Kill or die

Pages 123Next

would you kill a loved one to survive?

Total Votes : 54
Ok this is hypothetical but lets say you woke up in a room with one other person
you notice it's someone very important to you,
(mom/dad/husband/wife/son/daughter/trusted friend or whoever is most important to you currently) tied to a chair across the table from you on the table there is a gun with one bullet in it and a note saying only one of you will leave alive and if you didn't choose both of you would die.
what would you do?

Would you kill someone who you care for?

Would you kill yourself to protect them?

Does it depend on the person or situation?
(like what can they contribute to society if spared or in the "husband/wife" situation who you think will raise your children better if spared)
How about you aim the gun at your head and then pretend the gun has jammed. Then continue to try, but still pretend it's jammed. Then wave the gun around and say "The gun is jammed!" And, assuming your captor is watching or something, you can shoot them if they enter the room. That's assuming they do.
623 wrote...
How about you aim the gun at your head and then pretend the gun has jammed. Then continue to try, but still pretend it's jammed. Then wave the gun around and say "The gun is jammed!" And, assuming your captor is watching or something, you can shoot them if they enter the room. That's assuming they do.
This might be an impossible decision for me to make. If this situation were to really happen I wouldn't trust my captor at all. I don't know if I choose suicide to save the person I care for won't be killed right after I die.

If I did kill the person I cherished the most then I'd would have to bare with that guilt for the rest of my life. Maybe I'd even kill myself after because of so much regret.

If there were a chance to kill my captor however, I'd slaughter that douchebag.
623 wrote...

This.
Or what if you just shoot the gun at the ground, and tell the person in the chair to say "... Okay. He's dead" in a sad voice. Opening the door, releasing my friend from the chair, boom. We're both free.

OR
What if you just untie your friend (I know how to pick locks), use the gun to bust open the lock on the door, setting us both free.

OR
What if I just pick the locked door, and pick up the chair and walk out the front door.

[size=29]OR[/h]
What if I just have sex with the person tied in the chair to entertain Jigsaw (assuming he captured us). He might just let us go because we entertained him, and me and my friend may or may not become more than buddies.
Not going to do anything. He/she either kills or we're spending time together.
As soon as I read the first post, I knew most, if not every single one, of the answers would be of people trying to outsmart the one who came up with the idea instead of actually responding to the scenario. I seriously, and I mean seriously, think people here should do a tiny bit of research to know what the point of an hypothetical scenario is. I'll still give the answer with little hope of making a difference other than negative votes or vitriolic responses.

It's not about testing your wits, it's not about looking for loop holes (unless you find yourself in a debate), it's not about having your cake and eating it yoo. It is about revealing something about yourself as a person depending on the decision you'd make. If you don't know, have the humility to say you don't. If you try to outsmart, you are making assumptions that are not yours to make because, guess what... it is all hypothetical!

My vote has to go for the third option. I'll go with a simple biological view and say that, if it were me and one of my parents, my parents would get the axe (symbolic axe). If it were me and one of my children, which I don't yet have, I would chose to die over them. Simply biological, following the evolutionary steps. That's how you answer a bloody hypothetical question.
opanihuya wrote...

I never said how he was going to kill you or if he was even still there if this helps when I made the question I had the thought in my mind that he wouldn't do anything but just leave you(completely trapped) to starve to death
deathgod72 wrote...
opanihuya wrote...

I never said how he was going to kill you or if he was even still there if this helps when I made the question I had the thought in my mind that he wouldn't do anything but just leave you(completely trapped) to starve to death

Sorry I meant the most important person ( I have a few whom I cant just pick apart). Ain't gonna commit suicide and I wont kill anyone from my folks. Either that important person looses it and shoots or we're still spending time together.
opanihuya wrote...
deathgod72 wrote...
opanihuya wrote...

