Loli’s

Can we get a loli book sometime in the near future?
benthehobo The Poor Fool
I want one too.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
Well hanafuda is coming out soon from what the staff been saying and there bosshi xxx mix. I think jacob and the publishing team is working out the kinks with the payment in and outside I believe. Could be wrong. I just remember that was said and ntr2 book issue.
YQII FAKKU Translator
I'll be honest with you, that's very unlikely. There are essentially two major hurdles:

First off, most artists and publishers will flat out refuse to let anyone license this sort of content outside of Japan. We've even tried to get books with no explicit material, but just because it's published under a label associated with explicit content, it's off limits. Secondly, even if we did get a license, it's virtually impossible to sell the title, as no company is willing to process payments for this kind of content. Most won't even touch adult content at all.

One of the first titles we tried to get was a book from a highly-requested artist, but that request was rejected. When we got another title (NTR2) we ran into the other problem and had to give up on that license. And please realize that the hurdles we're up against are not legal, but purely based on morals. This situation is sadly unlikely to change until we see a major shift in how society looks at this kind of content, both in Japan and in the West.

Finally, I want to stress that politics and a fear of public outrage has nothing to do with this (on our end). That a completely separate can of worms, but that's not what stands in our way currently. I want to explicitly mention that so that no one thinks that's the implied takeaway from this.
YQII wrote...
I'll be honest with you, that's very unlikely. There are essentially two major hurdles:

First off, most artists and publishers will flat out refuse to let anyone license this sort of content outside of Japan. We've even tried to get books with no explicit material, but just because it's published under a label associated with explicit content, it's off limits. Secondly, even if we did get a license, it's virtually impossible to sell the title, as no company is willing to process payments for this kind of content. Most won't even touch adult content at all.

One of the first titles we tried to get was a book from a highly-requested artist, but that request was rejected. When we got another title (NTR2) we ran into the other problem and had to give up on that license. And please realize that the hurdles we're up against are not legal, but purely based on morals. This situation is sadly unlikely to change until we see a major shift in how society looks at this kind of content, both in Japan and in the West.

Finally, I want to stress that politics and a fear of public outrage has nothing to do with this (on our end). That a completely separate can of worms, but that's not what stands in our way currently. I want to explicitly mention that so that no one thinks that's the implied takeaway from this.

So why wasn't this posted earlier when people asked about more "loli" content? There really needs to be clear guidelines for books that fakku can get and better communicate with consumers to let them know what books can be suggested instead of just dead silence.
While I appreciate the honesty here, this is incredibly frustrating to hear. I have made a point of buying every fakku book release, including content I dont much care for, because I wanted to support the potential future content I did want. Specifically a loli release. Perhaps this was stupid on my part, but I always felt like it was possible since no one really specified that it wasnt. To hear this now, I dont know. I love what fakku does and I want to continue to support. I just wish there had been this sort of honesty long ago.
YQII FAKKU Translator
MakoVII wrote...
While I appreciate the honesty here, this is incredibly frustrating to hear.

Believe me, it's frustrating for us as well. As with most business dealings, you can't really talk about it publicly until you reach some kind of agreement. That's especially true when it comes to touchy subjects such as this one. We've actively worked on this for the last five years behind the scenes, hoping that we could eventually find a solution. However, by now we've pretty much exhausted most of our available options.

I'm sorry to anyone who feel disappointed hearing this, and all I can say is that we'll keep trying. But after five years of trying, all we have to show for it are a bunch of closed doors, and not much else left for us to try. We don't like this outcome, but it's the unfortunate reality that we find ourselves in. We've had to accept that, which is why I'm also sharing it with you now. Again, we haven't give up, but it's looking pretty bleak at this point.
Drifter995 Neko//Night
YQII wrote...
MakoVII wrote...
While I appreciate the honesty here, this is incredibly frustrating to hear.

Believe me, it's frustrating for us as well. As with most business dealings, you can't really talk about it publicly until you reach some kind of agreement. That's especially true when it comes to touchy subjects such as this one. We've actively worked on this for the last five years behind the scenes, hoping that we could eventually find a solution. However, by now we've pretty much exhausted most of our available options.

I'm sorry to anyone who feel disappointed hearing this, and all I can say is that we'll keep trying. But after five years of trying, all we have to show for it are a bunch of closed doors, and not much else left for us to try. We don't like this outcome, but it's the unfortunate reality that we find ourselves in. We've had to accept that, which is why I'm also sharing it with you now. Again, we haven't give up, but it's looking pretty bleak at this point.

Would it be possible in like a semi long term adventure to sell from japan as well?
Then you don't have to worry about the whole selling illegal content from america, and risking the business, also don't have to worry about businesses not selling to you outside of japan.

Actually, maybe work with j-list on that? They could get the contracts or something, and maybe work with you guys to get some translators and what not, and sell through them with you as the publisher?
That'd get you past a few hindrances in theory
I appreciate the honesty, I know the hurdles must be frustrating. Like the person earlier in the thread, I’m trying to support every Fakku release, even for things I’m not personally interested, because I think what you do is great and also in the hopes to see more of the things I DO like.

I’m just wondering, if one of the issues is being unable to sell “obscene” content on major payment platforms or being unable to ship it, would it be possible to have limited print runs that are exclusive to Fakku’s con appearances like AX? Just a thought.
YQII FAKKU Translator
Drifter995 wrote...
Would it be possible in like a semi long term adventure to sell from japan as well?

