutes left."
*she heads back in to the staff room and drops off her stuff again*

And the toilet breaks... oh my word. When she first started she kept leaving the shop to go to the toilet but she always chose to do it at a bad time, and always multiple times over the course of only a four hour shift. It took the piss (pun not intended) so I had to talk to her and basically banned her from leaving the shop and told her to use our one, since nobody else has problems with it. Her excuse was that we had no bog roll, so I told her to make sure that we always have some and if we're running low, buy it from ASDA and we can reimburse her through petty cash. But when I got there today she tried leaving the store again to go to the toilet, and told her to check if we had any bog roll first. Lo and behold, a full packet of it.

This among other things. And I have this tomorrow as well. Yay.

That, and generally busy day. Had customers right up until close so I had little time to tidy. Took me loudly locking the door for them to get the hint.
I like the Bulbapedia Discord server because I can talk about Pokémon to my heart's content.

The problem?
The moderators.

Forum Image: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/380502896933994507/399710544757522445/Untitled.png

Fucking christian servers and their overzealous mods. I've had one of these cunts completely derail a conversation I was in because I said something they saw as breaking a rule. Forced the previous conversation back.
Back at work tomorrow.
Friend of mine (who I have feelings for but she does not seem to share them) dislikes heavily my ball jointed doll American Civil War displays, and kept saying how the confederate battle flag was a white supremacy thing and all that and how I should get rid of it.
If it was any of my other friends I'd have told them to get fucked (and have). With her, well I didn't tell her to get fucked but I am not getting rid of it.
I think she also creeped my facebook page since she won't friend me on facebook since I think I embarrass her.
It's becoming like all the lousy parts of a relationship and none of the good parts.
Bending the knee will only open the floodgates. She isn't getting me to throw out that flag.
Sat working on a History paper due in a week. Sat and worked on it for 5 hours, and did a spongebob with the only words on the paper being "The Women"
Princess Molestia wrote...
Friend of mine (who I have feelings for but she does not seem to share them) dislikes heavily my ball jointed doll American Civil War displays, and kept saying how the confederate battle flag was a white supremacy thing and all that and how I should get rid of it.
If it was any of my other friends I'd have told them to get fucked (and have). With her, well I didn't tell her to get fucked but I am not getting rid of it.
I think she also creeped my facebook page since she won't friend me on facebook since I think I embarrass her.
It's becoming like all the lousy parts of a relationship and none of the good parts.
Bending the knee will only open the floodgates. She isn't getting me to throw out that flag.

Sounds like a lousy friend and your feelings are misplaced. Be careful, having rose-tinted glasses yet being fully aware of the person's flaws make you do stupid things. I should know.
In their infinite wisdom, the higherups at my workplace has decided to have us mix in a set of kid's books on a deal in with a section of kid's books dedicated to another deal. The deals are mutually exclusive. I can't see this going wrong at all.

As a failsafe, I opted to use different stickers on the ones we added today because some goddamn reason the stickers on both offers are almost identical, and that's just screaming for some retard to go into lawyer mode and grilling me about how I should honor the deal and how it's "false advertising", and that they're going to file a complaint to our company, and blah blah blah shit I've heard before. Fuck what my manager says, I'm in all weekend and I'm not dealing with that the entire time.
I realize that I probably have depression and that my everyday work is extremely reptitiony but hey that's everyone.
Even if the semester is getting close to the end, with all these papers and studying I have to do, I feel as if it will never end. And with my procrastination levels on max, I feel as if I wont get shit done