Summer Writing Contest 2012!

My First Forum Post :D

Hope I did Okay

A Bad Summer
KuronekoChan FAKKU Writer
artcellrox wrote...
KuronekoChan wrote...
Here's my entry. Thank you for reading and I hope you all enjoy. Comments welcome.
https://www.fakku.net/viewtopic.php?p=3255520#3255520
Huh. Title isn't showing. Definitely user error on my part. Not sure how to fix that.

You mean showing the title in such a way that clicking it leads to your thread, like this?

In Her Nature

If so, just click on the Quote button to the right of this post so you can see the BBCode used to do this.

Ah ha! Thank you very much!
Spoiler:
Cinia Pacifica wrote...
While you are to keep your posts relevant to the topic here, you may post questions here, too. If you feel that you will feel humiliated or overwhelmed by the public presence, then - as they themselves said - please feel free to PM the other judges, and me, of course.

Also, please try to leave some comments on the entries of the participants. It doesn't matter whether you're a fellow writer, a participant yourself, or someone who barely writes and just reads; writers enjoys comments and feedbacks from almost anyone.

F.A.Q.s

How do I submit my Entry?

Make a new thread for your entry in the Writing and Fanfiction Section. Then, copy the link of your entry and post it in this thread.

You MUST post the link of your entry in this thread or else, we will NOT count it.

--Can I submit Multiple Entries?

For every users' entries, there will be a limit of ONE (1). It is not yet known how many will be participating. However, each judge has to read every entry. In order to avoid potential eye strain, please limit your entries to one piece please.

--Does it absolutely have to be under 1500 words?

Yes. If people could make do with 1000 words in the first contest, then why not 1500 words?

--Can I change or edit my entry?

Sure, but please announce and let us judges know. You can change or edit your entry up until the deadline - 00:00 of the 15th of July, 2012 (EST, GMT-5).

--Can I take ideas, or have a parody from an already-existing work?

Sure you can. However, you need to explain it to us that you did. Or else we may suspect plagiarism or the likes. Just leave a footnote regarding it (at the bottom) of the post that contains the story of your entry in it's thread.

--Do I have to include adult/sexual contents in my entry?

This is purely your choice. We don't mind if sexual contents are not present. We don't encourage or discourage it.

----------------------------

List of participants
Spoiler:

In order of submission:

GracefulDiscension submitted - Standing on the Grave

ScribeZazu submitted - Another Day...

Kyto1984 submitted - My day at the beach

Loliday submitted - "All But Mine"

Eastiling submitted - "Something that matters"

Antw0n submitted - The Pulse of the Stars

Drag0nf0rce submitted - Summer 'Heat'

Sanjuro_Hiruki submitted - The Angel’s Wife is an Immortal

ruckles26 submitted - Bitter vanilla

Jurann submitted - A Lazy River Ride

Poetrian submitted - Hurricane (Author must edit his work to meet the conditions of the rules)

Dandare submitted - Undead - Ikebukuro incident

El Chacal submitted - A Night to Rememeber

DudeWTF234 submitted - Random

Rozeluxe_Meitzen00 submitted - SevenTeen-th

Chronus14 submitted - Ball of Fire

Nejik submitted - A trip to the beach

Mangaman90 submitted - A Totally Dramatic Summer

VGuy submitted - Frames of Summer

ericcc70 submitted - My Slightly Sadistic Alice

Wabi-Sabi submitted - This love transcends boundaries (Author must edit his work to meet the conditions of the rules)

drakenichols1 submitted - Our Heaven

jademarlo23 submitted - Oppai, Megane, and Tsundere

Miyake submitted - Eternity

NeoStriker submitted - Just One Summer

ntsmooth submitted - For the First Time

tenshinhan submitted - And the sunset smiled.

branondorf submitted - Koyuki x Ayaka

John31269 submitted - The Three Unforgettable Days

high_time submitted - The Dying Wish of Summer

Pyrasius submitted - Ashford Academy to the beach

Hanasaku submitted - Serene wind, Gracious snow

Pulled out of the list out of respect, an honorable entry:

Jericho Antares's submission - A Time in Heaven--Forever in Hell

If your name is not on this list, it means:

- You did not post a link to your submission as instructed by the rules above.

- Your entry did not follow the rules: Under 1500 words and include either of the themes.

- Your entry was not posted before the deadline.

- You were just BSing us with your entry.

If you've made an error from any of the infractions described above, then your entry may not be included.

----------------

And lastly, special thanks to Anesthetize for this awesome topic image!

Ok, I'm not sure how I should announce that I edited my entry so I'll just quote you, one of the judges, and do this: Koyuki x Ayaka
Cinia Pacifica Ojou-sama Writer
branondorf wrote...
Spoiler:
Cinia Pacifica wrote...
While you are to keep your posts relevant to the topic here, you may post questions here, too. If you feel that you will feel humiliated or overwhelmed by the public presence, then - as they themselves said - please feel free to PM the other judges, and me, of course.

