What is true manliness does it truly even exist at all?

Pages 12Next
Or is it a figment of our imagination; something our ancestors created - an image to follow, even with times and evolution happening

Planet overpopulated? an obvious spike in gay people
and metrosexuals? who cares it is the 21st century
We're past the cave men age and some men thin the line between what is masculine and feminine - simply put, its an invisible line some men cannot see;
and they aren't afraid to show off a feminine side

Leave your thoughts below
"Manly" Is just a word, an adjective. As far as it being created by our ancestors as a means to control the devolpment of future society, Well, that just kind of a dumb idea.

And as far as manliness being related to planet overpopulation, or the ammount of openly homosexual or metrosexuals, Well I'm pretty confused about what you're asking. If I could guess, I would say that you're implying that real men are the ones who embrace their feminine side.
Manliness -- being able to wear pink and carry a purse but without any doubt to your sexuality. Manly is being able to watch My Little fucking Ponies with no shame. Its being able to cry at movies and goes "I know how you feel man, that made me cry too!" instead of laughing at you. Manliness is when life gets you down, you get back up and kick it in the nads.
Women ( some ) see them as a man with great courage and always going extreme.

Men ( some ) see them as muscle packed, attractive looking figure that they wish they could be.

Is it a man who sleeps with hundreds of women?
NO!!!!

Is it someone who beats the shit out of other people and isn't ashamed of that?
NO!!!

Is it someone that exceeds the abilities far greater than other men?
HELL NO!!!

People often depict this word "Manliness" as an image of someone greater than the average Joe which is completely nonsense by the way.

A man is man and that is that.

What matters is having the courage to be yourself and nothing is more manlier than that.
Manliness is a mixture of charisma,power, and strong beliefs. The type of dude who'll step up when someone needs 110% from him. The type of guy who has a sense of judgement and morals so strongly engraved into his mind it forms his virtually unbreakable will. He has a strong sense of protection of the ones he cares about. The type of guy who can keep cool when it's needed and express his emotions when it's needed.

The saying "chivalry is dead" comes to mind when asked if manliness is still around. It is but it's really rare. Now people thing being manliness is fighting or impressing everyone. Back in the day I thought you were a man if your pain threshold was big and you had scrapes and bruises by doing something reckless like playing tackle football on concrete with the sideline pop rule or rooftop leaping on a dare.
Data Zero Valkyrie Forces CO
Manliness?

Dont belive it exists. There exists only saints, hard workers, lazy bastards ,complete assholes and everything else i missed.
I'ts stereotypical to think that it does exist... It's just an adjective.

People view manliness based on circumstance.

I think its manly to cry~
It is more cooler to kill a person who thinks hes a man.
As a result, nobody wants to try.
Simply a word that nobody now understands.
When 90% of internet users are men looking like women. Well, its a huge misuderstanding of morals and values.
People are afraid to be men and woman are afraid to be women.
Sign of the times - deal with it and keep fapping/schlicking.
Masculine and feminine are constructs.

There is no innate performative behavior for either sex.
Be yourself and stick to your beliefs.

There isn't anyone manlier than that.

You have any issues or something concerning this topic?
If so then ask us Fakku-ers, we'll be there to help.
Please don't bring your retardness from IB into SD.

SD is already full of enough degrading bullshit threads as it is.

Why is this thread even in SD, it should be moved to random.
gizgal wrote...
Masculine and feminine are constructs.

There is no innate performative behavior for either sex.

My views tend to agree with this. 'Masculine', and thus 'manly', are simply words used by people in a society to describe activities they agree with or view with approval for their sex. Same with 'Feminine'.

As with all agreements, they are simply for the benefits of those who agree, and don't really mean anything outside of that fact.

@OP You should try to express yourself better when you open a thread in the SD forum. As it stands, it is barely intelligible.
ToyManC Forgot my safe word
Manliness is a concept which changes based on where you live in the world, and what culture you grew up in. There is no universal basis for measuring it, so there can be no universally upheld ideal. Therefore, I would have to say it doesn't exist, except as a reflection of how we see ourselves. If a man considers himself a man, then who is qualified to contradict that opinion?

Gender roles are imprinted upon us from many sources (Family, School, Friendships, Television, Work, Etc.), but we may appear hopelessly un-manly in another culture. There are several societies where the women hold all positions of power within the family groups. How would an average European, or American, male fit within such a matriarchal society?

The concepts of what is manly, or attractive, are constantly changing, as new ideas and icons are placed before us in the media and by social interaction between cultures. What was considered manly fifty years ago, is not likely to be what is seen as manly by today's standards. So my answer is to say, "To thine own concept of manliness, be true. Be yourself!"
Having hair, and saying i am a man, my body grew this hair and i will not shave it off unless it takes away one of the pegs i need to be able to survive, i.e. Food, water, money, etc. Not being afraid to do things like lift with your back, and actually know that we are all perverts and to man up when we are caught, and other such things.
I don't think its healthy for anyone to feel a need to adhere to what society deems to be correct behavior for there gender. Let people be who they are i say

also what does this have to do with the topic(or what i think the topic is anyways)

Casualhaku wrote...
Planet overpopulated? an obvious spike in gay people

Overpopulation has nothing to do with society standards of what a man should be, and gay people have existed for a long time. They are just more open about themselves now
FinalBoss #levelupyourgrind
Manliness is a product of social conformity reinforced by testosterone. We're raised to behave a certain way according to gender because of our mind's need to organize and classify things (including ourselves). Manliness doesn't really exist, but we like to pretend it does.
This thread is exceedingly sexist. Manliness simply refers to a sense of courage as a underlying principle to action, deferring to situation, and can be addressed appropriately as masculinity which although is just as well another form of patriarchy based elitist term, allows for the acceptance of the arising masculine woman and feminine man as society starts leaving behind such utilitarian viewpoints like gender.
Manliness has nothing to do with physical strength or facial hair growth, instead it is a rare combination of character traits. I would say the typical examples of manliness are military leaders, discoverers and scientists. Those are the people that do great work for barely any recognition, and the importance of their deeds is usually only realized post-mortem. Because of this dedication they don't care about physical or psychological pain, or what other people think about them. They can cross antarctic deserts or live in the streets, and never lose their goal out of sight. Back in the days when war was a constant threat, and life wasn't taken for granted, man as these were the cornerstone of society.

Unfortunately they are dying out since they are of barely any use in modern society. A contemporary example of pure manliness would be the Norwegian shooter Anders Behring Breivik. He gave up a comfortable life to achieve a goal which he believed in. The same goes for Osama Bin Laden, who stemmed from a wealthy family. Regardless of their political/religious believes, they did what they thought was right, and it was their bad luck to be on the opposite front from our liberal western world.
Physical + Instinctual + Cultural* traits that makes men men = True Manliness.

*Is subject to change over short time
I need to know what does manliness mean. Does it mean masculinity? If this is the case, I would say that the behavioural traits of a man would constitute that, like aggressiveness, being physically strong, inclination to take charge so and so for. For ancient patricharchal societies, exhibiting manliness is very desirable. Men are needed as labour and as sword-bearers. Women can't take up that role because I believe these societies want to protect these women as that they can reproduce. A medieval way of division of labour I would say.
Pages 12Next