Greatest Hate of All (Parody)

Greatest Hate of All

A Parody of 'Greatest Love of All'

One of my favorite songs of all time. Written by George Benson and popularized by the late Whitney Houston. Its lyrics taught a lot of souls the beautiful meaning of self-reliance.

I interpret the song as such, until one day—I was having a real bad day and figured out a bit of stuff.

What if, we reversed the positive meaning of the lyrics into a negative one?

Not meant as offense in any way, just for fun.

Spoiler:

I believe the children are our mistake
Teach them well and let them repeat your (meaningless) life.
Show them all the beauty you want them to fake
Give them a sense of duty
To make it easier (for you)
Let the children's sadness, remind us how we used to be.

Everybody's searching for a villain
People need someone they could all blame
I always found everyone who didn't meet my needs (standards).
A crowded place to be
And so I learned to depend on them

I decided a long ago, I will just walk in my parents' shadows
If I fail, if I screwed up
At least I could blame them for all I care.
No matter what they take from me
My dignity is no longer here.
Because the greatest, hate of all.
Is happening to me.
I found the greatest, hate of all
Inside of me.
The greatest, hate of all.
Is easy to achieve.
Learning to hate yourself
It is the greatest, hate of all.

And if, by chance that ordinary place
I've had nightmares of
Led me to a crowded place
Where I lost myself, in hate.
leonard267 FAKKU Non-Writer
I thought this was a parody of what Xenon wrote a few years back! Do you still remember The Greatest Love of All?!
I totally forgot 'bout that, I remember a story about two teenagers having sex in the beach tho
leonard267 FAKKU Non-Writer
high_time wrote...
I totally forgot 'bout that, I remember a story about two teenagers having sex in the beach tho

I remembered a queen dooming her entire dominion, subjecting her subjects to the fate of being thralls to some demented sorceress, and imperiling them to the vagaries of anarchy, all because she loved her husband.
leonard267 wrote...
high_time wrote...

I remembered a queen dooming her entire dominion, subjecting her subjects to the fate of being thralls to some demented sorceress, and imperiling them to the vagaries of anarchy, all because she loved her husband.

all i say, the queen must have a lot of screw loose
Xenon FAKKU Writer
Ah, that Valentines event entry a few years back. Good times, good times.

Anyway, this is certainly an interesting interpretation of the original. I wish I was more musically-inclined to be able to interpret the hidden meanings behind lyrics and tune. Alas, I struggle even with poetry when it comes to those sorts of matters. The only thing I can say is whether or not your interpretation sounds pleasant enough to me personally, and it does not. But that's the intention, because your aim was to take a song about positivity and make it about negativity instead. So, in that respect, you succeeded! Well done.
Xenon wrote...
Ah, that Valentines event entry a few years back. Good times, good times.

Anyway, this is certainly an interesting interpretation of the original. I wish I was more musically-inclined to be able to interpret the hidden meanings behind lyrics and tune. Alas, I struggle even with poetry when it comes to those sorts of matters. The only thing I can say is whether or not your interpretation sounds pleasant enough to me personally, and it does not. But that's the intention, because your aim was to take a song about positivity and make it about negativity instead. So, in that respect, you succeeded! Well done.

thanks for dropping by :D

rather than merely plain negativity, this parody might also be a tongue-in-cheek to my own life. i was quite indecisive about what i wanna do and just let my parents decide which best for me. i ended up being in a situation where i was forced to work hard on things i didn't especially like--just akin to what my parents went through in most of their lives. in my case, i was working to better myself as an adult so I could actually work on something i actually had passion of.

the first part could be interpreted as someone who lived a terrible life due to a bad parenting, and they thought to never leave a next generation to suffer the same thing (read this from a depressing post in reddit about someone who wanted to kill themselves due to being fed up with their job)

https://www.reddit.com/r/depression/comments/47573x/id_rather_die_than_work/

reading their depressing posts though, reminds me that there's a lot more people who had it harder than i did, and I want to take a path in which I was able to get by comfortably in this harsh life. that's all. if there's anything i find worth working hard, it's about striving towards that goal. some people could work whilst keeping their own labor of love by side, as for me, it just couldn't work xD

in a way, it could be taken as something negative and positive depending on how one decided to act upon it. if upon expressing their fed-up feelings, they decided to change their lives for the better, it might actually be a somewhat positive message :D
Xenon FAKKU Writer
high_time wrote...
thanks for dropping by :D

rather than merely plain negativity, this parody might also be a tongue-in-cheek to my own life. i was quite indecisive about what i wanna do and just let my parents decide which best for me. i ended up being in a situation where i was forced to work hard on things i didn't especially like--just akin to what my parents went through in most of their lives. in my case, i was working to better myself as an adult so I could actually work on something i actually had passion of.

the first part could be interpreted as someone who lived a terrible life due to a bad parenting, and they thought to never leave a next generation to suffer the same thing (read this from a depressing post in reddit about someone who wanted to kill themselves due to being fed up with their job)

https://www.reddit.com/r/depression/comments/47573x/id_rather_die_than_work/

reading their depressing posts though, reminds me that there's a lot more people who had it harder than i did, and I want to take a path in which I was able to get by comfortably in this harsh life. that's all. if there's anything i find worth working hard, it's about striving towards that goal. some people could work whilst keeping their own labor of love by side, as for me, it just couldn't work xD

in a way, it could be taken as something negative and positive depending on how one decided to act upon it. if upon expressing their fed-up feelings, they decided to change their lives for the better, it might actually be a somewhat positive message :D

Ah, thank you for explaining that, high! That's just amazing, I thought it was merely a simple parody, but hearing about how you made it to reflect some aspects of your life is something I didn't pick up on and am glad you mentioned them. You're right, the struggle we have these days to find fulfillment is something our parents didn't have as intensely because they might have been thrust into their lives and positions without much thought of alternative. We, the generation born into the information age, are aware of the depressing matters of finding fulfillment and self-actualization. It is a gift, but also a curse. Hopefully you and I will find contentment in whatever we dedicate ourselves towards in the future. In that regard, I wish you luck and success! Also, thinking about how your entry can be a positive one if the individual decides to change their life for the better also made me think twice and appreciate it more. Nicely done and well stated.
Xenon wrote...

Ah, thank you for explaining that, high! That's just amazing, I thought it was merely a simple parody, but hearing about how you made it to reflect some aspects of your life is something I didn't pick up on and am glad you mentioned them. You're right, the struggle we have these days to find fulfillment is something our parents didn't have as intensely because they might have been thrust into their lives and positions without much thought of alternative. We, the generation born into the information age, are aware of the depressing matters of finding fulfillment and self-actualization. It is a gift, but also a curse. Hopefully you and I will find contentment in whatever we dedicate ourselves towards in the future. In that regard, I wish you luck and success! Also, thinking about how your entry can be a positive one if the individual decides to change their life for the better also made me think twice and appreciate it more. Nicely done and well stated.

thanks for the kind words, i also wish the best for you :D

i actually didn't pay much thought when i parodied the song, the stuff just clicked to me as i tried re-reading these.

yeah, my parents came from a generation where all those source of information and inspiration like internet didn't exist. they just strive for a simple goal to raise a family and provide for their children, expecting them to do the same--ah ye, i never thought about it until you mentioned those. i guess it's difficult to think on their shoes especially since i tend to act selfish, not just due to generation gap of information age.