youtube gaming vs twitch.tv

Pages 12Next
id like to see you're input on YouTube gaming vs. twitch.tv
personally I'm on twitch's side with it being my main source of gaming entertainment. I know there is a lot of money to be won since gaming tournaments are being streamed like league of legends, StarCraft, and csgo. google vs. amazon what do you think?
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
I'm hoping that it'll breed a healthy competition between the two brands.

I'm sure it'll be a rocky start for youtube, especially with copyright claims. If they manage to get some exclusivity deals with their more famous personalities, then things could go well.

I can see it eventually tilting towards youtube, since it has a better archive system in place. I guess it depends how twitch solves this problem.
that makes sense seeing how if they get they're heavy hitters like Pewdipie, Markiplier, and such and such to use their streaming service. that it'll become more popular.in the public eye.
As said before competition is always good.

Instead of whether its good or bad I instead wonder what kind of features Youtube gaming will roll out.

They have to improve on the already pretty good Twitch.tv model at least enough that people and streamers will be willing go through the effort of swapping. The easiest (and most boring for us) option I can see is Youtube providing incentive for streamers in the form of friendlier partner T&C, cash incentives, etc.

There is also the added convenience of not having to separate out your stream and upload to Youtube piece by piece for hours on end. Since its all already on the system they can just immediately put out videos from the live streams like how Twitch makes highlights.
FinalBoss #levelupyourgrind
I prefer twitch. I tried Youtube and it took forever for them just to process the stream.
Tsujoi wrote...
I can see it eventually tilting towards youtube, since it has a better archive system in place. I guess it depends how twitch solves this problem.

a little necro but the way ive seen twitch users handle this is they will just upload either huge chunks of video as an archive of long streams to youtube, create highlight reels to upload to youtube, or just not bother at all.

personally i am just getting into twitch after using youtube for content for the longest time and am loving both presentations right now
Saw this shared today.

I prefer twitch in most cases, but find the video player likes to stutter quite a bit for me. Also it is nice that twitch will generally not delete vods for copyrighted material (like music) but will just mute the volume for the duration of the music.
Neither, hate them both.
i like either one. really just depends on the streamer
I prefer twitch but that might just be because it's what I'm used to
Id have to go with twitch.
Twitch is so much better
I spend a lot of time on YouTube, so I wish their streaming was good, but it's not.

Twitch is just so much better looking.
they're both pretty good, twitch just has a better UI atm
twitch for streaming

youtube for videos (and streams if the creator is not on twitch)
Twitch seems to have a larger variety since it is more focused.
would be nice for youtube streaming to get better just so twitch has to get better tbh
I've been watching twitch for some time now
YouTube all the way
Pages 12Next