Long distance.

I recently moved to the US from home and me and my girlfriend now have 15300km separating us. A lot of LDRs I know were together for a while before going long distance, but our frist year anniversary is coming up and we've been apart more months than we were together.

A lot of my peers in school talk about how they miss their girls back 'home' when home is a couple hours upstate or a couple states away. It's like there's a disconnect between my definition of long distance and theirs. The time difference makes it hard, but it's missing the warmth and the closeness that really makes it suck. Desite all that, I love her and we're constantly trying to work out how to get me home for a while or how she can come visit.

Didn't really need advice, just wanted to share with a different kind of crowd.
I totally get it how you feel. Well except the warmth part, but that is only because me and girlfriend havent officially met yet. We video chat over Skype and decided that this would be the year we met, but I digress. I am posting on here because I have a question.

Do you ever think you might be making a mistake by have a relationship long-distance. I dont think it is a love issue, its just my girlfriend says I should be looking more locally for someone that can make me happy. And I guess that is fair, we dont have a lot in common, im a bit impatient for thing, and we honestly since we have never met I guess she is prepared in case things go wrong. And I mean I have looked around but the more I do, the more I feel as if I am making a mistake hoping for someone I really love is the one I love.

Sorry, didnt mean to go rambling on. I just wanted some advice from someone already in a true LDR