[Manga] Rate the last manga you finished

Pages Prev123
623 FAKKU QA
pihip wrote...
Revenge Classroom - 6.5/10

This had some interesting potential when it started, but the ending kinda messed everything up. Shame.

I dropped this after the, like, year long hiatus and once the updates were 70+ pages. The plot was starting to get weird and off-track too. Good to know I didn't miss anything.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa - 8.5/10
This manga is one of my favorite rom coms and it didn't disappoint with the ending, thank god. There was one "arc" that probably could have been left out or condensed and some parts were a little overly dramatic, but thankfully those were few and far between. This was a consistently funny manga with a satisfying romance story that didn't fall into typical harem traps or dick tease you forever (looking at you, Nisekoi). I'm buying the official manga as they come out and it's still funny to reread. Highly recommended for fans of rom com.
Ousama Game Kigen - 6/10

A somewhat nice manga, nothing great but not terrible either, though some could see it as a Higurashi ripoff. Far better than the original Ousama Game (Kigen being a prequel).
perv-kohai Mommy Milker Arc
I haven't read much lately because I been watching a lot of anime from new to old.
Though the last manga I finish reading was Pluto (Pluto: Urasawa x Tezuka).
Loved it. I recommended especially as is a short series.
I'm into thrillers and Naoki Urasawa does it well.

As well, I finish Shiver a collection of small stories from Junji Ito.
I'm a big fan of Junji Ito's work and I really liked that in this book
he gives backstory on how he created each individual story.
Though, if you had read the entire collection of Tomie stories
you will see one of those stories in the Shiver book.
Tokyo Ghoul :re - 7.5/10

Definitely inferior to the original. Still worth it imho, but the more it went on the more questionable choices were made in terms of narrative and pacing. No idea if the fandom overestimated Ishida, or if someone higher told him to cut stuff (there was plenty of room to explore subplots that were left untouched).
Hanakaku - The Last Girl Standing
Rating: 8/10

I felt that it ended way too soon and that could be seen by how the final chapter indicated the desire to continue. I'm guessing that it was cancelled, but I am unsure. It's a decent MMA manga, due to the fact that it's the only MMA fighting manga I have ever read.
Genocidal Organ - 8.5/10

Much better than the anime movie, also short at 3 volumes so easily readable in a couple hours. A bit of a cynical read though, and a harsh critic to modern, post-9/11 society.

EDIT 04/10/2018

Puella Magi Suzune Magica - 6.5/10

A nice read that's also short (takes less than two hours), but adds nothing unique or new to the Madokaverse and, in fact, does not involve any of the main cast (except Kyubey but Kyubey is everywhere).

EDIT 28/03/2019

Deadman Wonderland - 9.5/10

Does not get a perfect score only because of some minor crap in the early volumes, but it was a great ride overall. Shame they never did a proper anime or OVA adaptation (it exists, but it barely adapts a third of the story).
Nisekoi 7.4/10
Urusei Yatsura 10/10

Classic, helped define tsundere type, Rumiko Takahashi series tend to be my favorites
Btooom! 8/10 Well, I've read the "Good End" version, haven't read the "Bad End" version yet.
Angel Densetsu. 7/10

Very enjoyable from beginning to end. I really didn't want it to end, but the author wanted to move onto Claymore.

The premise is pretty good too. Seiichiro Kitano is a polite, conscientious, and compassionate young man who has recently transferred to a new school. Unfortunately, he has a monstrously frightening face in the wrong light. And the right light. In any light, really, the dude's naturally intimidating because of his overbite, narrow pupils, lack of eyebrows, and slicked back yakuza hair. He also has crippling social anxiety that causes him to scream when nervous.

As a result, despite his best efforts, everyone is fucking terrified of him. He's so used to people attacking him unprovoked that he mastered the ability of absorbing blows to tire his attackers out while also giving the impression that no matter how hard you hit him, he cannot be hurt. Add to that going to a school with a subculture of delinquents and martial artists, and hilarity ensues. Read it, it's great.
Chainsaw man: 9/10
ShinZero wrote...
Angel Densetsu. 7/10

Very enjoyable from beginning to end. I really didn't want it to end, but the author wanted to move onto Claymore.

The premise is pretty good too. Seiichiro Kitano is a polite, conscientious, and compassionate young man who has recently transferred to a new school. Unfortunately, he has a monstrously frightening face in the wrong light. And the right light. In any light, really, the dude's naturally intimidating because of his overbite, narrow pupils, lack of eyebrows, and slicked back yakuza hair. He also has crippling social anxiety that causes him to scream when nervous.

As a result, despite his best efforts, everyone is fucking terrified of him. He's so used to people attacking him unprovoked that he mastered the ability of absorbing blows to tire his attackers out while also giving the impression that no matter how hard you hit him, he cannot be hurt. Add to that going to a school with a subculture of delinquents and martial artists, and hilarity ensues. Read it, it's great.

yeah angel densetsu is reallly fun. Glad you enjoyed it
Anita7054 Cannon Fodder
623 wrote...
pihip wrote...

This had some interesting potential when it started, but the ending kinda messed everything up. Shame.

I dropped this after the, like, year long hiatus and once the updates were 70+ pages. The plot was starting to get weird and off-track too. Good to know I didn't miss anything.

This manga is one of my favorite rom coms and it didn't disappoint with the ending, thank god. There was one "arc" that probably could have been left out or condensed and some parts were a little overly dramatic, but thankfully those were few and far between. This was a consistently funny manga with a satisfying romance story that didn't fall into typical harem traps or dick tease you forever (looking at you, Nisekoi). I'm buying the official manga as they come out and it's still funny to reread. Highly recommended for fans of rom com.

Ayyyy I love Jitsu wa Watashi wa I have the whole english collection
623 FAKKU QA
Anita7054 wrote...
623 wrote...
pihip wrote...

Ayyyy I love Jitsu wa Watashi wa I have the whole english collection

Same, I got the last volume around Christmas or whenever it came out. One of the few series I committed to completing.
Pages Prev123