[Anime] Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei!

Pages Prev123Next
DarkdaemonPK2 wrote...
Uzumaki101 wrote...
Episode 7 came out...

YEEEEES!!
Spoiler:
They put in the reference about Typemoon and their Sibling Rivalries!!! And they even showed Kohaku, Stheno/Euryale, and Aozaki Touko!! (I was afraid they might skip this little Easter Egg, lol) :DD

You mean these?
photo vlcsnap-2014-08-21-03h57m03s30_zps8d4bbef8.png

I'm not familiar with their origins but I think I've seen them before when I watched a little bit of Carnival Phantasm and when I played Melty Blood for the PS2.

Time for a bit of a lesson!

Stheno and Euryale are the big sisters of this gal, lol :))

Kohaku (I'm sure you've played her in Melty Blood, the one of the two maids who's usually seen with the broom) is the big sister of Hisui.

And Aozaki Touko is the big sister of Aozaki Aoko(The red-haired girl who wears the white T-shirt and Jeans in Melty Blood)

P.S.

Aoko's also the person who gave Tohno Shiki his indestructible glasses, which help keep his Mystic Eyes of Death Perception (His really cool ulti where everything goes slow-mo while he moves towards his opponent to land a destructive blow) at bay.
Uzumaki101 wrote...
DarkdaemonPK2 wrote...
Uzumaki101 wrote...
Episode 7 came out...

YEEEEES!!
Spoiler:
They put in the reference about Typemoon and their Sibling Rivalries!!! And they even showed Kohaku, Stheno/Euryale, and Aozaki Touko!! (I was afraid they might skip this little Easter Egg, lol) :DD

You mean these?
photo vlcsnap-2014-08-21-03h57m03s30_zps8d4bbef8.png

I'm not familiar with their origins but I think I've seen them before when I watched a little bit of Carnival Phantasm and when I played Melty Blood for the PS2.

Time for a bit of a lesson!

Stheno and Euryale are the big sisters of this gal, lol :))

Kohaku (I'm sure you've played her in Melty Blood, the one of the two maids who's usually seen with the broom) is the big sister of Hisui.

And Aozaki Touko is the big sister of Aozaki Aoko(The red-haired girl who wears the white T-shirt and Jeans in Melty Blood)

P.S.

Aoko's also the person who gave Tohno Shiki his indestructible glasses, which help keep his Mystic Eyes of Death Perception (His really cool ulti where everything goes slow-mo while he moves towards his opponent to land a destructive blow) at bay.

Why Melty Blood? Why do you not mention Tsukihime?
EmiyaKiritsugu wrote...
Why Melty Blood? Why do you not mention Tsukihime?

Well, it sounded like he hasn't played Tsukihime, only Melty Blood. So I tried to reference characters from knowledge that he already knows.
@EmiyaKiritsugu

I'm not familiar w/ all the games and characters Type Moon has made so far. Melty Blood for the PS2 was just a game my colleague and friend gave me (his nickname is Archer since that is his favorite character on the series)since he was a huge fan of Type Moon (To make it short he covers a huge amount of knowledge whatever it is anime related. I was just a novice) and all their works, and he was also a big fan of the Fate/Stay night series. I remembered once he brought a Fate/Stay night fighting game (in the office where we work) made by Capcom and we fought a good hour or so. He had the upper hand since he had the game longer but I did not lag behind w/ the points even though it was my first time playing it.

@Uzumaki101

Well, thank you for the little history lesson, although I'm not sure I can absorb all that info in one go(sweatdrop). I may explore the Fate/Stay night series since I find it really good, I think. I have been ignoring the original series for a long time but hopefully, w/ Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya, this will be the bridge that will finally make me take small steps on watching the whole series that started it all.

I took a small peak thanks to the info Uzumaki101 provided and checked Miyu's background a bit. I think I should have not done that at all (sigh, there goes the surprise, damn it! Curse my curiosity and lack of strong will!). Either this series will be completely faithful on the original print or not will just be left for me to wait to find out (although Uzamaki101 already pointed out Ilya should have not blocked that attack Kuro whipped out, and should have instead deflected it).

