Can wealth buy happiness?

Pages 12Next

Can money make you happy?

Total Votes : 31
We have all heard the phrase "Money can't buy happiness." but is this actually true, or is it just a falsity perposed by those who are envious and want to make themselves feel better?
Money can buy you your own personal Moon Bounce. Case closed.
Money can buy you temporary happiness.

So if you have infinite money, then you have infinite happiness.
In this world money can buy alot, happiness included.
Me + Laziness + Lots of money = Happiness.
kengenerals wrote...

Or you could buy

Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://24.media.tumblr.com/5b36670781a966604659a2b7c067b30b/tumblr_mlwqilKGy41rhypzzo4_400.gif

infinite stratos
Depends on what you consider happiness.
Money can buy you things which help make you and others happy.

You can't buy a wife (at least one that will like you for sure) but you can buy a plane ticket for the two of you for a vacation.

Also, money gets you video games. So not much argument here.
Whoever said that "Money can't buy happiness" was most likely a bored multy-millionare.
It's bullshit.
bfg10k17 wrote...
bored multy-millionare.

Those need to be damn uncreative persons.
How can you be bored if you could do anything you want? Of course it will become boring but then you can just sit back and do nothing for a few months...
Grenouille88 wrote...
kengenerals wrote...

Or you could buy

Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://24.media.tumblr.com/5b36670781a966604659a2b7c067b30b/tumblr_mlwqilKGy41rhypzzo4_400.gif

infinite stratos

Forum Image: http://31.media.tumblr.com/3604ab58f162495b382192deabb0d6d1/tumblr_mptli2RJDp1sppmago1_400.gif

Spoiler:
I loled
yes it can buy happiness but not joy..
Money can buy pleasure. Happiness is priceless...you cannot put a price tag on it.
Everythign I could ever want or need can be bought with money, and it seems the only thing keeping me from the things I need is money.
It depends obviously on the person and the achievement the money will bring. If you live poor or middle class all your life and you suddenly turn millionaire, I would say you would be very happy indeed. If you are born rich, I don't think you could ever enjoy the little things with the same sense of accomplishment that a middle class or poor person does.
Holoofyoistu wrote...
We have all heard the phrase "Money can't buy happiness." but is this actually true, or is it just a falsity perposed by those who are envious and want to make themselves feel better?

YOU'RE A FUCKING IDIOT IF YOU THINK MONEY BUYS HAPPINESS.
hajinguysuckymydinky wrote...
Holoofyoistu wrote...

YOU'RE A FUCKING IDIOT IF YOU THINK MONEY BUYS HAPPINESS.

I don't know. Most of the things I've bought have made me pretty happy. Buying rc cars, and building a gaming computer stopped me being depressed for a bit there. now rc cars and my real cars, building and buying stuff is also keeping me happy :D

It doesn't mean not having money means you're unhappy, but still, money can buy you a form of happiness
Money is the gateway to happiness, because otherwise...you're just some homeless dude. Nobody likes homeless dudes, not even homeless dudes.

Anybody who says otherwise is still under the false pretense that human life and feelings are actually worth something.
It can do a lot...I'd say it'd make you pretty comfortable and worry free about important investment situations so yes. Living comfortably and happily is what money can do. It can't un make you a selfish prick if thats what you become out of it. That's just personality not money.
DarkShatter wrote...
Me + Laziness + Lots of money = Happiness.
Pages 12Next