Blink 182

So, follow up, I listened to Blink 182's most recent album "Neighborhoods"...I was disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I love Blink 182, its just that...I feel like they were at their best with "Take off your pants and jacket", point being, does anyone still listen to old Blink 182?
Old Blink 182 is best Blink 182. I feel as though they lost their touch with he new album. Still though, I was thrilled when I heard they got back together.
I definitely still listen to Blink 182's older albums.

Also, I'll admit I've only heard a few of the tracks from the new album, but I'm getting some serious Angels & Airwaves vibes from what I've listened to.

Perhaps Tom DeLonge's time with A&A during the hiatus had a more prominent effect than we were expecting?
I occasionally sit down and listen to them if i'm not in the mood for heavy rock, so yeah, i haven't really touched their new album, so i cant give an honest opinion on it, but yeah, i do like the older stuff.
devsonfire 3,000,000th Poster
I didn't expect that they would be back.
Even though the album "Neighborhoods" is not as good as their old album, I still find it enjoyable at the least.
I like a few songs like "After Midnight", "Love is Dangerous", "Ghost on the Dance Floor" and "Kaleidoscope".
I hate Tom Delonge
Leekspin wrote...
I hate Tom Delonge
Delonge is a good writer though, but Hoppus is a better singer.
Haseo21 wrote...
Leekspin wrote...
I hate Tom Delonge

I don't mind Hoppus or Barker, but for some reason I have this undying hatred of Delonge. Just looking at him pisses me off
Leekspin wrote...
Haseo21 wrote...
Leekspin wrote...
I hate Tom Delonge

I don't mind Hoppus or Barker, but for some reason I have this undying hatred of Delonge. Just looking at him pisses me off
I don't blame you, he has a very dislikable appearance to me.
Haseo21 wrote...
Leekspin wrote...
Haseo21 wrote...
Leekspin wrote...
I hate Tom Delonge

I don't really mind his appearance. It's more or less the way he comes across in interviews and his v logs. He just seems arrogant and self-centered.
Blink 182 is one of the godfathers of pop punk though, so I gotta give them some respect.
Leekspin wrote...
Haseo21 wrote...
Leekspin wrote...
Haseo21 wrote...
Leekspin wrote...
I hate Tom Delonge

I don't really mind his appearance. It's more or less the way he comes across in interviews and his v logs. He just seems arrogant and self-centered.
Blink 182 is one of the godfathers of pop punk though, so I gotta give them some respect.
Oh, so thats what it is. I dont usually follow the personal lives of members from bands I listen to, however, I am not surprised in the slightest that he comes of that way.
Haseo21 wrote...
Leekspin wrote...
Haseo21 wrote...
Leekspin wrote...
Haseo21 wrote...
Leekspin wrote...
I hate Tom Delonge

Oh, so thats what it is. I dont usually follow the personal lives of members from bands I listen to, however, I am not surprised in the slightest that he comes of that way.

I usually don't either but every once in a while I come across a musician I can't stand. The new album wasn't all that bad but I definitely think if I had to listen to them I'd probably stick with their old stuff.
NEXUS Since 2010
Leekspin wrote...
Haseo21 wrote...
Leekspin wrote...
Haseo21 wrote...
Leekspin wrote...
Haseo21 wrote...
Leekspin wrote...
I hate Tom Delonge

I usually don't either but every once in a while I come across a musician I can't stand. The new album wasn't all that bad but I definitely think if I had to listen to them I'd probably stick with their old stuff.

Ya Neighborhoods is a solid record but I think they need to go back to there roots.

I love old blink 182. And when I say old I mean OLD.

Spoiler:

NEXUS Since 2010
Rezikai wrote...
/agree Nexus

Chesire Cat, Budda and Dude Ranch were my faves to.

Though t.o.y.p.a.j was ok,

the newer stuff has Barker and iirc Scott was the drummer back in the day. Maybe that's why the sound changed/slowed w/Enima of the State since that was the 1st album with Barker on drums.

man... i was a sophmore in Highschool when that shit was big... im old.

Man that must have been an awesome time. I was just a little kid back then so I couldn't fully comprehend how awesome that music was until I was at least 12.
hands down. old blink will forever and always be the best. fuck their new shit. i can't stand it.
Well, I disagree. I loved their new album and I loved their self-titled album. I wasn't a huge fan of Blink-182 when they were much less mature and they sang about partying, girls, etc., but once their maturity sneaked in on their self-titled, I was amazed... Their new album, Neighborhoods, takes even more maturity and puts in a darker atmosphere, which I really like; I still don't think it matches up to their self-titled, but it's totally my second favorite.
Haseo21 wrote...
Leekspin wrote...
I hate Tom Delonge

I agree. Hoppus is a better singer. I love the way he sings in "Stockholm Syndrome". It's a lot different from the way he sings in their other songs.