IF ANIME IS PROBITHED

Pages Prev12345Next
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
i be doing what i was do... black market dealing.
They will never take my waifu she lives in my heart with the power of the force.
They'll probably find me hanging from the ceiling...flicking a light bulb around to vent my frustrations.
shit.that would be horrible. i cant keep my hands from drawing,let alone watching anime.i'd most likely be sitting in a corner scratching "desu" all over the walls. anime=sanity for me. if you take that away,prepare to lose a vital organ in your sleep.
ill start a worldwide protest :D
Boys and girls, change is upon us faster than you can say, "Oh shi-."

Remember how a year ago that h-games started to change due to the fact that Japanese women were bitching about the amount of rape in the games? Action was actually taken.

Now, most of the popular manga-reading sites have been taken down, with scanlators that are beginning to back down like XLG and Snoopycool. This was an international effort to bring the internet down to its knees. Whether or not it will work, we shall see. I definitely miss reading manga online as I don't have to download each and every individual file there is for who knows how many series out there.

It won't be long before the same thing happens to anime sites, if it already hasn't happened. Technology is advancing at a seriously scary pace, and its technology that'll allow the government to gain more control over the populace since it all runs on electricity. One year ago, it was an iPhone 3GPS with a million and one applications. Now, it's a fecking iPhone 4GPS with video camera and a billion and one applications.

So how long would it take before the government started cracking down on all torrenting sites, anime included? Note that I am referring to the ability to get anime for free, as I am sure we all do, and not in the event that anime is prohibited, period. (I highly doubt that will ever happen.) The way I see it, things that used to be free are slowly being taken away from us. It's only a matter of time. The change brought to us by the rapid advancement of technology does not bode well.
G-money: Calm down. Snoopycool hasn't done anything for MONTHS (as far as Baka-Updates and I know) and XLG only dropped HotD because it got licensed by Yen Press (old-school scanlator morals, they still do exist). Manga-reading sites were probably the ones profiting the most from scanlations, so it makes sense they were taken down. It certainly doesn't help that those sites are VERY visible. Type "manga" in Google and see what you get. I've also yet to hear about an entire group getting taken down. And finally, worst-case scenario, scanlators go exclusively into IRC.
@ZeroOBk: it might seem as if I'm losing it, but taking into consideration of what has happened so far, my conjectures are looking more and more probable. I probably put on too much of a preaching tone, but I can't help but wonder what the next move will be.

As for XLG, well, they actually got the mangaka's message to stop scanlating, but I know they stop scanlating once the series is licensed. I'm just pointing out the fact that the mangakas knew about XLG says something about the awareness of illegally pirated Japanese media.
It is something to consider, the rate of crackdown has seriously been exponential. They didnt really focus too much on licensced stuff in the beginning, but now licensced stuff is out the window. Additionally, many sites are being shut down, and its getting freaking annoying to try to find enough sites to at least feel a little comfortable
Everything Animated? Or just animated shows?

prohibiting everything that has even a little would mean taking a large amount of shows (not to mention massive loss on commercials)
Underground animation, private screenings
A bleak future for all of us
Although this thread has already been created for more than a month, I am sorry I have to move it to the General Discussion section as I believe it would be more appropriate for a thread of such nature to be located over there.

The probability of anime being prohibited does exist, but right now, it is somewhat of a hypothetical scenario. I did announce I will keep an eye on Serious Discussions, so I have no choice but to move it

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Good move Gambler, no inconvenience created.

@Mangaexpert: at least someone's thinking along the same lines as I am.
That probably won't happen?If that happens I guess most of the people will go mad and start rampaging @@
Why would it be banned?
NEXUS Since 2010
Gism88 wrote...
Why would it be banned?

That's a good question, More importantly what key factor would make law makers wanna ban anime outright?
I don't even begin to understand these kinds of threads. Why the hell would anime be banned? I know it's hypothetical but really? This is not the first time I've seen this thread. IS there some kind of conspiracy against anime that I'm unaware of? (Legally of course)

I guess trying to stay on topic: I would play more VN's lol
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
Guilty Guardian wrote...
I don't even begin to understand these kinds of threads. Why the hell would anime be banned? I know it's hypothetical but really? This is not the first time I've seen this thread. IS there some kind of conspiracy against anime that I'm unaware of?

I guess trying to stay on topic: I would play more VN's lol

perverting American children with their jap logic and bait fish food.

i think OT meant the attempt to stop streaming and pirated anime
Honestly, I won't really feel like losing anything. I'm a big fan of manga, but anime? Honestly not my hobby as I prefer to read much much more than watch.
Revolution!!!! will happen (mostly made of otakus)
Pages Prev12345Next