Disgaea 5

Pages 12Next
Forum Image: http://a.pomf.se/jghvkl.jpg
Disgaea 5 thread.
Id like to see more drama in the storyline, lately the games have been more comedy that story, not that this is bad, Id just like more story like how Digsaea 1 was told. I would also like it if they toned down the Geo puzzles a bit, it seems like they just threw the levels together and put geo panels everywhere.
I almost forgot to mention dueling, the Port for Disgaea 1 on the PSP had it and it was a long of fun along with Item trading, Id like to see it return.

As for Disgaea Dimension I cant wait to see where they go with it.
I haven't gotten far in Disgaea 4 yet, but in Disgaea 3 I enjoyed that story fairly well. Although it was extremely comedy heavy, during the last few chapters there were some really close calls and the story did an emotional jerk on me. The climax/conclusive battle was pretty good too,

Spoiler:
loved the wedding photo.

But they need to tone down Geo panels, it's frankly a pain in the ass to deal with EVERY geo panel in the item world. But what I truly want the most is;

MORE attacks. There's like less than 50 total attacks in all the Disgaea games. Now I don't want something as crazy as Phantom Brave which has over like 400 attacks, but to be honest, it'd be a little less boring, and more entertaining to see more weapons and attacks. Phantom Brave had some comedic and some really bad-ass attacks. Currently the best looking attack I know is probably Dimension Slash from Disgaea 4. All of Disgaea 4's giant attacks are absolutely bad ass, and I can't help but ask for more bad-ass attacks.
I want to see the vita versions come faster after the initial release of the games. As much as I love the series, I like the convenience to pause it and come back to it later. So maybe a quick save option would be cool in D5.
More classes. I maxed out pretty quick on allot of them, although enjoyable to do its just no fun reincarnating to the best more than twice.
Everything else is fine by me. its a pretty solid game and I dont want to see it change to much.
D4 is close to being completed, at least I have sometime before D5 comes out it would seem
Bump. Updated the opening post.

Hmm, I wonder what this could be? That scarf looks awfully like a "5".
Spoiler:

Forum Image: http://a.pomf.se/nopsos.jpg
I liked Disgaea 2 because of the plot. Kinda waiting for another one like that. I guess I also like Rozalin.
I haven't played one since 2...

Are they still longer than MMO's with how utterly ridiculous and endless the leveling can be? (going into items that had 99 floors, lmao).

Might have to check another one out, but they really bug my OCDness in games. lol
Definitely looking forward to D5 since even if that picture isn't connected it's bound to surface eventually.

While still not the type to lose insane amounts of time hitting the highest of possible levels, I still enjoy the series.
Sneakyone wrote...
Id like to see more drama in the storyline, lately the games have been more comedy that story, not that this is bad, Id just like more story like how Digsaea 1 was told.

^Yes. Tsundere Laharl was boss and Prinny arc will always be a fond memory of mine. However I think the obsession with comedy is just bad. I find myself fatigued with Disgaea series thus far because lately they leaned too heavily on the comedy segments to carry through as a result: jokes tiresome at a point, get too far away from the story segments and side-character storylines feel pretty patch-work.

I feel like strategy was more concrete in the earlier Disgaeas but with all the new add-ons since the original to spice things up, some being good and bad, strategy has become a bit too lax for my like in the later points of the game. Involving more composition based tactics rather than on-the-field footwork.

I like geo puzzles, especially setting of huge chains in the Item World but making it an absolute pain to deal with like clone panels or something similar is just ridiculous.
FinalBoss #levelupyourgrind
Guess its almost time for me to get a PS4. By the time I finish playing Disgaea D2, this should be out.
artcellrox The Grey Knight :y
New guy's gonna have a hard time living up to Valvatorez.
Only PS4? no ps3 D:
artcellrox The Grey Knight :y

It's the first entry on the PS4, compared to previous entries having been only on inferior (in terms of power) consoles. I'd be pretty insulted if it wasn't going to be the biggest so far.
screenshots and artwork

As usual, Harada doesn't let us down.
つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE ETNA
Just released a trailer

Seraphine.
The MC's Seiyuu sounds EXTREMELY familiar, but I can't place a name, it's literally on the tip of my tongue.
Found you Mamoru Miyano~~, I figured it out after listening to his first lines again. That throaty Okabe Rintaro, and that insane Yagami Light.

Also, I still remember pissing myself laughing at the American Trailer for Disgaea 4.
Pages 12Next