Burial or cremation?

Pages Prev1234

whats better in respecting the dead?

Total Votes : 78

It's a hard decision, now that I think of it... I mean, a burial isn't bad, (or an open casket, for that matter, unless you met fate with an incendiary device of some sort) but the idea of rotting kinda kills it... then again, it's not like anyone will SEE your rotting flesh... (Unless your lover was a body snatcher/necrophiliac/grave robber.)

Cremation has that whole sentimental value thing going on... I mean, it's also a bit touchy, to think of someone as dust, but my dear baby sister died recently and we have her in this golden, rectangular box that I think she deserves every bit of.

I personally don't think it's odd to want your dear friend/lover/parent/dog/lemur by your side even when they're just dust on a box. It's kinda like a necklace, or a ring, you know?

One thing you gotta remember, though; When you HAVE made up your mind write a will! That way you get exactly what you want and there won't be people second-guessing your wants.
I'm an ex-Hindu, and for most of my life I had taken cremation for granted. I don't have now, nor have I ever had, strong preferences, so I might as well go with cremation. At least of the organs that are not donated.
Cremation.. Coffins are expensive, and you can keep the cremated remains to do as you see fit with(hopefully something respectful)
Cremation, but I'd still like to have an tombstone. I like knowing that something that symbolizes me is left in this world even after I die.
Green burial. Be useful to Mother Earth and give something back (be worm food).
burial.
I want a grave stone.
I want to be cremated..
guess don.t want see my body in heaven with a lots of worms on it..
also i want my ashes to scattered on a volcanic crater..
its cool \.../
Aura-Desu Beautiful and Twisted~
I would say cremation. Desu. I want my ashes to be scattered into a river or the ocean after words. Desu. I don't want to leave my body for any grave robbers to use my body for parts or "other" stuff.
I say cremation, though I want my body's disposal to involve some kind of supersonic thermal expansion. [seriously].
Well, i plan to be an organ donor, but afterwords i just want to be cremated.
Burial. Dont know why i just think my soul would feel pain if my body got burned.
Cremation. I already take up enough space in this world, why get in another corpse's way after I'm dead? That'd just be rude. Afterward, I guess I'll just request to be used as fertilizer or something.
cremation.. as a christian. God starts to create human as an ash and i think its right to go back as an ash too.. and i want to become with the nature. as my parents spread my ash in a great valley >_<
Burial IMO Can't really explain why though.
I'd say just throw me into the woods and let the wolfs eat me. I mean, why should I care what happens to me after I'm dead? I'm joking... all sides. I say Cremation but by science. The reason being is it effects the family more I feel.

When my great grandfather died, he had a burial. The whole ordeal was something that was very hard to get to. Seeing my great grandfather laying in that box, lifeless and not moving. Then carrying him away to the grave site and saying the final good-byes. I broke out in tears and so did my whole family all day. We couldn't stop crying for days and days.

My Grandfather on the other hand was Cremated and the ordeal with him was much easier to deal with I felt. You see, both my grandparents decided to donate their bodies to science and after words the body is cremated. During the memorial we had for him, it was about a month after his death. His ashes were at the memorial but without that body laying in front of us, we felt like we could move on better. Sure, it still hurt but it didn't impact my family as much as the burial did I felt.
I'd go with donating my body to science I guess, don't have much use for it when I'm dead, and no good will come of simply putting it in a hole and or burning it.

If I have to pick Burial or cremation though, I'd go with whatever is cheapest as whomever is paying for it is probably someone I'd rather have spending that money on themselves rather then me as a corpse.
I have debated this question since I was in the first grade.

The only reason I would do cremation is that eventually there will be no more room to bury the dead, and frankly it's a waste of land to begin with. Just burn the corpses and spread the ashes in the sea.

On the other hand, I'm a HUGE Egyptian mythology buff, so if I could find someone willing to mummify myself, authentic rituals and all, I would choose that.

I do have a compromise: I am an organ dealer, so they can take everything, but I want to keep my heart- i need it to be weighed against ma'at.
Pages Prev1234