Again I'm hoping this will will be more than just a 10 episode show. I really hate producers/directors/who ever is responsible making a really good series only to find out it will just be 10 episodes long, again...

-DarkdaemonPK2
DarkdaemonPK2 wrote...
I may explore the Fate/Stay night series since I find it really good, I think. I have been ignoring the original series for a long time but hopefully, w/ Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya, this will be the bridge that will finally make me take small steps on watching the whole series that started it all.

Don't watch the 2006 anime! If you can, download and play The Visual Novel instead. But if you can't stand reading, you can just wait for The upcoming re-adaptation of Fate Stay Night coming this October (Although the adapted part is Unlimited Blade Works, not Fate)
Uzumaki101 wrote...
DarkdaemonPK2 wrote...
I may explore the Fate/Stay night series since I find it really good, I think. I have been ignoring the original series for a long time but hopefully, w/ Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya, this will be the bridge that will finally make me take small steps on watching the whole series that started it all.

Don't watch the 2006 anime! If you can, download and play The Visual Novel instead. But if you can't stand reading, you can just wait for The upcoming re-adaptation of Fate Stay Night coming this October (Although the adapted part is Unlimited Blade Works, not Fate)

Thanks for the tip, although I was thinking of watching the series when the 4th holy grail war took place. I think that was the time I saw a huge fire when my friend Archer showed me last 2013 a glimpse of whatever version of fate/stay night that is. Hmmm... fire...

Was the 2006 version had a few hiccups/issues/inconsistencies you don't want want me to watch or is just bad?

-DarkdaemonPK2
Uzumaki101 wrote...
DarkdaemonPK2 wrote...

Thanks for the tip, although I was thinking of watching the series when the 4th holy grail war took place. I think that was the time I saw a huge fire when my friend Archer showed me last 2013 a glimpse of whatever version of fate/stay night that is. Hmmm... fire...

Was the 2006 version had a few hiccups/issues/inconsistencies you don't want want me to watch or is just bad?

-DarkdaemonPK2
DarkdaemonPK2 wrote...

-DarkdaemonPK2

If I can put it into words, I guess it's a lot more bland and the story more dulled compared to the Visual Novel. Mainly because the Visual Novel contained more of what the characters are thinking/feeling, and the anime also left out a few scenes that makes the characters have incredibly more depth when compared to the anime.

Also, the anime is mainly the fate route mixed with hints and scenes about the two other routes (UBW and HF), making the story be a bit more needlessly confusing than it should be.

...But if you can't download the Visual Novel, yet you still want to know what happens in the Fate Route, then, as much as it pains me to say this, the 2006 Anime is your best choice
Uzumaki101 wrote...

...But if you can't download the Visual Novel, yet you still want to know what happens in the Fate Route, then, as much as it pains me to say this, the 2006 Anime is your best choice

I'm a bit lazy to download any new VN's as of this year since I still have a boatload of unfinished VNs on my backlog so no fate/stay night for the mean time.

Just watched ep 8 a few days ago. I wont be able to post for a few days since it's exam week again so studying is my priority for now. The episode is divided into 2 parts and the first half is purely comedy w/c involves Ilya's mom eavesdropping on her school. The second half, although a bit brief and lacking, is where the whole thing everyone is waiting for.

The demographic for this series is clearly not for little kids (wow, I just realized just now?!) since the violence level is a bit extreme on this week's episode. That red haired girl (bah! details!) finally arrived and wrecked holy heck upon Luvia's mansion.

I really liked the fight scenes specially on the part where the butler used all the guns in the house just to eliminate that hostile intruder (and all other arsenal that was used after), but to no avail. My vein popped a bit because that red haired female is so powerful and not even breaking a sweat, nor even showing a trace of malice that it infuriates me for a reason. Meaning to say, she is not someone who you can hate since she is just doing her job, but she is really irritating me!! Grrr...

