how to dress when meeting people

so here is my question how to dress to attract attention and to not focus it on your default. I have a big complex i have really broad shoulder but the rest of my body is quite ordinary / just a bit buff. (people used to call me a lumberjack or gorilla in high-school) For my size im supposed to wear medium clothes but because of my shoulders almost all medium are too short i have to get large ones but those are way too baggy and v neck make me look like a jerk so what should i wear now that im going back to college.how do i hide my shoulders ???
Last time I checked, girls like big shoulders lol :P
Yeah, I agree with Federico. Girls love big shoulders! It sounds like you have a healthy, masculine build, so just be proud of it! Think about it this way - What's better then having the guy you like throw his arms around you, and feeling totally safe, secure, and protected in his embrace? Seriously, it might sound dumb, but it's actually a totally heartwarming feeling that girls love! Be happy with who you are and what your body looks like - you're going to be stuck with it for quite awhile.
Takerial Lovable Teddy Bear
Have you penis hanging out.

Then no one will even notice your shoulders.
It's hard to help with clothing without seeing your body type. I'm not sure what goes well with broad shoulders either. Not to mention season affects what you can wear. It also makes a huge difference what you are doing while meeting these people and if they are a love interest or not. Your age would also help out with knowing what would be appropriate to wear. In the end your question is not detailed enough for me to help you. If you don't mind sharing those informations I could maybe help you a little.
lusobr wrote...
It's hard to help with clothing without seeing your body type. I'm not sure what goes well with broad shoulders either. Not to mention season affects what you can wear. It also makes a huge difference what you are doing while meeting these people and if they are a love interest or not. Your age would also help out with knowing what would be appropriate to wear. In the end your question is not detailed enough for me to help you. If you don't mind sharing those informations I could maybe help you a little.

not at all im going to meet them when i go back to college in 1 month no particular love interest but who knows. i live in a really cold place like minus 35 in the winter but goes to + 35 in the summer . As for my body time i have broad shoulder that you got im 6.1 and im half Vietnamese so i got Asian skin color and hair but blue eyes my waist is slender but (i have put on a few pounds since i stooped going to my gym ) and since i use to box and play football i got good defined legs. my hair is medium short but i let it grow in the winter usually .
Would you say your body is a triangle shape or a rectangle shape?
I'd say that either way, it would be best for you to go with a layered style. If you are in the northern hemisphere it's probably cold right now so you could go with any shirt/tshirt you like with a jacket over it, if you live in the southern hemisphere it's probably hot so just a simple t-shirt with a short-sleeved shirt over it with the buttons opened. The idea is to not accentuate the broadness of your shoulder by hiding, if you have a triangle shaped body, your waste in some hanging fabric.

Like this http://ezeliving.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/173.jpg

Just be sure not to do that with something other than jeans or else it will look silly. Specially with shorts. Layered style with shorts usually make you look childish. Since you are at college age that would not be nice.

If people have called you a gorilla before you probably also have long arms. Make sure your shirts and tshirts are not too short as to end before your waste. It's nest for you to wear shirts that hang a bit under your waste as to not make your arms look weirdly long.

V necks make you look douchy because not only they make your shoulders look even broader with long arms they create the gorilla effect you mentioned. Big collars draw attention away from your shoulders so wearing clothing with ones that are big or call attention to themselves will help.

Wearing pants with broad ends also helps drawing attention away from your shoulders. If you wear tight pants it will only contrast more with your big shoulder and make them look even bigger. So try wearing pants that are a big baggier. Don't wear bigger sizes, just baggier cuts. even if you have well defined legs, with your body type wearing tight pants will make you look like a lollipop.

Sectioning your body also helps. Wearing belts or shirts that have a design that divides your lower half from your top half are a good way to make your broad shoulders more natural.

I think that's all I can come up with. Hairstyle and eye color has almost no effect on clothing. Maybe in color coordinating, but honestly that you just look in the mirror and see if it works or not. Skin color is kind of tricky. When you say asian you mean slightly tanned right? If that's so most colors look well on you. People with pale skin are probably the only ones who suffer when choosing clothes because of it.

I hope I was of some help.
Federico wrote...
Last time I checked, girls like big shoulders lol :P

Hmm that's odd...I know I have broad shoulders but I barely even get a look from girls. Hmmm..!

lol either way, I would just dress in clothes that look good without being formal. I tend to wear very dark blue jeans and a collared black button up short sleeved shirt. Mainly because I have black hair and dark eyes so I think it works (hurray for taking tips from somebody I know who does a similar thing).

Shoes should be important but I hardly think that they will look at them and judge you for it, just make sure they look decent enough. Fix your hair, shave if you are the type of person who looks better clean shaven rather than with a beard. So on and so forth.

Otherwise just clothes that work well together I suppose, in terms of colors. Nothing too loose, tight in my opinion only really works if you are fit or thin. Just well fitted works well regardless of your fitness level.
dart22333 wrote...
[...]how do i hide my shoulders ???

maybe something to draw attention away, like a big belt buckle? or maybe baggy pants to balance it out?

dart22333 wrote...
[...] v neck make me look like a jerk [...]

this made me laugh. then when i thought about it, v necks are kind of douchey.
T-shirt with a collared shirt(undone) and straight-legged jeans = delicous.
Suit jackets always seem to make men look presentable and just plain stylish. Maybe that's just my own opinion
round hat, stripe collar polo shirt, necktie, black jeans, vans colored mocha shoes with laces... I got habit with a tie and a hat...
http://www.longestlist.com/file/28cl82vecm8fu/[/take it take it.........................common harder]