FAKKU Games Download Manager

Pages 12Next
One thing that became obvious through our release of Honey Select Unlimited, is our need for a better way to serve downloads of large games. Over the past week I've been working on a download manager for games that should make the whole process of downloading a game and updating it, a lot easier.

Is this something you'd all like for us to release? If so, are there any additional features you'd like to see?

fakku-download-manager.jpg
Seems like something that will be very useful if you continue to localize large games. Appreciate the work in implementing it.
Absolutely. 100% need this.
Yep, managing updates would be much smoother for everyone this way. Also might be worth adding a support form built in so people can get help.
Would it be possible to add a checkbox in the Download Manager or Store Library for each individual purchased product

- to receive an e-mail when new product patches or new add-ons, dlc etc. are available
This would be incredibly useful especially if it would auto-patch hotfixes and updates instead of having to check the forums everyday
Definitely a good idea!

(curious about the code you pixellated now!)
Hopefully updating games would be "diff patching" style and not "download 4+GB again" style, please =D
If you're making a download manager, you might as well take it a step further and make it a full fledged launcher.
msPaint wrote...
If you're making a download manager, you might as well take it a step further and make it a full fledged launcher.

That sounds like a great idea!
Turrua ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
+1 would be better to be able to quickly get patches this way, than going through the website.
Definitely would be useful to have a downloadable marketplace app like Steam has. Also would be great to add a mod section for you games within the app to make finding custom made content way easier than having to search the web for them.
Kev_de_Qc Hentai Lover
I'm actually interested in a full fledge Launcher with features such as auto-patching and a decent library/store UI. Like someone said before me, this would be a MUST in the future when we'll be getting more games on Fakku.

But as I've never programmed a launcher before, I don't know if the effort put in programming compared to what we're getting is actually worth it. I guess that's all up to you guys :P !
itsdapoleece Probably not a cop
Definitely for a downloader/launcher. Definitely wouldn't expect something like this out the gate but down the road a community guides function would be really cool.
We absolutely need this.
A platform that acts as a safe haven for lewd japanese games sounds like the best idea I've heard in quite a while. Or at least that's what I hope this concept will eventually turn into.
I hope it's not written in .Net or if it is, it's optional.
.Net doesn't work in wine, so every mandatory game launcher using it is a huge problem for Linux users.
With Honey Select you can luckily very easily skip the launcher (just edit the setup.xml manually and then start the Honey Select exe directly).
Matombo wrote...
.Net

ew.
Probably asking too much, but it would be cool if the launcher could also act as a mod manager of sorts on select games, or really just Honey Select right now. Nexus Mod Manager has made some good stuff. Particularly I like the functionality of protecting the original files of the game if a mod doesn't work.
A download manager would make things easier. you would get updates faster.
Pages 12Next