Will our heroines be able to stop this unstoppable disaster or will they also fall victim to her as well? Hmmm... on the side note, how come Miyu get to have one more class card fused to her? (Rider Miyu as shown on the next episode trailer). It's not fair!Ilya should have more forms! I wanna see a Caster Ilya, or a Berserker Ilya! Or even the questionable yet cute looking BEAST ILYA for pete's sake, damn it(although I doubt if her cuteness will make that red haired girl fall into submission...)!!!

-DarkdaemonPK2
Ep.9

Fight scenes were fine, Bazett's a beast :D. But they ended the episode so that the best parts appear next week! D:

Anyway, can't wait to see her use Fragarach on Miyu, and also what Illya and Rin does and says to get out of the situation :)
I did horrible w/ my Math exam for the 3rd time X__X;

Eherm... I just watched the current episode. If Miyu had been w/ the other girls earlier, then they would had not been whooped a lot. Also if Kuro's curse was removed, then she would had lasted more when fighting that red-haired demon. I cant wait to watch the next episode although I'm still brooding over the result of my Math exam...

ilya photo 0004_zps52d12acc.jpg

I've added the OP ost for season 2 on the Music and Soundtracks section. Here's the link:
https://www.fakku.net/forums/music-and-soundtracks/fate-kaleid-liner-prisma-illya-2wei-op-single

Farewell for now.
-DarkdaemonPK2
photo vlcsnap-2014-09-11-08h35m04s203_zps8bc69aed.pngPanty Shot

Once again, Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya ended on a 10th episode w/c seems to be the new 12. They were not able to beat that red haired demon, but it only ended w/ a truce leaving them with 3 cards left. I was a bit disappointed because I was hoping it will not end on episode 10 w/c means more episodes for me to watch, but they decided to have it to be saved for next year. I also did not bother to place this on spoiler since this is the last episode

I don't know. I feel season 2 is lacking. It's really good but there seems to be something missing. Just because there's an eight card then that red haired demon just withdraw? Well aside from that Rin's bluff seemed to have worked although it's not a very good way to beat their enemy, but at least they are spared for the meantime. Also, seems like Rin did not go emotional about the girls taking a beating from that demon. She did not even asked if everything is okay or whatnot as if she knew they were not that hurt although I've seen how painful the experience was. Or I guess she does not really care that much. Sigh, I guess that's anime for you.

photo vlcsnap-2014-09-11-08h44m26s69_zpsc4e116e7.pngI cant wait 'till next year

On the other hand, since season 2 will have a part 2 (I guess we can consider this as an unofficial "season 3"), w/c will be due 2015 so that is something fans of the series will look forward to. Also, looks like they finally broken the curse. What I'm trying to explain is that for anime adaptations, they usually end on the second season, and it's not yet even concluded w/c also goes for the manga w/c is also not yet finished.

I suppose I've seen it on animes like Mahoromatic, Sekirei and Rosario+Vampire so having another season proves the anime industry is taking small steps on changing the usual tradition. Or perhaps I'm just thinking too much.

photo vlcsnap-2014-09-11-08h44m40s212_zps0383e162.png

I hope there will be an OVA just like in season 1 but I suppose we will have to wait until further notice if they will actually have an OVA in store for us. It's been a fun experience watching this show and it was great chatting w/ everyone on the forums for the whole course of the series. As soon season 2 part 2 is aired, then you guys can be rest assured I will be making another forum for that as well.

photo vlcsnap-2014-09-11-08h45m30s236_zps832fa0cc.png
See you guys again in Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei Herz!

-DarkdaemonPK2
I've read the manga and watched the anime.

It is a series designed for a specific demographic but that doesn't change the fact that it's intentions, means and execution are just wrong.

It might be harsh of me to say this, but anime like this is what continues to ruin the industry and it's people. Even posting here to revitalize it's notice feels wrong.

I'm eager to hear someone prove me wrong, because the way I view F/K right now brings a heavily foreboding feel to the anime industry.
WideEyedMan wrote...
I've read the manga and watched the anime.

