[Anime] Hitsugi no Chaika

Pages 12345NextLast
Tooru Acura is a 20-year-old retired soldier meandering through life now that the war has ended. He encounters Chaika Trabant, a 14-year-old sorceress carrying a coffin, and follows her in hopes of finding meaning to his life again. The two travel with Tooru's adopted sister, Akari, the employed member of the group and thus Tooru's source of income. AniDB

Episode 1
Spoiler:
I wasn't expecting much but this was actually pretty interesting. The part when Eyebrows-chan just sliced that motherfucker in half with her magic sniper rifle was great.

Also, how could you not love those puffy eyebrows?
Forum Image: http://i.minus.com/iYgIN5S3ys3q1.jpg
I've read the manga, and plan to watch the anime

Spoiler:
Best line though, (might be in ep 2 haven't watched yet), is sister accusing brother of raping the eyebrow-chan

edit: they took out the joke, fuck that sucks.

ep 1

Spoiler:
They cut out a shitload of stuff. Though I do like the op and ed, and how Chaika Talks.
Ammy wrote...
Tooru Acura is a 20-year-old retired soldier meandering through life now that the war has ended. He encounters Chaika Trabant, a 14-year-old sorceress carrying a coffin, and follows her in hopes of finding meaning to his life again. The two travel with Tooru's adopted sister, Akari, the employed member of the group and thus Tooru's source of income. AniDB

Episode 1
Spoiler:
I wasn't expecting much but this was actually pretty interesting. The part when Eyebrows-chan just sliced that motherfucker in half with her magic sniper rifle was great.

Also, how could you not love those puffy eyebrows?
Forum Image: http://i.minus.com/iYgIN5S3ys3q1.jpg

Best girl this season, those eyebrows, that speech impediment, that design. This show looks like its going to be good.
Episode 2
Spoiler:
This anime is great. The fight scene with Tooru and the guy with the sword was really well done. Tooru is an interesting main character. I can respect how he's bored as hell and just wants to put his combat skills to use again. You don't need some noble reason to go adventuring with Chaika.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
War uh. What is good for.
Spoiler:
Making a young cunt into a ninja i guess.
Misaki_Chi Fakku Nurse
I really like this anime more then I thought I would. It's a little slow in the beginning, but it should pick up more as the story progresses, so I can't wait to see what happens (^^)

Spoiler:
Chaika is such an adorable character and her disjointed way of speaking is so cute!!! I also love her design, that outfit and those eyebrows are such a win in my book (>w<)

Forum Image: http://animephproject.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/07112013_hitsugi-no-chaika-_1.jpg
Ep2:
Spoiler:
So...that's what the coffin is for. I didn't expect her to be the daughter of the late Emperor. Her goal of just wanting to give her Father a funeral is also rather nice.

Good fight scenes and a nice steady pace. This is definitely going to be a good anime.
I like this so far. Also love how finally they have a main character that doesn't try to be badass, but when faced with that choice of good or bad he basically shrugs it off and goes with the bad route.
blinkgirl211 wrote...

Nah he's probably not even properly thinking of the consequences, most likely probably following his gut and spiting the asses who are persecuting his employer for reasons they or he do not fully understand. Another alternative is that his career is pretty much over, assuming a saboteur is equatable to a PMC, so he might as well see far how far saving Chaika will go for him. Plus saving lolis is a national duty. Fairly loose motives but there could be better reasons.
woot

Spoiler:
They just aquired a dragoncatloli, that will probably bite off his dick, in which form? I dunno.
Chaika is growing on me. I'm actually looking forward to those eyebrows every week.

Spoiler:
Not sure about how excited to feel about having a shape-shifting/potentially tsun/dragon for the rest of the series
Okayy,,,
Spoiler:
That whimsical decision to join the troupe was such a 180. Didn't really feel like having Fredrica come along is really necessary. I mean she can provide some interesting tidbits about the battle against Gaz's empire but that's not their real intention for bringing her along. She's there to add to his harem, add in lovebite scenes and have some sort of dragon riding battle scene.
I'll have to admit that I wasn't interested in watching this in the first place. But after watching all the episodes that were aired, I say...this is good. Chaika's just too adorable. Her broken sentences didn't bother me at all. It actually had an opposite effect on me. I like how Toru isn't just using strength and fights head-on, and uses strategies to fight opponents which look like as if he has no chance of beating them. Akari, a few words I would like to say. Them boobs and that ass. She's pretty badass too, and I like her extendable hammer. Very convenient and saves plenty of space. Looking forward to see how thing progresses in the coming episodes.
After KillLaKill and this eyebrows is my new fetish....
Ammy wrote...
Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://a.pomf.se/nikctw.gif

[spoil]Chaika Bohdan giving head, if it had audio..nah climaxless bj is still unsatisfying. Still a good gif though.

Taking into consideration that the Chaika in the first episode during the prologue had full speech capacity and that successive Chaikas have shown disabilities as well as distinct personalities and anatomy-it's probably safe to say that something along the lines of soul splitting occurred to the original Chaika (if there ever was one). I have several thoughts as to why Gaz would do this but frankly there is so little credible information about him it's not worthwhile. Otherwise Fredrica made herself scarce pretty fast.
Episode 5

Spoiler:
There is now more than one Chaika and we seen them in their underwear. Best episode? Best episode.
I think I love this series this even more than I love No Game No Life. It got really fucking interesting in episode 5.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
Iamnotchrishansen wrote...
Episode 5

Spoiler:
There is now more than one Chaika and we seen them in their underwear. Best episode? Best episode.

There is actually
Spoiler:
three chaikas.
animefreak_usa wrote...
Iamnotchrishansen wrote...
Episode 5

Spoiler:

There is actually
Spoiler:
three chaikas.

Spoiler:
Only three? Me sad...

Also, Akari is cute when she's jealous. =w=
Pages 12345NextLast