Also, please try to leave some comments on the entries of the participants. It doesn't matter whether you're a fellow writer, a participant yourself, or someone who barely writes and just reads; writers enjoys comments and feedbacks from almost anyone.

F.A.Q.s

How do I submit my Entry?

Make a new thread for your entry in the Writing and Fanfiction Section. Then, copy the link of your entry and post it in this thread.

You MUST post the link of your entry in this thread or else, we will NOT count it.

--Can I submit Multiple Entries?

For every users' entries, there will be a limit of ONE (1). It is not yet known how many will be participating. However, each judge has to read every entry. In order to avoid potential eye strain, please limit your entries to one piece please.

--Does it absolutely have to be under 1500 words?

Yes. If people could make do with 1000 words in the first contest, then why not 1500 words?

--Can I change or edit my entry?

Sure, but please announce and let us judges know. You can change or edit your entry up until the deadline - 00:00 of the 15th of July, 2012 (EST, GMT-5).

--Can I take ideas, or have a parody from an already-existing work?

Sure you can. However, you need to explain it to us that you did. Or else we may suspect plagiarism or the likes. Just leave a footnote regarding it (at the bottom) of the post that contains the story of your entry in it's thread.

--Do I have to include adult/sexual contents in my entry?

This is purely your choice. We don't mind if sexual contents are not present. We don't encourage or discourage it.

----------------------------

List of participants
Spoiler:

In order of submission:

GracefulDiscension submitted - Standing on the Grave

ScribeZazu submitted - Another Day...

Kyto1984 submitted - My day at the beach

Loliday submitted - "All But Mine"

Eastiling submitted - "Something that matters"

Antw0n submitted - The Pulse of the Stars

Drag0nf0rce submitted - Summer 'Heat'

Sanjuro_Hiruki submitted - The Angel’s Wife is an Immortal

ruckles26 submitted - Bitter vanilla

Jurann submitted - A Lazy River Ride

Poetrian submitted - Hurricane (Author must edit his work to meet the conditions of the rules)

Dandare submitted - Undead - Ikebukuro incident

El Chacal submitted - A Night to Rememeber

DudeWTF234 submitted - Random

Rozeluxe_Meitzen00 submitted - SevenTeen-th

Chronus14 submitted - Ball of Fire

Nejik submitted - A trip to the beach

Mangaman90 submitted - A Totally Dramatic Summer

VGuy submitted - Frames of Summer

ericcc70 submitted - My Slightly Sadistic Alice

Wabi-Sabi submitted - This love transcends boundaries (Author must edit his work to meet the conditions of the rules)

drakenichols1 submitted - Our Heaven

jademarlo23 submitted - Oppai, Megane, and Tsundere

Miyake submitted - Eternity

NeoStriker submitted - Just One Summer

ntsmooth submitted - For the First Time

tenshinhan submitted - And the sunset smiled.

branondorf submitted - Koyuki x Ayaka

John31269 submitted - The Three Unforgettable Days

high_time submitted - The Dying Wish of Summer

Pyrasius submitted - Ashford Academy to the beach

Hanasaku submitted - Serene wind, Gracious snow

Pulled out of the list out of respect, an honorable entry:

Jericho Antares's submission - A Time in Heaven--Forever in Hell

If your name is not on this list, it means:

- You did not post a link to your submission as instructed by the rules above.

- Your entry did not follow the rules: Under 1500 words and include either of the themes.

- Your entry was not posted before the deadline.

- You were just BSing us with your entry.

If you've made an error from any of the infractions described above, then your entry may not be included.

----------------

And lastly, special thanks to Anesthetize for this awesome topic image!

Ok, I'm not sure how I should announce that I edited my entry so I'll just quote you, one of the judges, and do this: Koyuki x Ayaka

You don't have to do that much... you usually have to just leave a note on your thread or make a footnote with a timestamp at the end of the post with the story.
Actually, on that note, I know the list is a little out of date with these recent entries, but now even I'm starting to get a bit worried that I might've violated something which has kept me off the list. I feel that all entries should be placed on the list and have a cross out with a note if there is an error, which you have been doing for some. Besides, it would be nice for the list to be updated so everyone can get feedback. I think I got two reviews and that's about it, though I greatly appreciate said two reviews.
here's mine. Hope it fits with the requirements

https://www.fakku.net/viewtopic.php?p=3258242#3258242
Here's mine: https://www.fakku.net/viewtopic.php?p=3258264#3258264
artcellrox wrote...
AssasinZAssasin wrote...
Um, i was just wondering but...Did my story violate any rules? because i posted it and linked it few days ago but my name is not in the list of participants...