It is a series designed for a specific demographic but that doesn't change the fact that it's intentions, means and execution are just wrong.

It might be harsh of me to say this, but anime like this is what continues to ruin the industry and it's people. Even posting here to revitalize it's notice feels wrong.

I'm eager to hear someone prove me wrong, because the way I view F/K right now brings a heavily foreboding feel to the anime industry.

Either this is true....... or you're just thinking about this too much.
I think the series as a whole is just a nice little bonus gift for fans of the Fate franchise. As such, I believe that the source material is really nothing more than "more Fate" without any more intention to appeal to the hardcore otaku audience than to the fans of the Franchise.
But, this anime adaptation shows pretty clearly that right now is the time to appeal to the hardcore otakus, since the moe trend is still going pretty strong, with only less than a handful shows each eason to really break out of current tropes.
With that being said, yes I agree that the anime adaptation is just another sign of the industry becoming less quality-focused, which might just end up to being just another nail in the coffin for this industry in the long run. It doesn't really stop me from enjoying it though, which is kind of a scary thought tbh.
Uzumaki101 wrote...

I'd rather think too much than think too little.

TheJ4cK wrote...
I think the series as a whole is just a nice little bonus gift for fans of the Fate franchise. As such, I believe that the source material is really nothing more than "more Fate" without any more intention to appeal to the hardcore otaku audience than to the fans of the Franchise.
But, this anime adaptation shows pretty clearly that right now is the time to appeal to the hardcore otakus, since the moe trend is still going pretty strong, with only less than a handful shows each eason to really break out of current tropes.
With that being said, yes I agree that the anime adaptation is just another sign of the industry becoming less quality-focused, which might just end up to being just another nail in the coffin for this industry in the long run. It doesn't really stop me from enjoying it though, which is kind of a scary thought tbh.

If it's more Fate service then why is it THAT different? They literally could have made their own generic characters and there would be no difference to the series right now. In fact F/K wants to stand on it's own with it's half-assed attempt at making a story and practically abandons all attempts at servicing Fate fans in the later segments. The only reason F/K has Fate in it's name is because it wants to bait in poor Fate fans who still trust Fate even after Nasu stated he didn't want to work for Type-Moon on Fate anymore. Maybe even he saw what was awaiting Fate down the line, a gross misuse of a popular series to promote poor quality productions.

So animation studios should jump on the most profitable means currently rather than producing say, quality work worthy of any time? Prioritizing immediate gains over long term has always resulted in decline and the ire of the people suffering from that decline.

It should stop you from enjoying it, you should realize that the industry is insulting your intelligence by saying that this level of quality they want you to come to terms with.
WideEyedMan wrote...
Uzumaki101 wrote...

I'd rather think too much than think too little.

TheJ4cK wrote...

If it's more Fate service then why is it THAT different? They literally could have made their own generic characters and there would be no difference to the series right now. In fact F/K wants to stand on it's own with it's half-assed attempt at making a story and practically abandons all attempts at servicing Fate fans in the later segments. The only reason F/K has Fate in it's name is because it wants to bait in poor Fate fans who still trust Fate even after Nasu stated he didn't want to work for Type-Moon on Fate anymore. Maybe even he saw what was awaiting Fate down the line, a gross misuse of a popular series to promote poor quality productions.

So animation studios should jump on the most profitable means currently rather than producing say, quality work worthy of any time? Prioritizing immediate gains over long term has always resulted in decline and the ire of the people suffering from that decline.

It should stop you from enjoying it, you should realize that the industry is insulting your intelligence by saying that this level of quality they want you to come to terms with.

I kinda misworded my thoughts there. When I said "it doesn't stop me from enjoying it" I meant, that there are parts of it that I really enjoyed - which was most of the fights involving the servant cards and stuff because that is very faithful to the franchise - and parts of it that I really couldn't care less about - which was everything else.

