FAKKU Reader Help, Feedback and Bug Report Thread

Kisuka wrote...
Shiro2809 wrote...
It feels weird to have the 'Back' option in the top left along with the 'Info' on the bottom take you to the same place

It's for situations where you may be visiting directly to the reader from another location (library) rather than the information page. Back would return you to your library, but info would show you the information page.

Ooh, ok. That's neat. Thanks for the info!
Could please Revert the reader Change? It just feels worse all around on both desktop and mobile.

1. One thing I noticed right now on mobile is that you can't scroll down on mobile to get to the next page anymore. Instead you have to pan the page left or right. Scrolling down felt so much better imo.

2. The overview in the new reader is basically worthless. The pages get slightly smaller, but you still have to pan to the next page like in normal way. Instead of Having a real overview like in the old reader to quickly jump to the page you want. Most of the time I used it to jump to my favorite scene, but now it's barely faster than just scrolling through normally.

3. No artist on top in desktop. Overall desktop has basically a empty header now. Fill it back with info and features like quickly jumping to other works of the author

Overall I like fakku content but this new reader makes it hard for me to enjoy it. One thing I like about the new reader however is the new page a at the end, as it makes it clear when you are finished and helps quickly jumping back to main page
Daiz FAKKU Developer
Derpet wrote...
Could please Revert the reader Change? It just feels worse all around on both desktop and mobile.

As the header say, you are using a beta reader, which is still a work in progress - you can turn it off for the time being by following the beta button link.

Derpet wrote...
1. One thing I noticed right now on mobile is that you can't scroll down on mobile to get to the next page anymore. Instead you have to pan the page left or right. Scrolling down felt so much better imo.

This is now an option - look for "Swipe Navigation Direction" in the settings. You can set it to either Horizontal (default), Vertical or Both.

Derpet wrote...
2. The overview in the new reader is basically worthless. The pages get slightly smaller, but you still have to pan to the next page like in normal way. Instead of Having a real overview like in the old reader to quickly jump to the page you want. Most of the time I used it to jump to my favorite scene, but now it's barely faster than just scrolling through normally.

The navigation page will have some additions to it, though it'll likely keep the slider design moving forward. Where exactly are you finding it slow, though? On desktop you can breeze through the slider pretty quickly with the mouse wheel, and swiping through it with fingers on mobile isn't what I'd call all that slow either.

Derpet wrote...
3. No artist on top in desktop. Overall desktop has basically a empty header now. Fill it back with info and features like quickly jumping to other works of the author

I'm definitely hearing you on this, though you can also look forward to doing this kind of stuff (ie. jumping to other works by the author) as the new end page gets more things added to it (it's very bare bones right now).

Derpet wrote...
Overall I like fakku content but this new reader makes it hard for me to enjoy it. One thing I like about the new reader however is the new page a at the end, as it makes it clear when you are finished and helps quickly jumping back to main page

As mentioned, you can look forward to being able to do more with it in the future too!
I can’t access my books from library have to search for the title instead from front page. It just keeps generic error message saying there was a problem. Using chrome on mobile
Shadow Cat Resident Yuri Fan
Not a major bug but I'll still post it here

When your in your library: /users/username/library

Clicking on the title of the book directs you to (example) /users/username/Special%20Days

What gives the error There was a problem. Page not found

Clicking on the image directs you to the correct page: /hentai/special-days-english
I found a glitch that charge me twice for FAKKU Unlimited Subscription.
The manga link below is where I trigger the glitch.
/hentai/shameless-marriage-english
I already subscribe FAKKU Unlimited,so normally after I click the manga pic at preview area,site will redirect me to manga reading mode.
However in this case, click the manga pic at preview area will redirect me to the FAKKU Unlimited Subscription options page,and after I click continue button my credit card was charged for the second time.(Might charge me for the third time if I try to click continue button at subscription options page again)
I'm using chrome on win10 btw.

If anyone found the same problem on this manga page,plz reply and let me know (not sure if this is universal) _(:з」∠)_

PS:I already send a ticket to custom support,hope they can fix it asap.
Not really a fan of the new reader and wish there would be a way to go back to the old one (thought there was but today realized I couldn't switch anymore, I think).

Several things I would note:

1) Have Title / Author / Page count at top. Not even sure why one would go from a format with it to one without.
2) Gallery, prefer thumbnails of more than just 4 per page where you have to then scroll through them. Seems clunky in my opinion. Annoying enough for single chapters, but can't imagine there even being a point to having the option in a book. Scrolling through one hundred pages one at a time is no better than just staying in the full-screen image and clicking next over and over.

Honestly, I would say that aside from slight UI changes, the update removed a lot of stuff from the old reader.
Why does the new reader have some of its most helpful features stripped out? I can't check what page I'm on or access the chapter menu from within the reader, and the browse option is a heck of a lot less convenient, especially if your internet's a little slow and images take time to load in. (I notice the title pages of each chapter of books are shown at the front end but they don't link to the pages they show, at least not in The Pollinic Girls Attack).