If it's not even in the list and Rise didn't say anything, he didn't get a chance to brush through it yet, hopefully. Guy's kinda lazy. ^^;

EDIT: That, and he's busy with home issues.

I asked that question too. He said he's no longer going to edit the participant list. But that doesn't mean that your entry doesn't count. It's just that he's too lazy to read through them.
saihafire wrote...
artcellrox wrote...
AssasinZAssasin wrote...
Um, i was just wondering but...Did my story violate any rules? because i posted it and linked it few days ago but my name is not in the list of participants...

If it's not even in the list and Rise didn't say anything, he didn't get a chance to brush through it yet, hopefully. Guy's kinda lazy. ^^;

EDIT: That, and he's busy with home issues.

I asked that question too. He said he's no longer going to edit the participant list. But that doesn't mean that your entry doesn't count. It's just that he's too lazy to read through them.

I said that I'd add them but... I'm kind of procrastinating until tonight!

Bah, it's hard to stop once you start procrastinating.
Xenon FAKKU Writer
Cinia Pacifica wrote...

Well, I hope it'll be easy to stop when you find out I'm submitting The Capriciousness of Youth
Xenon wrote...
Cinia Pacifica wrote...

Well, I hope it'll be easy to stop when you find out I'm submitting The Capriciousness of Youth

AN ENTRY BY YOU? I'M SOLD.

... Ahem. I hereby pledge to slay my laziness.
Xenon wrote...

First things first, glad to see you back here. And it's nice to see you're also participating on this event~

Will drop by to your entry when I'm available, though I can't really say much about it since I'm not good at reading comprehension to be honest but I'll try my best~
Xenon FAKKU Writer
high_time wrote...
Xenon wrote...

First things first, glad to see you back here. And it's nice to see you're also participating on this event~

Will drop by to your entry when I'm available, though I can't really say much about it since I'm not good at reading comprehension to be honest but I'll try my best~

Kind words also accepted as morale boosters. It's good to be back, high.
Well, I understand procrastination, but if kinda is important to have that list updated. Without it, some entries tend to go on without any necessary criticisms for the writer to grow on from other users, simply because they get buried by other entries and users just don't know about the other stories that have yet to be put on the list. Again, I suggest putting ALL entries on the list, regardless of review, but keep them separate from the others that have been checked over just so that they get recognition. Once you get over your procrastination, then you add them to the main list. Sound like a plan?
Here is my entry. https://www.fakku.net/viewtopic.php?t=91233
Helping out 'cuz I got some time~

Continuing from where the last list went off...okay I think I've compiled all the entries starting from the latest one updated into the post before me~

Be sure to post your links to your entry in this thread or else I won't add 'em, if I did miss something out feel free to notify me

Take note that this list has been temporarily added based on Blaze's suggestion, it hasn't been checked by Cinia Pacifica for the errors yet.

This will give you less reason to laze around Rise =D

Anito submitted - I Nailed Momoka, (so fuck you)

Lt. Rand0m submitted - A Turbulent Summer Experience

drwho submitted - Golden Tides

bluseorrow submitted - Splatter Painting

EroSuccubus7 submitted - Summer's Mirage

SciasGrassRunner submitted - What I Did Over Summer Vacation

Nessuno submitted - The Best of Friends Chapter 1

Joke's_End submitted - The Choice is Yours

Walkerz submitted - Connection

Sighing submitted - The last day of summer

Lord Kirby submitted - A quiet summer bath

AssasinZAssasin submitted - Where We Are Least Alone

Longevity submitted - Young Love!

Earthhunter submitted - Don't forget me!

saihafire submitted - A Demon, a Season, a Reason...

spellbraker submitted - Summer of Love and Friendship

Blaze submitted - A Place Beyond the Blaze

KuronekoChan submitted - In Her Nature

TheGodofManyFaces submitted - The Meeting

ejioforp submitted - A Bad Summer

the_bloodwalker submitted - The Painful Forgiveness

LustfulAngel submitted - The Mystery of Fate

Xenon submitted - The Capriciousness of Youth

Buttersfree37 submitted - The boy and the ghost who wept
high_time wrote...
This will give you less reason to laze around Rise =D

Thanks bro. Couldn't ask for more.

Now back to lazing around.
Here's mine: https://www.fakku.net/viewtopic.php?t=91287

I posted it to my fanfiction account some time ago and decided to make some edits and enter the contest with it.
Kasaix wrote...
Here's mine: https://www.fakku.net/viewtopic.php?t=91287

I posted it to my fanfiction account some time ago and decided to make some edits and enter the contest with it.

May I have you remove it from Fanfiction.net until the contest is over?