The reason why it is THAT different is because Prisma Illya is written by an author who used to draw Fate doujins. As to the reason why Type-Moon decided to let that person make an official spin-off, well the only logical reason I can think of would be to sell more products. In case of the Fate franchise it's relatively easy to add new spin-offs since you can just explain prety much everything with "parallel universe" and #justholygrailthings.

Was it necessary to use have this story set in the Fate universe? Ofc not, but neither is every other Fate spin-off that is not directly related to the original Fate/Stay Night. It just so happens that the concept of the Fate universe allows for expansions beyond one story.
You can clearly see that by just looking at how many Fate spin-offs are in existence, with only the Fate/extra series being written by Nasu himself.
Yes Nasu said that Fate/extra CCC would his last entry in the Fate franchise, meaning that he has said everything he wanted to say in regards to Fate (which is kinda ironic because apprarently he himself writes the script for the upcoming UBW anime). It's just that the concept he created allowed for more ideas to be expanded upon, something he probably grew tired of doing, so he just let other authors write spin-offs and profits from it.
Because let's be honest, Fate/stay night is an eroge (and thus, pornographic material) and was made with making sales in mind. It was also treated as such until Type-Moon realized that they could resell the exact same game again to a broader audience by releasing an all-ages version 8 years later without any technical updates.
All I want to say with this is: Type-Moon is just a business, aiming at selling entertainment media. I wouldn't necessarily blame anyone in the industry for focusing more on otaku pandering material than anything else. This whole system runs on supply and demand. The industry as a whole just realized that the demand for moeblob bullshit has risen over the past years, with the medium "anime" becoming more and more mainstream and the average consumer only looking at said medium on the most superficial level.
It is just too much effort to work harder towards the same amount of money that be made much easier, especially concerning the really fucked up working conditions in Japan. Companies are just doing things from a business perspective, which I really can't blame them for.
TheJ4cK wrote...

I see you've done your readings, good.

I really don't think those fights were good and Fate/Carnival is a better example of how to make a series exclusively for the fans. Or deeper still Fate/Hollow Ataraxia is full of everything that F/K aspired to be as a provider of worthwhile fan-service.

Even F/E and many other Fate spin-offs made many obvious and direct attempts to stay related to the Fate universe and having experienced them myself I can say that it's no overstatement that F/K is related to the Fate series in only name(s).

Yes part of the reason why F/SN is an Eroge is because it helped boost sales but also because the sex also aided character interaction. After every scene where Emiya bedded Saber, Saber grew more to terms with her feminine side that she suppressed in her previous life as a man and she started gradually showing that in her actions towards Emiya. It's difficult to capture that adult relationships in the all-ages version where they had Emiya get eaten by a dragon instead.

I want to drive away the assumption that Eroge is solely meant for profit and satisfying one's libido. F/SN has a wonderfully rich story told from a man that clawed his way up to success to make some of the most iconic works in Japanese history. Nobody makes that deep of an impression in culture while thinking only of profit, he surely thought of the joy from sharing his work with the world. Eroge can literally be "a work that contains erotic content" rather than "a work defined by intercourse"(see nukige).

You are fine in keeping that opinion that businesses seeking a profit are justified to do so, but I'll stand by my belief that a production that goes for a safe means of raking in income by following such trends will only stagnate the industry as others follow suit and make the treasures of the entertainment industry rarer or (heaven's forbid) eventually nonexistent. I cannot condone an industry that furthers along the death of diversity.

I'm not quite sure what is left to add.
Disclaimer: My following statements are purely speculative and I have not conducted any research in that regard. So, take everything I say with a grain of salt.

I don't think "death of diversity" is necessarily the most accurate term to describe the medium anime and its current development.
I think it's just the fact that the medium itself is growing (albiet not in the way I want) because there are simply more people watching anime nowadays than let's say 10 years ago. Anime has just become more popular during the past years and a clear indicator for this development can be seen in how many new shows debut per season.

