Wisdom teeth?

Pages 12Next
Voting for this poll has ended.

Do you currently have wisdom teeth?

Total Votes : 37
How many of you guys have wisdom teeth/3rd molars? I just got my wisdom teeth surgery yesterday and now my mouth hurts like crap. D:
Got all four of mine cut out on the same morning. It wasn't all that bad until my mother gave me too many pain pills...
I have them in my lower jaw. Haven't bothered to remove them.
For anybody who is somewhat confused.....
Spoiler:
Forum Image: https://www.fakku.net/image-404/images/1001519-IF8B7S1.jpg
A wisdom tooth, in humans, is any of the usual four third molars. Wisdom teeth usually appear between the ages of 12 and 25.[1] Most adults have four wisdom teeth, but it is possible to have fewer (hypodontia), or more, in which case they are called supernumerary teeth. Wisdom teeth commonly affect other teeth as they develop, becoming impacted or "coming in sideways." They are often extracted when this occurs.

I already had mine extracted 6 years ago. It was extremely painful to eat anything crunchy for awhile.
I have two in my upper jaw haven't gotten them removed since they don't bug me much. And that I don't have the cash money for the surgery.
I had to get mine removed when I was in high school. They hadn't appeared yet, but there was some sort of issue with the roots messing with my facial nerves, and apparently there was a risk of paralysis. No wisdom teeth for me.

It wasn't too painful, the doc gave me pills for the pain but I didn't end up needing them. Were awesome pills though, matrix blue.
I have one on each side of my upper jaw. They've always functioned/fit normally as molars, I don't know that I'd need them removed.
3 WT removed. one was sideways and costed me 320USD to remove that one.
No pain drugs.
Gravity cat the adequately amused
All four of mine came through (two in the upper jaw, two in the lower jaw) about a year or two ago. It hurt like hell, as do all teething, but otherwise they came through fine and I don't suffer with any complications.

Question: If Wisdom teeth come out fine, why would anyone want to remove them?
I haven't bothered to removed them. Never really started hurting.
Gravity cat wrote...
All four of mine came through (two in the upper jaw, two in the lower jaw) about a year or two ago. It hurt like hell, as do all teething, but otherwise they came through fine and I don't suffer with any complications.

Question: If Wisdom teeth come out fine, why would anyone want to remove them?

They usually don't come out fine is the problem. For most people wisdom teeth grow in at wrong angles where they are pushing into other teeth. Also wisdom teeth can really crowd your jaw; even if they grow in straight it's still a possibility.
True story. My mother is a dentist. She removed my for wisdoms without drugs or anesthetic. Fucking Advil and booze. Why... because she doesn't believe in them.
animefreak_usa wrote...
True story. My mother is a dentist. She removed my for wisdoms without drugs or anesthetic. Fucking Advil and booze. Why... because she doesn't believe in them.

Your mom knows what's up.
I still have all of mine. They have, and currently do not give me any problems.

EDIT: Well, the only problem is when I get food stuck back there...
I still have all of mine. Have yet to have any problems with them too.
I had other teeth removed so my WT could come in. They haven't come in yet.
Grenouille88 wrote...
animefreak_usa wrote...

Your mom knows what's up.

No because she didn't have a nitrous or scripts. She pulled them with the pliers thingy.
I had them removed shortly after my brother did, since his were breaching. It was incredibly painful for him, so my folks didn't want me to endure the same thing. It was a pretty easy procedure. I was knocked out and sent home with a bunch of cotton in my mouth before I knew we'd even started.
[font=segoe print bold]One small part of human evolution I hate.
I don't care if my jaw would be bigger/a bit more protruding.
I want to have those strong teeth we had a few hundred years ago.
Eating walnuts whole, would be fun again, damn it ! lol[/font]
I still have mine, they dont bother me much except for having to reach all the way back to brush them.
Pages 12Next