Do you prefer traditional or computer animation?

Do you prefer traditional or computer animation?

Total Votes : 3,444
I prefer Computer animation only if it's well made...
Gravity cat wrote...
I like both. Computer animation is good if done right

Same here
Personally I prefer traditional. Computer has its moments, but I grew up with traditional and I will always enjoyit the most.
Foreground Eclipse wrote...

Cartoonetwork is a freak show.
Have you seen this "hyper-realistic vocaloid video? It's fucking freaky.
That shit is fuckin' scary! After seeing that I don't ever want to watch anything but old fashioned hand painted animation cels! Except in video games and Reboot! reruns where computer animation doesn't look like the work of the devil or the ancient ones... I might watch a Gakupo version of that video, but I'm drawing a line there.
The Venture Brothers is the only 100% hand drawn cartoon on TV these days.
GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!
Traditional. I don't like CG... Unless its done well (Umemaro xD)
It's traditional for me, but I do love seeing when both traditional and computer animation are put together "right".
traditional all the way
CG can be good but most good ones are fan made
so sad XP
I enjoy all forms of non-western animation but since the majority of my favorite works are traditionally drawn I would have to vote for the traditional way of doing things. Computer animation has its touches but for now it's a slow tradition and I don't mind that too.
Traditional art, with computerized modeling.
Nothing is freakier than 3DCG human skin,
nothing is freakier than a side-skidding car as well.

Oh and please, no more Initial-D-tragedy please.
(Human body de-synchronized with the mechanic part being handled)
Traditional due to how out of place some computer animation can be. When done correctly(its own style) it's pretty good but traditional just seems better.
I've seen hybrids of both. Half the time they are good but then again half the time they are bad.
Both are good in their own right. Just been watching traditional since I was a kid so that gets my vote. CompAni can be good... Sucks to have been made after traditional ^_^b
I like both equally, however depending on the show or movie makes a difference.
I like it though if an animator manages to meld the two into one, like with the Ghost in the Shell series.
Traditonal worked wonders in Totoro
Transformers Prime, Green Lantern: The Animated Series, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and Iron Man: Armored Adventures.
Just to list a few recent examples of some very good CG shows. And not just the animation, but the plot as well.
Iron Man: AA especially employs a very interesting animation technique not seen very often. I agree that it's very easy to do bad CG, but the same is also true for traditional animation. In the end they're both tools. The quality of the work depends on the hands of the creators.
i voted for traditional.. but i also like computer animation SAI, photoshop etc.
i'm bad at them though so traditional for me.
Traditional.
Nuff Said
AssasinZAssasin Not Hentai Protagonist
Hand drawn will always be better than Computer Anim!
I vote for traditional although CG's like Appleseed takes the cake.
Forum Image: http://contenidos.terra.com.pe/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/appleseed2.jpg
As an animator I've done hand drawn animations and 2d/3d on computers. But drawing each and every frame (usually around 30 frames per second), is a pain in the ass. Though it can be fun and you feel more accomplished after it's done, I got to go with computer. Can't imagine how Disney and his crew did that for a full length movie.