As I said, I haven't done any research whatsoever so I could be horribly wrong, but if we just compare shows from 5 or 10 years ago to shows nowadays, one big difference is the length of each series. While the total runtime of every anime during a single season might have stayed more or less the same, in terms of quantity, more shows debut each season on average. Why is that? Because anime back then used to be long running. Thinking back, I can't immediately think of a series that only ran for 12-13 weeks, because most of them back then were used to run for at least 24 episodes.

What does it mean for the shows that we have nowadays?
Well, first of all they are shorter in length, which could mean that the attention span of the average consumer is shorter than 5 or 10 years ago, so companies produce new shows which this in mind. This way, the money that would be spent on a single show with 25 episodes can be spent on two separate shows with 12 episodes each, effectively broadening protential audience as well as being able to sell double the amount of merchandise.

But let's get back to the consumer. As I said, the attention span of the average consumer has become shorter over the years. That doesn't necessarily mean that people who really liked anime back then don't watch as much anime anymore, moreso that there are more people getting into anime by consuming shorter series. These "newcomers" are used to the 12 episode length and are probably less willing to get into longer series, because of a lack of free time and/or money to buy the DVDs/BDs, especially considering that nowadays there is a wider array of different kinds of entertainment, so not every consumer can be expected to spend most of his free time on anime.

The medium has become something it wasn't before: popular. And as with every popular entertainment medium, you can apply Sturgeon's law fairly accurately:
90% of everything is crap. It really is.

I think the industry as a whole is heading for a mainstream direction, and I'm fairly certain that the anime industry will experience the same development that the gaming industry did.

As such, I think nowadays it's more important than ever to find the really good shows, while not trying to bother with the rest. Quality content will still continue to exist, it will be just harder to find it, because for every really good show coming out, 9 really mediocre ones do as well.
I have to make a correction on my previous post. It should had been "The anime industry is taking small steps on making changes" instead I wrote "not taking small steps". I suppose I was sleepy when I made my last entry.

WideEyedMan wrote...

I'm not really sure on where were the parts that the execution was done wrong, but in all honesty, I really liked this spin-off, as I have mentioned several times. I suppose a show that is liked by one person will not appeal to the other. Its not because of the moe blob, panty shots or the yuri that got me hooked on this: its the action and comedy and chaos that that is revolving around the show. And they gave Ilya a second chance of giving her a normal life compared to her "original" life in the original series.

And no, I have not played or watched the original media yet but even if I will not have the opportunity to do that, it is alright; this spin-off is already plenty for me.

TheJ4cK wrote...
But let's get back to the consumer. As I said, the attention span of the average consumer has become shorter over the years. That doesn't necessarily mean that people who really liked anime back then don't watch as much anime anymore, moreso that there are more people getting into anime by consuming shorter series. These "newcomers" are used to the 12 episode length and are probably less willing to get into longer series, because of a lack of free time and/or money to buy the DVDs/BDs, especially considering that nowadays there is a wider array of different kinds of entertainment, so not every consumer can be expected to spend most of his free time on anime.

I have to agree that anime, may it be adaptations or originals, were longer back then. I remember when they were discussing this many years ago and they said anime now are more expensive to make. But the part that TheJ4cK said about people having short attention spans is something new to me. I understand the anime industry caters to the whims of the general public but if they do, in which they are doing right now, I just feel bad since I like watching long series (well, not really long. 25 episodes is already short, 50 is great but watching a really long one like Pokemon or Naruto is not a thing I will enjoy). I suppose people back then were tougher compared to the new generation, but I'm sure there are still plenty of people out there (like me) are still wanting a 25-50 episodes anime since this is something that we got used to.

I'm sure the last I made was the finale for this thread but looks like this is still alive. I would like to thank again for everyone's participation by posting your thoughts and comments.

I'm just still baffled on what WideEyedMan mentioned about the execution part. Since this is a mahō shōjo show, then it should be all girly and magical and pretty and pink? Is that what is it supposed to be? Sorry about that but I may be over-thinking again but personally, I like my mahō shōjo series to be violent and dark; or perhaps I'm just watching the wrong genre at all.

-DarkdaemonPK2
Pages Prev123Next