The main issue with this is that it the content couldn't possibly be uncensored. Attempts have been made to run similar businesses in the past, and those have often ended in arrests. And even if we operate out of Japan, that wouldn't change the publishers reluctance when it comes to licensing this material for the overseas market, which we're clearly targeting if the books are in English. Trying to "trick the system" any some way would likely have very negative consequences in the long run.

cev229 wrote...
if one of the issues is being unable to sell “obscene” content on major payment platforms or being unable to ship it, would it be possible to have limited print runs that are exclusive to Fakku’s con appearances like AX? Just a thought.

Well, that's one of the issues, but we can't sell something if we don't have a license for it. Should Japan change their mind on this matter, the next question is if conventions would allow us to sell these sort of books at their venue. Finally, it might not be financially viable to produce and sell only a couple hundred copies.

I appreciate the suggestions, and I'll take them with me for any future meetings we'll have on the topic. I apologize if I come of as dismissive, but just know that when I say we've been working on this internally for the last couple years, I mean it. If there was an easy solution, I don't think we'd be this discussion right now.
Drifter995 Neko//Night
YQII wrote...
Drifter995 wrote...

The main issue with this is that it the content couldn't possibly be uncensored. Attempts have been made to run similar businesses in the past, and those have often ended in arrests. And even if we operate out of Japan, that wouldn't change the publishers reluctance when it comes to licensing this material for the overseas market, which we're clearly targeting if the books are in English. Trying to "trick the system" any some way would likely have very negative consequences in the long run.

I think people would be fine with some censored work if it's stuff they couldn't otherwise get. As long as it's translated, and the quality is as top notch as it currently is.
Even just uncensor it/ decensor it on the website or something for digital.
Cause, even the ones that were censored and out there were pretty average (not sure about current competitors), so it'd still be leagues above, but you'd also be able to work with those subjects that aren't legally viable in america/ the west, at the loss of censoring, but as said, I doubt people would mind too much about copping censoring as long as they got the content.
Means expanding, and more content, and in theory more money. Win win.
And as said, if you worked with say j-list (assuming that's viable), could save yourself some money.
See what old beardy mans says
YQII wrote...

I can't say I'm surprised at printers being reluctant to print loli stuff, but it's still frustrating. Is it possible to release digital-only versions the way that doujin releases are done? At least until a printer is found that is willing to print that material.
YQII FAKKU Translator
derman190 wrote...
I can't say I'm surprised at printers being reluctant to print loli stuff [...] Is it possible to release digital-only versions?

The problem (right now) is with Japanese publishers and Western payment processors, so digital only is not an option.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
Drifter995 wrote...

I think people would be fine with some censored work if it's stuff they couldn't otherwise get. As long as it's translated, and the quality is as top notch as it currently is.
Even just uncensor it/ decensor it on the website or something for digital.
Cause, even the ones that were censored and out there were pretty average (not sure about current competitors), so it'd still be leagues above, but you'd also be able to work with those subjects that aren't legally viable in america/ the west, at the loss of censoring, but as said, I doubt people would mind too much about copping censoring as long as they got the content.
Means expanding, and more content, and in theory more money. Win win.
And as said, if you worked with say j-list (assuming that's viable), could save yourself some money.
See what old beardy mans says

Still have the same problem with the Japanese companies not wanting to license the loli to the gaijin. I think they're more worried about the repercussions of foreign laws and saving face... even though loli is legal in the red white and blue between the frostback moose lands and the taco shop district. Remember they're putting the loli and hentai in the back for the Olympics and 7/11 and Lawson is removed the hentai permanently.

Look at nymphet. They was going to print kodomo no jikan years before dmp did their 4 year journey to print a few thousand books. Seven seas had plans and they couldn't get it out claiming they were dealing with backlash over the series' controversial nature and were stuck on what to do, and delayed the release of the series until they could have "an open dialogue with the large book chains and other vendors".

If a simple manga with a sexual harassment by a loli and one scene of a 16 yr old getting bang by her ex teacher was enough to shake the manga industry, think how a censored hentai and credit card companies would be.

Now like PayPal and other adult site they can trick them, but Jacob said it risky and we're not going to do it, we just have to wait until a new option is announced or the credit card companies to chill. Money orders? We go back to the Sears catalog or early ebay.

My opinion. Fuck do I need a iv of espresso to wake me up. My resin filled blob my mind became is half wake, half stoned and half meh.... wait ... what was I saying.
Damn man that’s really disappointing. I also like the others in this topic have purchased many of the books even if I didn’t like them much in hope of a Loli book. I hope these hurdles can be overcome eventually. It’s crazy but I understand why some people wouldn’t want to publish loli content because it’s in that moral gray area. I wish those companies would just realize that loli’s exist on a 2 dimensional plane aka they don’t exist lol
I'll keep my fingers crossed !
YQII wrote...

I was wondering, did you guys had to deal with the same huddle when you guys publish "Cherry and Gal"? I was asking because the two genre is similar. Thanks.
YQII FAKKU Translator
RX2DHero wrote...
did you guys had to deal with the same huddle when you guys publish "Cherry and Gal"? I was asking because the two genre is similar.

You'd think, but the two are treated fairly differently in this regard. All I can say on the subject is we should be happy for the small victories we can get.
As much as it annoys me, I can definitely understand the multiple issues with publishing loli stuff stateside, or really, anywhere outside of Japan. I can only hope that things eventually change. Thankfully, there are other fantastic books and artists that can fill the void until then.
Cat-ness NekoMancer
Just out of curiosity I was wondering how it sits with some of the books. Like "A body for play," "Ecchi Sketch!," "Honey pot Style," and Bosshi's XXX Mix all have loli chapters is their like a page limit for the content. XXX Mix is like 90 pages loli

I would love to see Henreader, but Noise books might get a pass mostly opai loli