I've seen some people liking the autoplay feature, which is a fine thing to have I guess, but it shouldn't come at the expense of far more useful things. If I wanted this stuff to progress on its own I'd just watch anime.
Can we have a Wingman tag?

Stories like this one have an active wingman (or wing-woman in this case) setting up the protagonists.
crispycreams Your Local Pervert
The chapter select in the reader doesn't skip to the chapter but rather the page number, so when you try to go to chapter 8 at the end of a book it will take you to page 8 at the beginning.
Clicking a page thumbnail takes you to a different book chapter.

To reproduce:
1. Navigate to a chapter from a book. (Chick wrecked, for example)
2. Click on one of the page thumbnail.
3. Notice that instead of arriving at the page you clicked on, you were taken to a chapter in the book.
I just saw the new episodes uploaded and when I click on the video the player keeps bugging out and I cant watch. I'm on android
I just saw the new episodes uploaded and when I click on the video in my subscription feed or the anime tab then the player keeps bugging out. It is flickering and not loading the page correctly.If my phone is landscape
then it seems to be working better but not entirely. I can watch the video if I manage to click the play button when its flickering. I'm on a Samsung note 9 latest os.
Not sure if it’s a bug or intended but on iOS (iPhone and iPad) I cant use full screen anymore. I can on my MacBook, PC desktop, and old android phone but not on iOS. I’ve tried entering and exiting beta and it still does not work. Has this feature just been removed?
Daiz FAKKU Developer
rockb.blues wrote...
Not sure if it’s a bug or intended but on iOS (iPhone and iPad) I cant use full screen anymore. I can on my MacBook, PC desktop, and old android phone but not on iOS. I’ve tried entering and exiting beta and it still does not work. Has this feature just been removed?

Fullscreen has been disabled on iOS 12 for the time being due to reports of a constantly appearing "It looks like you are typing while in full screen" popup when scrolling or generally interacting while in fullscreen mode. It's an unfortunate false positive on Apple's end, but unfortunately not one we can do anything about right now, which is why the feature is currently disabled.
Daiz wrote...
rockb.blues wrote...

Fullscreen has been disabled on iOS 12 for the time being due to reports of a constantly appearing "It looks like you are typing while in full screen" popup when scrolling or generally interacting while in fullscreen mode. It's an unfortunate false positive on Apple's end, but unfortunately not one we can do anything about right now, which is why the feature is currently disabled.

Got it. That's a shame. From what I gathered the only time the "it looks like you are typing while in full screen" popup errors would appear is when you were at the last page of a chapter and either went back to the chapter description or attempted to browse elsewhere without exiting full screen mode first. Was there no way to force exiting full screen when leaving a chapter on your end? In my case, after I noticed this is what caused the error I just made a habit of exiting full screen on the last page of the chapter I was reading and never got an error since then.
Had to make this second account to post here at all because my actual account won't allow me access. It says my username/password is wrong (which are saved in the browser and haven't been changed), so I begrudgingly go to recover them and it says my email address is invalid even though I purchased something from here literally a week ago and the confirmation showed up in my email. I sent a support ticket in and have gotten no response, and I'm getting quite frustrated with this entire site despite having been a subscriber for several years.

What the heck is going on and why is it so difficult to get it resolved?
Taz_9000 Cafe Regular
ciarannihill_2 wrote...
Had to make this second account to post here at all because my actual account won't allow me access. It says my username/password is wrong (which are saved in the browser and haven't been changed), so I begrudgingly go to recover them and it says my email address is invalid even though I purchased something from here literally a week ago and the confirmation showed up in my email. I sent a support ticket in and have gotten no response, and I'm getting quite frustrated with this entire site despite having been a subscriber for several years.

What the heck is going on and why is it so difficult to get it resolved?

when did you send the support tickets.
bare in mind may dose ave few public holidays
I've been having this major issue with the new reader lately where on tablet hitting the full screen button jumps to the next page then after hiding the browser bar hitting okay jumps to the 3rd page making the whole reading experience quite the hassle. Is there a fix in the works for this?
cheers fakku team!

homunculus' newest work is missing after i read it a few hours ago. can't find it on the artist's or the magazine's page. was it leaked prematurely and subsequently removed? or is that an error?

also, i don't know if this is the right place to ask, but is it possible for a subscriber to change the "home" screen back to how it was? meaning that only the newest works are shown and the "popular right now" boxes and the game/doujinshi offers disappear? would be better if there's an extra page you can browse if you are interested in fakku's game or doujinshi offers. because with only two new works shown at any given time it's easy to miss some since the notification bell for new chapters doesn't work anymore.

best regards