At what age were you introduced to anime?

At what age were you introduced to anime?

Total Votes : 7,012
I watched dragon ball and yu gi oh, but I got into anime once I started Full Metal Alchemist
Started watching Rurouni Kenshin, Pokemon and Yu Yu Hakusho at around 6-7. Toonami was the shit.
first exposure was Sailor Moon, Lupin the Third, and DB/DBZ when i was about 6 or 7 and the local channels had them syndicated, then i dove head first into the Pokemon craze around 10.
i cant remember how old i was but my first anime was dragonball. Not dragonball Z but Dragonball.
Cardcaptors was my first anime at 9 years old.
we once owned a tape rentals (yup, betas, VHS) but i was so young, that i don't know what difference is an anime to a cartoon. i just watched them all. but i do remember, robotech, mazinger z, and the robot in a flying saucer (forgot the title) so, im not sure if its 6 or below 6 years old.
Since I was born. I grew up with studio ghibli rather than the conventional Disney movies.
i knew about anime ever since i was like 4 or 5 but i really got into it at 5th or 6th grade
8 yrs old.... BTW I don't know the word anime back then... I was watching with my uncle, aunties, and their classmate, our houses and their house is close is like we own a subdivision. I remember we always visit my grandma and grandpa house to watch it cause it has huge tv and we watch there.
Was around 1996 and my first was Sailor Moon. I owe that series everything haha.
I was around 8 when I saw my first anime, though I can't remember which I saw first, Outlaw Star or Yuyu Hakusho. Of course Toonami was my main anime network back then.
i was introduced around 5 or 6 when i started to watch toonami
I don't remember the exact age, but I'd say I was around 6, maybe even younger than that. One day I was looking for something to watch in the afternoon and the Go-Lion portion of Voltron was on Cartoon Network. That's my first memory of anything related to anime.
Started watching G-Force, kimba the white lion, Voltron. In the morning before school. Didn't know it was anime at the time. When I reached late teens I found out what anime actually was.
Without a doubt i watched dragon ball waaay back but i didn't really know what Anime was at the time. It wasn't until middle school when i really started getting into computers and the internet, when i was fully introduced to Anime. Oh and Toonami sure did show me some good Anime back then.
As far back as I can remember,

I think it was pokemon that got me into anime.
the others that were on came soon after, like dragonball, and ramna 1/2.
Sailor moon and dragon ball z in Spanish back when I still lived in Mexico.
My first anime was Mila the Superstar, when I was 5 years old...:)
I guess you could say I first watched Toonami and was introduced to mainstream dubbed anime like Naruto, when I was around 8. But I didn't really understand that I was watching "anime" or anything different then a normal American cartoon until I was around eleven, when I wanted to watch further ahead in Naruto and realized I could if I watched it with subtitles online. Then I discovered Fullmetal Alchemist, fell in love with it, and it all spiraled from there, since I've now watched close to a hundred series.

Edit: @TheEpicSock: I didn't even think of that. I must have watched my first Studio Ghibli movie at hardly 5 years old. I saw Spirited Away really early on, though I have to say I think it weirded me out at the time, since it was my first taste of that culture.
Honestly I don't clearly remember, but I recall that I was like, 4-5 years old when i started watching stuff like Saint Seiya, Tiger Mask and so on. Man, Gemini Saga (evil) freaked me out so much as a child, lol.