Sorry I meant the most important person ( I have a few whom I cant just pick apart). Ain't gonna commit suicide and I wont kill anyone from my folks. Either that important person looses it and shoots or we're still spending time together.

then I guess if the one you ended up stuck with didn't want to shoot you either you guys would end up just staying there till one of you died from starvation,
a noble thought even in that grim a situation.
deathgod72 wrote...
opanihuya wrote...
deathgod72 wrote...
opanihuya wrote...

then I guess if the one you ended up stuck with didn't want to shoot you either you guys would end up just staying there till one of you died from starvation,

I don't think it's noble at all man, actually laying your life for someone important sounds nobler. Maybe I'll even succumb to it if my someone is on the verge but not before.
opanihuya wrote...
deathgod72 wrote...
opanihuya wrote...
deathgod72 wrote...
opanihuya wrote...

I don't think it's noble at all man, actually laying your life for someone important sounds nobler. Maybe I'll even succumb to it if my someone is on the verge but not before.
I just think that even faced with the choice of kill or die not killing is pretty noble even though not as noble as sacrificing yourself is still in a sense good
deathgod72 wrote...
opanihuya wrote...
deathgod72 wrote...
opanihuya wrote...
deathgod72 wrote...
opanihuya wrote...

I just think that even faced with the choice of kill or die not killing is pretty noble even though not as noble as sacrificing yourself is still in a sense good

I don't see a problem with it. We're all gonna die anyway and though our memories change from bad to good with time I still don't think my life is important enough to prioritize over someone close. I even know someone who enjoys the notion of a double suicide and your situation suits it perfectly.
Assuming there is not other way to get out of that situation except for those options... I'm not sure, I do not think I would be able to live with myself if I killed the persons I care most about anyway.
SolidShark wrote...
You've been seeing way to many movies deathgod.

The chance of such situation is very slim pretty much nothing. You would have to be with a very unstable person and be very dumb to be trapped. Due to that, I decided to state what I think would happen.

If one killed oneself on spot, what assures one that the other will be spared and released? The one who is forcing you could just kill your loved one after making you suffer in your last moments as you kill yourself.

If you instead killed your loved one, the tormentor would enjoy seeing your moral degrade in your last moments before he kills you. Nothing changes both of you die.

Your scenario provides no actual point, ending, or realistic decision-making.

I win prize for original response.

was thinking of the saw movies when I came up with this topic and I stated this was hypothetical I never mentioned it as something even remotely possible just a sorta dark and grim "what if" question

I figured people of fakku could take this sort of question seriously considering a lot of people talk of "going into hentai world" even though that is intended as a joke its the same concept just a more harsher take on it the whole "going to a place that does not exist" and "putting yourself in a situation you know will never happen"

even if you encounter a "what if" question that is even the slightest possible what you say you will do may not be accurate on what you will actually do a simple look at one of my older posts "what if: randomly punched"
shows a lot of that if you don't want to look that topic up(which i think that is unnecessary considering you were one of the firsts to reply to that topic unless you forgotten) simply read this example

Sgt.broski wrote...
"Tackle him, put him in a choke hold, and if I don't like the reason why he sucker punch me then I'll put him to sleep .... Permanently."

echoeagle3 "I love how you are so easily talking about murdering a guy. Enjoy your prison term"

Sgt.broski "I love how you imply that I would actually do that. Piss off idiot."
TRY TO KILL THE NIGGA THAT TIED THEM UP.

I accidentally hit sacrifice myself.
Shimakaze wrote...
TRY TO KILL THE NIGGA THAT TIED THEM UP.

I accidentally hit sacrifice myself.

that's not what the kill choice means choices are kill your loved one kill yourself or set depends due to thoughts that of some people close to you, you may just immediately kill your loved one to save yourself or you may just immediately kill yourself to save them depending on which loved one it was, life expectancy, or how much that person can contribute to society if spared vs what you can contribute if spared
I'd kill myself just to escape the situation, who knows what happens when the other person stays. Suicide is actually the easy option once you stop being so self centered.
IncrontomentalVortex wrote...
623 wrote...
ill do both or dont do anything at all
Pages 123Next