Love.

Pages 123Next
I hate the idea of it. To me love is a waste of time and money. You put so much into one person then you realize you've wasted your life and you can't get it back. Also don't get married that'd fuck up your day really bad.

Anyone else agree?
Maybe I'm uttering nonsense, but, could it be that you got your heart broken really bad?

I kinda feel like that, but I admit that whenever I've been in love, I was really happy.
C13R-66Y wrote...
Maybe I'm uttering nonsense, but, could it be that you got your heart broken really bad?

I kinda feel like that, but I admit that whenever I've been in love, I was really happy.

I don't believe so. I've never been in love.
Tegumi "im always cute"
Longevity wrote...
waist

You know what's a waste?
Maybe I'm not sure m'self.
Longevity wrote...
I don't believe so. I've never been in love.

Well, there you go. Now, why is that? are you really convinced of what you stated on this topic, or is something that you came up because you've never in love maybe due to fear to be betrayed, not finding the right person, insecurity, seeing bad experiences from your familiar or friends...?

I'm just asking, because its weird to just talk so bad about something you have never tried. I mean, you don't need to kill yourself or get gang raped by a gay bad to know that you wouldn't like it, but love is not something so uncommon or dangerous. I would like to know your thoughts.
Lonely people always say this, they get so down about there own bitterness that they only point out the negatives and then they exaggerate them to the extreme. and then use words like "you have wasted your life and money" if you love the person the time, money, energy, or whatever is never a waste, did your parents waste there money putting you through school? do your friends waste there time hanging with you? I love my wife and iv never considered it a waste of time to be with her not for 1 second.
I think you are on the state of denial just like I do. BTW, I completely agree on what the two last users stated.
Nashrakh Little White Butterflies Staff
Firstbornnyc wrote...
did your parents waste there money putting you through school?

Look at the opening post again. More closely, this time. The answer is yes.
Firstbornnyc wrote...

I went to public school so no they didn't waste money on school at all. And if you mean college well they aren't going to pay a cent of the tuition so no they didn't for that either.

And as for clothing or food, as I said to my Dad when I was younger "You decided not to wear a rubber, so that's your fault"

Tegumi wrote...
Longevity wrote...
waist

You know what's a waste?

Don't be mad...someday someone will like ugly girls who are flat as a board.
Longevity wrote...
Firstbornnyc wrote...

I went to public school so no they didn't waste money on school at all. And if you mean college well they aren't going to pay a cent of the tuition so no they didn't for that either.

And as for clothing or food, as I said to my Dad when I was younger "You decided not to wear a rubber, so that's your fault"

your either missing or dodging the point.
Firstbornnyc wrote...
Longevity wrote...
Firstbornnyc wrote...

And what's your point? Because I probably am.
Longevity wrote...
Firstbornnyc wrote...
Longevity wrote...
Firstbornnyc wrote...

And what's your point? Because I probably am.

a very few amount of people grow up without being shown ANY love at all, you can say "oh i went to public school" and " I pay for my own college" but unless your parents put you up for adoption, beat your ass everyday just for breathing, got you aborted, or molested you (which could be a form of love if you look at it), I doubt you grew up unloved by your parents, and even if YOU personally did grow up this way the vast majority of people do not and if you were to interview the parents of those children none of them would consider the love they showed them a "waste of time" regardless of how the children turned out, if they do then they never really loved the children to begin with.

the point is just because you dont love anybody, and you think nobody loves you, you cant make a bold statement like "love is nothing more than a waste" and base your entire argument on your personal experience.
Kiss-Shot Soba-Scans Staff
I'm not so much against love just hate what it does to people, from what I've observed it makes them act like idiots, do stupid things due to letting their emotions and feelings get to them and treat love like some mystical and extraordinary thing.

Where as I view love as just another one of nature's tricks to get us to have sex and carry on the species, and it works pretty damn well huh?

I'm guessing someone may reply to this saying I'm also lonely and bitter about it but honestly I'd rather stay alone till my end, friends is enough me, the idea of committing my life to one single person is a thought that makes me shiver.

But hey I don't mind people do this whole love business, I just wish they'd stop with the love novel length facebook status updates, seriously?

