There Is God His Name Is Valve

Ladies & Gentlemen The End of Call of Duty!

Counter Strike: Global Offensive Confirmed For Early 2012 Release

As was previously rumored, Valve has just announced Counter Strike: Global Offensive, a first person shooter targeted for the PlayStation Network, Xbox Live Arcade, and Steam for early 2012. The game is is being developed by Valve, in cooperation with Seattle-based Hidden Path Entertainment. CS: GO will expand "upon the team-based action gameplay that it pioneered when it was launched exactly 12 years ago."

CS: GO will feature new maps, characters, and weapons and will deliver updated version of classic Counter Strike content. CS: GO will also introduce new gameplay modes, matchmaking, leaderboarders, and more.

"For the past 12 years, [Counter Strike] has continued to be one of the most-played games in the world," said Doug Lombardi, VP of Marketing at Valve. "CS: GO promises to expand on CS' award-winning gameplay and deliver it to gamers on the PC as well as the next gen consoles and the Mac."

As someone who loves bunny hopping and holding my own at Long A, I am over the moon excited about this game. Let's hope that Valve sticks to the Counter Strike 1.6 roots with CS: GO.

CS: GO will be playable at this year's PAX Prime and Eurogamer Expo 2011, so as we get more information surrounding the title we'll be sure to send it along.

Also, some of you may have seen this trailer for CS: GO, but know that it's a fake! It's the original trailer for Counter Strike Online, which was released in 2008!

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/715380/counter-strike-global-offensive-confirmed-for-early-2012-release/
hmmm, this is pretty cool. But i think the gameplay of it being awesome will still stay with the cs 1.7 or source. on the pc.
I dont think Valve can count to 3

Left 4 Dead 2
Half life 2 Episode 2
Team Fortress 2
Portal 2

I have never played counter strike, but Ive watched a friend play and it looks like a lot of fun, and if its an arcade game it will be affordable, I may just pick this up.
Time to get it and get owned like I do in CS:S :D
Fine, I'll be the bad guy and say it.

Nothing can end Call of Duty. CS will not stop it, you people just need to deal with that.
You're like all the companies making MMOs thinking you can beat WoW.
It won't work. You really need to come to terms with it.
Hmmm sounds rather interesting. Going to wait for PAX videos.
artcellrox The Grey Knight :y
Kiplerr wrote...
Fine, I'll be the bad guy and say it.

Nothing can end Call of Duty. CS will not stop it, you people just need to deal with that.
You're like all the companies making MMOs thinking you can beat WoW.
It won't work. You really need to come to terms with it.

F2P games are slowly making sudden revenue rises, whereas subscription-based games are taking a small hit. WOW's subscriptions have in fact dropped in these past few months. Quite some, if I may add.

I understand that we need to be realistic, but to keep this insane world from just destroying itself, some people are choosing to dream.
I'm just waiting for Valve to come out with Half-Life 3. I mean, the game has been awesome, and needs to finish the story after they finished with Episode 2. And just on a side note, Valve makes it's games with kickass physics man.
Shinji Ex wrote...
Ladies & Gentlemen The End of Call of Duty!

Heck yeah!! bout time it was done and over with!
i watched,i came

Spoiler:
Damn you Shinji,you should let me make this topic >_>
Oh well here we go.

Counter Strike: Global Offensive is not a complete innovation compared to previous versions of Counter Strike as merely an update. Terrorist faction (Terrorist) still struggle with the anti-terrorism (Counter-Terrorist). Some old tasks will continue to appear in this version, such players set off a bomb at a map Dust and rescue hostages in map Office. Currently, there are seven maps have been confirmed in Counter Strike: Global Offensive is Dust, Dust 2, Aztec, Office, Nuke, Italy and Inferno.

However, the game will be added to the Arms Race and Demolition mode. With Arms Race, all starting with a certain weapon. After every enemy is defeated, the player will receive immediately a new and better weapons. Enemy weapons will get weaker, culminating in a gold knife. Meanwhile Demolition mode, by contrast, is based on making the group more powerful weapons and equipment after each defeat enemy players. Most advanced weapons in this category is a sniper rifle "one shot, one kill".

A relatively new weapon is also added Molotov Cocktail, also known as petrol bombs. After being thrown out, each time moving through the area causing damage, the enemy will get the corresponding damage over time.
Forum Image: https://www.fakku.net/image-404/images/1167618-LVFA7ZN.jpg
Players will have more options with their clothes,outfit too.

And dont forget the image quality, effects and movements of the characters in the game also received a lot of improvement, replacement and upgrade from the manufacturer.

In particular, the original PS3 games accept a variety of input devices such as handles, PS Move and both the keyboard and mouse.
Over.
Has anyone played it yet? I played it today and other than some connection issues I had a really fun time
how much is it
flyguy45 wrote...
how much is it

http://store.steampowered.com/app/730/

$14.99 USD
in microsoft points
I am now convinced its cool to hate COD but whatever.
I never played CS but if it is as fun as everybody says it is I might pick it up.
flyguy45 wrote...
in microsoft points

1200 points
damnit :( i got 1000
This is awesome, I haven't played CS in so long. Can't wait to pick this up for the Pc and I might pick it up for Xbox depending on how many of my friends buy this.
I've been playing it for a year now (Beta obviously), and I got bored.

Still, there were a lot of moments of fun, but still, it got boring.
flyguy45 wrote...
in microsoft points

I think it was 1200, I just ended up buying 1600 so I had spare points for any DLC I wanted