Star Trek

Which is better, original or TNG?

Total Votes : 14
Do you watch Star Trek? If so, original or TNG, which is better?
I've seen the movies, Wrath of Khan, Search for Spock, and The Voyage Home, but for the series I don't witch to start with original or next generation.
I've watched pretty much watched ever season completely, and have seen every movie multiple times. Yeah, I'm a huge Trekkie.

As for my favorite season, Deep Space Nine is by far the best. In the Pale Moonlight anyone?
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
I used to watch Next Gen and Voyager when they were still airing.
Why is it always between Original or TNG ?! Kirk or Picard ?!

Kathryn Janeway and the Voyager FTW , the Enterprise is overrated
they were both good, but not as good as star gate.
i agree that star trek was not that good compared to stargate. the reboot that got canceled was actually pretty good with its use of cg (not the movie) i think it was called Star Trek:Enterprise. But the best was probably TNG followed by Voyager then DS9. Imo the original was funny as hell but had really really badly done scenes (good compared to other stuff back then)
I've seen the movies before, but embarking on a quest to watch all the series seem like a daunting task. would totally do it just for Shatner, though.
CAPTAIN! We're picking up a spatial anomaly on sensors!

Well hell yes. ENGAGE!

I love all the 24th Century series (TNG, DS9, VOY)
I'll watch an episode of TOS now and again, but it's a little too outdated for me after watching the Galaxy class exceed Warp 9.5 and fight the borg or see the Defiant ravage everything in it's path with Quantum torpedoes and it's Phaser cannons.

To go back to White Klingons and blue phasers after watching all that, is a bit much to me. And Enterprise can "Live Long and Suck it"

The TOS movies are real good though, I've seen them all, and rewatched most recently.
My favorite is probably Star Trek IV, the Voyage Home. I have a soft spot for Time Travel stories.
I liked "The Next Generation" only because i like the bold guy as captain.
I've watched Star Trek occasionally? Never followed it, though, I watched a few of the films, caught a few of the TV shows on repeats, watched a bit of Voyager, and I quite enjoyed J.J. Abrams reboot-ish thing. But I'm certainly not devoutly into it. I know only bare basics of it and couldn't tell you anything about the plots in the serials. So... the answer is "yes." I have seen Star Trek. Because I haven't been living under a rock for the past 40 years...
Andy 117 wrote...
I've watched Star Trek occasionally? Never followed it, though, I watched a few of the films, caught a few of the TV shows on repeats, watched a bit of Voyager, and I quite enjoyed J.J. Abrams reboot-ish thing. But I'm certainly not devoutly into it. I know only bare basics of it and couldn't tell you anything about the plots in the serials. So... the answer is "yes." I have seen Star Trek. Because I haven't been living under a rock for the past 40 years...

The question was "do you watch Star Trek?", implying some kind of regularity, I don't think it's uncommon to have watched it before at some point, but more specifically the question was more "have you seen enough of the series you form a valid opinion on which of the 2 main series is better, if so which do you like most?" I never thought you were living under a rock...
Yukito-kun wrote...
Andy 117 wrote...

The question was "do you watch Star Trek?", implying some kind of regularity, I don't think it's uncommon to have watched it before at some point, but more specifically the question was more "have you seen enough of the series you form a valid opinion on which of the 2 main series is better, if so which do you like most?" I never thought you were living under a rock...

Oh, well I've seen enough of the two series to know I at least prefer Picard to Kirk. Will that do? :P
Andy 117 wrote...
Yukito-kun wrote...
Andy 117 wrote...

Oh, well I've seen enough of the two series to know I at least prefer Picard to Kirk. Will that do? :P

Picard 1: Kirk 0