(EDIT: this basically sums up my views http://news.softpedia.com/news/Love-Just-Another-One-of-Nature-s-Tricks-16291.shtml )
Kiss-Shot wrote...
I'm not so much against love just hate what it does to people, from what I've observed it makes them act like idiots, do stupid things due to letting their emotions and feelings get to them and treat love like some mystical and extraordinary thing.

Where as I view love as just another one of nature's tricks to get us to have sex and carry on the species, and it works pretty damn well huh?

I'm guessing someone may reply to this saying I'm also lonely and bitter about it but honestly I'd rather stay alone till my end, friends is enough me, the idea of committing my life to one single person is a thought that makes me shiver.

But hey I don't mind people do this whole love business, I just wish they'd stop with the love novel length facebook status updates, seriously?

you know there is more than 1 kind of love right? what kills me about people that post things like this is that they totally ignore the fact that you can love more than 1 person, how can love be "natures trick" to procreate? you love your parents and dont wanna procreate with them, you love your friends and dont want to have sex with them, you can have sex with a girl and never love her, by the same token you can love a girl and never touch her, when you find the person that you love you wont have to FORCE yourself to commit to just her its something that you will naturally feel like doing if you dont then you dont love her its a simple as that, love is not some trick for procreation.
Firstbornnyc wrote...
Kiss-Shot wrote...

you know there is more than 1 kind of love right? what kills me about people that post things like this is that they totally ignore the fact that you can love more than 1 person, how can love be "natures trick" to procreate? you love your parents and dont wanna procreate with them, you love your friends and dont want to have sex with them, you can have sex with a girl and never love her, by the same token you can love a girl and never touch her, when you find the person that you love you wont have to FORCE yourself to commit to just her its something that you will naturally feel like doing if you dont then you dont love her its a simple as that, love is not some trick for procreation.

I'm talking about love in the context of loving a partner, not a friend or parent in which you would not call the same love.

And yes you can have sex with a girl without loving her, I'm just saying 'love' is one of nature's many tricks to get us to reproduce. Not saying it's the only trick in the book.

And I personally haven't experienced love, I'm also saying that I personally would not want to commit, I'm not saying people shouldn't commit it's just not something I'd personally like :P

And I will still argue it's a trick to procreate, what most of our existence boils down to is to reproduce and carry on the line, same for the animals, and same for us.

I'm not going to argue with you over whether it's a trick or not (not saying you were starting an argument but I'm too lazy for us to go back and forth about this :P)
Kiss-Shot wrote...
Firstbornnyc wrote...
Kiss-Shot wrote...

I'm talking about love in the context of loving a partner, not a friend or parent in which you would not call the same love.

And yes you can have sex with a girl without loving her, I'm just saying 'love' is one of nature's many tricks to get us to reproduce. Not saying it's the only trick in the book.

And I personally haven't experienced love, I'm also saying that I personally would not want to commit, I'm not saying people shouldn't commit it's just not something I'd personally like :P

And I will still argue it's a trick to procreate, what most of our existence boils down to is to reproduce and carry on the line, same for the animals, and same for us.

I'm not going to argue with you over whether it's a trick or not (not saying you were starting an argument but I'm too lazy for us to go back and forth about this :P)

lol since you are not in the mood to argue and I clearly am, I am just going to ask 1 question and leave it alone. Do you think its possible to be in love with a girl and never once have sex with her, or better yet fall in love with a girl who is incapable of sexual relations? (I might make this a separate thread).
Of course you can be with someone long term and not have sex or reproduce but thats because we're not as simple as animals we question things, and not every trick works perfectly.

Why yes of course it's perfectly possibly, but this is due to the fact we're not as simple as animals, we have more free will and question things, so not every trick will run smoothly or even work.

And I don't mind discussing this, I just hate it when it starts to become bickering and nasty :P
Longevity wrote...
I hate the idea of it. To me love is a waste of time and money. You put so much into one person then you realize you've wasted your life and you can't get it back. Also don't get married that'd fuck up your day really bad.

Anyone else agree?

Could it be you are an aromantic?
If so you will never understand love.
dynastus wrote...
Longevity wrote...

Anyone else agree?

Could it be you are an aromantic?
If so you will never understand love.

...An aromantic? Never heard of that. But I look at things logically, I may never understand love, but people in love may never understand my views either.

Suppose that's life for you :P

(Edit - the power of google helped me discover what an aromantic is, it does sum me up well a bit.)
Pages 123Next