How to create a hentai catalog!

Pages Prev12
Flaser OCD Hentai Collector
This tutorial is about extracting the information from the file names and storing them in a spreadsheet, so you can quickly search and browse your collection. Where you store them doesn't really matter, though if they're all over the place it could be a problem as you wouldn't know where to find stuff (for that purpose you should check out the program called "Where Is It?", as it was made for that purpose).

To use it, you also have to use a rigid naming scheme and take the time to actually look up the relevant data when you name the files.
[font=Courier New]Sounds good. Thanks. I have a big fetish for lists and crap like that anyway. Much appreciated for the non-technophiles among us (me).

Edit: Meant to rep the other post, my bad. [/font]
Organizing my doujins just became ten times easier.
I just learnt how to do this in school...
I followed your instructions for the new CSV guide. However, for some reason the list I got in Excel always seem to be only in one column (i.e. the artist/franchise/etc are only in one column). So I'm just wondering what am I doing wrong here.

My naming scheme is: [Artist] Title (Franchise) {Translator}

The cxv.bat file I have is:

cscript replace.vbs "%1" "[" ""
cscript replace.vbs "%1" "] " ";"
cscript replace.vbs "%1" " (" ";"
cscript replace.vbs "%1" ") " ";"
cscript replace.vbs "%1" " {" ";"
cscript replace.vbs "%1" "}" ""

Thanks!
SirRaven wrote...
I followed your instructions for the new CSV guide. However, for some reason the list I got in Excel always seem to be only in one column (i.e. the artist/franchise/etc are only in one column). So I'm just wondering what am I doing wrong here.

My naming scheme is: [Artist] Title (Franchise) {Translator}

The cxv.bat file I have is:

cscript replace.vbs "%1" "] " ";"
cscript replace.vbs "%1" " (" ";"
cscript replace.vbs "%1" ") " ";"
cscript replace.vbs "%1" " {" ";"

Thanks!

What comes to mind is that your (probably English) version Excel uses commas instead semi-commas to parse csv files. Try this:

cscript replace.vbs "%1" "] " ","
cscript replace.vbs "%1" " (" ","
cscript replace.vbs "%1" ") " ","
cscript replace.vbs "%1" " {" ","
Thank you. I've tried your method, but it still doesn't work. I think it's because I'm using Windows 7 because in the cmd that pops up, I got:

'csv.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Then I tried to run the csv.bat file and I got (in the pop up cmd):

Microsof VBScript runtime error: Invalid procedure call or argument

Since I have no idea about programming (only did it in high school for a semister, forgotten it now), I hope you can help me here. Thank you!
SirRaven wrote...
Thank you. I've tried your method, but it still doesn't work. I think it's because I'm using Windows 7 because in the cmd that pops up, I got:

'csv.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Then I tried to run the csv.bat file and I got (in the pop up cmd):

Microsof VBScript runtime error: Invalid procedure call or argument

Since I have no idea about programming (only did it in high school for a semister, forgotten it now), I hope you can help me here. Thank you!

Did you actually create a vbs file and place it in the same directory where the bat file is?
Yes, the vbs and bat file are in the same directory along with the make-list.cmd.
SirRaven wrote...
Yes, the vbs and bat file are in the same directory along with the make-list.cmd.

I don't have access to a Windows 7 system right now, so I can't troubleshoot the script. Another guess could be that on Win 7 you need administrative privileges to run a vbscript.
FinalBoss #levelupyourgrind
Damn, hentai = serious business...
Here's a brief rundown of what these files do:

We use two batch files and a vbscript. This is done, so each file only accomplishes one function.
-The vbscript replaces a string with another in a text file. It takes three parameters - name of the text file, string to be replaced, replacement string. Each time we call it - with those 3 parameters - it replaces that single string.
-The csv.bat batch file contains a list of strings we want to replace in a specific order. To create csv files we must call the vbscript severl time. This way we only need to create a single set of orders for each naming scheme. Its only parameter is a filename.
-The last batch file creates the text file we operate on (using windows' own dir command), renames it csv so when we open it in Excel it'll interpret it correctly and finally calls the previous batch file to do all the necessary string replacements. We could create multiple files, and call the csv.bat routine several times.

Here are things that might go wrong:
1. You named the vbscript something other than "replace.vbs" while the csv.bat batch file still references "replace.vbs"
2. You named the csv.bat batch file something else, while the last makelist.bat batch file still references it as such.
3. You didn't modify the in the last batch file so it won't create the text files we need to work on.
FinalBoss wrote...
Damn, hentai = serious business...

Damn right! XD

Anyway, on topic, it turns out that it was due to no. 2 = =". I had named the "csv.bat" as "cxv.bat". I can't believe I just sat there for an hour trying to figure out whats wrong... Thanks for your troubles Flaser and the guide too.
Or you can just save all your tabs to favourites.
DCzzz wrote...
Or you can just save all your tabs to favourites.

Did you even bother to read the opening post? Your comment has contributed nothing relevant to what this thread is about.
wow that's so much of word I don't thinks every body can read that all in 1 day
CCCooooooollllllll
nice tutorial, but I'll stick to my method.
Just creating a main hentai folder and add subfolders of the authors.
then inside those folders are the actual zip/rar files, of course all of them are properly named.
it's fine for me :)
Pages Prev12