Do you ever want to get married?

Do you ever want to get married?

Total Votes : 6,328
You don't need marriage if you love each other enough. Nuff said.
Vorsicon wrote...
bloodwerkx wrote...
You don't need a document and a ring to symbolize your love for another person.

iwillflytoday wrote...
it symbolizes a kind of mutual love and commitment.

Fuck, I agree with the both of you.

I'd like to get married, it's supposed to also act as insurance almost, but why would you need that if you truly love each other?

And since there are so many divorces in this century getting married almost doesn't even matter anymore.

I don't know what to actually think on the matter anymore. I just automatically join the herd and think "oh, I'll just get married, everyone does it so whynot?"

One thing that makes me want to get married is that if your wife or husband is in the hospital, you won't legally be able to see them unless you're related, and if you aren't married, you don't count.
Might as well put my opinion in...

I would like to get married, have kids, etc. However, few things stopping me from doing so:

- My work literally consumes a majority of my life. After I get off work, I'm usually exhausted in going out anywhere, so I go home and literally crash on the couch with a migrane headache, etc.

- I do have a little bit of free time, but some of the time for that is for tennis league practice/management, and some of it is going out by myself. The friends that I currently know are essentially introverts who love the game/stay at home a lot more than going out and doing things during weekeneds and holidays.

- In my own personal experience, it just seems that the women in my area are either already taken and married, or are bloody afraid of any man within a 500 mile vicinity. This irritates me to no end.

Essentially letting out a LOT of steam here. Heck...if there are any women here who would even TALK to a chinese guy in Maryland, that in itself would be a major accomplishment.
"Plenty of waifus" is inaccurate, I just have and need one.
I believe in love~~~~~~
I was married but now I'm a widow and I doubt I'll find another girl like her.. ps. Can a guy be a widow?
It's really hard to find "The One" out there but when you do it's just amazing. Before I forget yes I am married.
Marriage is pretty stupid. I'd rather have short relationships, and random one night stands :P
We'll seeā€¦

If it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't.
No... I'd be a horrible husband... I can't be trusted....
The Rater wrote...
I was married but now I'm a widow and I doubt I'll find another girl like her.. ps. Can a guy be a widow?

Guys are widowers.

On a side note. I have used up my get married tickets (3) and am now on a catch and release agenda.
That is why I voted no.

On a second side note.

HOW DID JACOB VOTE???
will get married just not the right time
enjoy your youth to the fullest before the freedom is taken XD
Unfortunately, I'm more of a lone wolf type of guy that gets annoyed when people stick too long around him.
So that would probably be a no to a relationship, let alone marriage.
I'm having enough problems taking care of my own ass which is why I say no to a marriage, at least until I can properly provide for myself and my family.
Yes. When the time is right.
Mehhh...marriages are overated anyway.
Yes, and DONE.

We met when we both worked at an amusement park, almost 20 years ago.
She's a school teacher and bit of an Otaku, I'm an attorney.
We've been to ComiCon San Diego 2x and would probably go more, but
that's usually our anniversary week, and she'd rather have me to
herself for some, well, you know.

;-)

Marriage is SO not a dead institution, just lots of bad press.
godsend The Pun Master
Senjou wrote...
Mehhh...marriages are overated anyway.

First off; I love your siggy...
Second: wouldn't it be that you've lost faith in 4D (don't forget time), and that your current orientation is 2.5D -- Yes, I quote Yamatogawa on that one -- cuz, y'know, there are some pretty good 3D hentai out there.
Forever alone....
I know I want a husband because it's a symbol of togetherness that's admired by many people;
and I think the sound of "husband and wife" is nicer than "boyfriend and girlfriend".
I see people tend to respect the terms differently [in proper use], too.
(Though I haven't even had a boyfriend yet, I will eventually! ;u;")